I'm sure that Flitcroft would have made damn sure he could work with Clarke before appointing him. Welcome to VP Darrell and may your partnership be long and productive. 

I don't suppose you could get Elijah Adebayo back from wherever he's gone could you?

Edited by Heatwave
  • Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

Posted Images

Welcome Darryl.  Clarke and Flitcroft let’s hope it’s the Dream team. No matter what fans think, you cannot knock our owners on these moves, let’s get behind them, and hopefully get in the ground soon.  UTV

• Like 3

Decent appointment on the face of it I think. Looking at his record I’m not sure why some wouldn’t be happy with it. All happened extremely quickly it would seem too. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Walsall fans happy he's gone. I assume compensation has been agreed.

Atleast it can all be put to bed now.

No compo if he quit first

Advert:

Good we’ve gone in and taken a manager we want, especially a side higher than us.

Done superb with Rovers, modest with Walsall and excellent at Salisbury.

Happy enough with that. Flitcroft would be good on his own to have him and Clarke gives us a good set up.

• Like 1

Well that came out of the blue!

He did well at Salisbury and Bristol Rovers but seems to have struggled to turn Walsall around, I’m fairly happy though as he’s a fairly experienced manager who has a decent track record and promotions on his CV, let’s be honest as a LG2 club whoever we appoint was likely to either have the odd negative mark or lack experience.

Good luck to him hope it works out well, I wonder if we have/will have to pay Walsall any compo? Surely after the 6pts we gifted them this season that will do them!

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Bristol Rovers id think for him.

We’d be a sideways move.

Well he has just moved sideways into our great Club, which will now start climbing the league and go places.  Hopefully 🤣

6 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Fair enough maybe its him then so when his he being announced as Vale manager then and why leave a club who beat us twice ? .

Are Vale a bigger club than Walsall ?

In my opinion they are (potentially).

Let's see then 

UTV 

Vale 9 seasons , spells of 3 and 6 years in the 2nd tier since 88,  Walsall  2 seasons, 2 relegations.  

Advert:

Darrell Clarke got some good coaching qualifications and his win ratio as a manager. He's young and hungry. I think a shrewd move by the Vale. One thing is certain now though we can prioritize our league league status by winning some games we needed a manager in place to do that. Hope now as supporters we get behind Darrel, David and Carol and help our players drive forwards . Good appointment in my book.

• Like 3

Bigger club, no longer has to shout instructions on match day under the roar of a grim M6 overpass. Good move for the bloke. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Walsall fans happy he's gone. I assume compensation has been agreed.

Atleast it can all be put to bed now.

They might well be BUT 2 promotions in his first job at Salisbury and then 2 promotions at Bristol leaving them in 10th in league one(not getting sacked) then getting walsall to 12th and would probably have been better this season,over 400 games as manager and still only 43 shows he knows his stuff to me,also has a record of developing young players

We always say why cant Vale get a manager currently in a job and doing ok,well now we have and given him a 3.5yr deal... so lets hope we get the Salisbury/Bristol Clarke 🙂  I am happy with this one and its exciting to think he is working alongside Flitcroft,something different.

• Like 1

Advert:

Crikey, this has come from left field, signing a manager of an existing club but he looks like an impressive appointment. He has a win ratio of just over 40% in League football and before that a terrific record with Salisbury City who he took from nowhere to the Conference. He also took Bristol out of the Conference back into the football league, not that I think now we will need his experience in doing that!

So, welcome to Vale Park, Darrell, we look forward to seeing you bring us long awaited success

And, yet again, thanks to our terrific owners for their continued investment and commitment to the Vale.

Think now we will really be going places with Flitters and Clarke!

• Like 4