Time for the club to make a statement !

With all the discontent with the clubs fans and the alarming situation of the teams performances it’s about time Carole issued a statement as to the managers situation and what her plans are for the future of our football club.

She has received 100% backing from the Vale fans and we deserve better than the silence since the team has plummeted down the league and also got knocked out of the FA cup by a none league side in recent months as relegation is now looking a probability.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally I don't really want to know the backroom stuff. It's not my decision to make, I didn't throw millions into buying the business. If the results are good im happy, if they are bad i

I’m not concerned about the silence, they know what they’re doing.

I honestly think you don’t have the emotional capacity to follow a football club if this is where you have gone due to a bad run of results... to go this nasty and vindictive. Seriously, get help

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Gareths54 said:

With all the discontent with the clubs fans and the alarming situation of the teams performances it’s about time Carole issued a statement as to the managers situation and what her plans are for the future of our football club.

She has received 100% backing from the Vale fans and we deserve better than the silence since the team has plummeted down the league and also got knocked out of the FA cup by a none league side in recent months as relegation is now looking a probability.

Totally agree know one is having a go at carol she has been amazing but she needs to come out and let supporters know what’s happening in the club the silence is a throw back to Pratt and co days 

Maybe they learned from fattys 400k to spend in January statement the other year. The last time she spoke about not being 8th so why would we believe anything she says now even though true to her word we are not 8th. For me personally I don't think a statement is needed its sack him or back him simple as that

I don’t think any club should be issuing statements when they’re on a bad run. It’s just undermining the manager even more and as previously mentioned on another thread it’s the dreaded vote of confidence. By making statements they’re just opening themselves up for even more criticism from fans. Best to keep their mouths shut and get on with it. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Personally I don't really want to know the backroom stuff.

It's not my decision to make, I didn't throw millions into buying the business.

If the results are good im happy, if they are bad im disappointed, if the results are bad but the performance is good im satisfied.

Let's be practical..... which fans should she listen to? The ones who thought bill Brett saved the club or the ones who thought Smurf was the best thing since sliced bread?

The owners should deal with it as they see fit, they have done a good job with the club so far, all positive from what I can see..... they don't have much control over the results.

• Like 8

Advert:

Seems to me that the Vale are following the Crewe way of saying nowt, and in my opinion it's probably the best way at the moment because whatever they say it will be ripped apart and cause more rumour and innuendo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One thing bugging me at the mo is all these rumors about Sinclair interfering and causing problems, and being a bell end. Also talk of him bringing the likes of Robinson and Mckirdy in.
Clearly something has gone wrong since last Season and our shocking form has coincided with Sinclairs arrival. Is that coincidence, who knows. However these rumors start somewhere. Is it coming from Players.
So whether a statement is needed I'm not sure, but perhaps Carol needs to clarify what's happening between Askey and Sinclair as Frank has clearly been involved with the first team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

Again, it reads as if people are doing all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify what has been poor management and recruitment. In the last few weeks, I've read on here:

- McKirdy causing problems, squaring up to the manager

- Sinclair power grab

- Experienced pros falling out 

- Some training exercises criticised by new signings

- Askey didn't sign Robinson and Sinclair 

- Clark has been training poorly/banned from driving

It's just far-fetched rumour after far-fetched rumour.

Can we not apply Occam's Razor and instead of assuming there's some form of circus going on at Vale Park, look towards the altogether more likely scenario that Askey isn't doing a great job of winning football games? Probably a consequence of another litany of subpar signings compounded by now-predictable tactics and ageing/regression of key players?

Is a statement needed? Not really. It'll be read as the cliched 'vote of confidence', and the club are seemingly insistent on riding this storm out and not publicly acknowledging things are below par. As I've said, I'm a bit concerned about possible 'groupthink' in there, but it's not my club. Carol's steadfastness is certainly admirable and demonstrates she is more than happy to go against the grain.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The clubs continued silence is, in my opinion, extremely worrying, particularly now.

If the owners believe that Askey is the right man to take us forward, tell us and tell us why he is. If I was Askey, I’d be worried if the club won’t publicly back their own manager through a bad patch.

If Askey isn’t the right man, the time to pull the trigger is now, after taking 5 points from a possible 30 and conceding 20+ goals in 10 games.

Yet the club continue to stay silent on all footballing matters.

Communication from the club has been poor at best this season, and what’s more concerning is that we bought a Director of Commercial and Communications to improve this. It would be lovely to hear from Martin Tideswell to enlighten us on what he has done to improve this.

I see an awful lot of “Carol saved us”, “wonderful community work”, “proud to be Vale”, but little else. All of these things are extremely admirable, but when the product on the pitch clearly isn’t right, and has coincided with the appointment of Frank Sinclair, it would interesting to see what if he was Carols call or John’s? I have my own opinion on this, and I believe firmly that it wasn’t Askey.

Having also seen the amount of people from within the club that have moved on, it feels like there is a mini revolution going on behind the scenes at VP and the managers resignation, as we clearly don’t want to pay him off, will be the final piece of the puzzle.

Do I think Askey should go? 100% yes.
Do I think others have influenced our downfall from within? Definitely.
Do I think we’re in a bad place from a football point of view? Worse than I originally thought.

TIME TO COME OUT AND SAY SOMETHING ANYBODY FROM PORT VALE FOOTBALL CLUB!!! What is going on????

The social media sites blocking fans is a very much Smurf/mode 2001 move.

I'm grateful and always will be for Carol saving the club and everything she and the team have done behind the scenes but the silence from the club is alarming. 

Social media side has massively dropped since max left as well 

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Bradwell Exile said:

The clubs continued silence is, in my opinion, extremely worrying, particularly now.

If the owners believe that Askey is the right man to take us forward, tell us and tell us why he is. If I was Askey, I’d be worried if the club won’t publicly back their own manager through a bad patch.

If Askey isn’t the right man, the time to pull the trigger is now, after taking 5 points from a possible 30 and conceding 20+ goals in 10 games.

Yet the club continue to stay silent on all footballing matters.

Communication from the club has been poor at best this season, and what’s more concerning is that we bought a Director of Commercial and Communications to improve this. It would be lovely to hear from Martin Tideswell to enlighten us on what he has done to improve this.

I see an awful lot of “Carol saved us”, “wonderful community work”, “proud to be Vale”, but little else. All of these things are extremely admirable, but when the product on the pitch clearly isn’t right, and has coincided with the appointment of Frank Sinclair, it would interesting to see what if he was Carols call or John’s? I have my own opinion on this, and I believe firmly that it wasn’t Askey.

Having also seen the amount of people from within the club that have moved on, it feels like there is a mini revolution going on behind the scenes at VP and the managers resignation, as we clearly don’t want to pay him off, will be the final piece of the puzzle.

Do I think Askey should go? 100% yes.
Do I think others have influenced our downfall from within? Definitely.
Do I think we’re in a bad place from a football point of view? Worse than I originally thought.

TIME TO COME OUT AND SAY SOMETHING ANYBODY FROM PORT VALE FOOTBALL CLUB!!! What is going on????

I disagree with a great deal of this.

I want Askey to be removed to, but you assert some fairly incorrect things without evidence. I am no insider, but you are boldly claiming Sinclair is undermining Askey and was placed in situ by Carol. The fantasy of a 'mini revolution' is, again, not grounded in reality.

I think your comments regarding 'Carol saved us but what else' are very disparaging/patronising towards the exceptional work the lady has done since she took over, including last season where we had an excellent cup run and probably would have finished top 7. Things have gone wrong, but that doesn't obliterate what came for.

Again, if you have any evidence for your groundless accusations of backstabbing, Carol doing 'little else', or that there is a mini revolution with Carol unable to pay Askey off, then I'll retract this.

I disagree with Carol's approach to this situation but I have no doubt that her decision-making is influenced by her doing what she believes is best for Port Vale. I think she's mistaken, but she's a multi-millionaire successful businesswoman who, up until October, had rarely put a foot wrong since her arrival.

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Genuine question. How many other club owners make public statements in circumstances like this? I don't recall ever seeing an example?

The only ones who would do so were Big Norm and his ilk. The loudmouths who love the circus. That conman at Bury springs to mind.

Carol is better off keeping quiet. If she comes out and does as people are begging for on here (explain why she hasn't sacked him), they'll criticise her for doing the wrong thing.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2