onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time for the club to make a statement !

Gareths54

Advert

2 minutes ago, Bradwell Exile said:

The clubs continued silence is, in my opinion, extremely worrying, particularly now.

If the owners believe that Askey is the right man to take us forward, tell us and tell us why he is. If I was Askey, I’d be worried if the club won’t publicly back their own manager through a bad patch.

If Askey isn’t the right man, the time to pull the trigger is now, after taking 5 points from a possible 30 and conceding 20+ goals in 10 games.

Yet the club continue to stay silent on all footballing matters.

Communication from the club has been poor at best this season, and what’s more concerning is that we bought a Director of Commercial and Communications to improve this. It would be lovely to hear from Martin Tideswell to enlighten us on what he has done to improve this.

I see an awful lot of “Carol saved us”, “wonderful community work”, “proud to be Vale”, but little else. All of these things are extremely admirable, but when the product on the pitch clearly isn’t right, and has coincided with the appointment of Frank Sinclair, it would interesting to see what if he was Carols call or John’s? I have my own opinion on this, and I believe firmly that it wasn’t Askey.

Having also seen the amount of people from within the club that have moved on, it feels like there is a mini revolution going on behind the scenes at VP and the managers resignation, as we clearly don’t want to pay him off, will be the final piece of the puzzle.

Do I think Askey should go? 100% yes.
Do I think others have influenced our downfall from within? Definitely.
Do I think we’re in a bad place from a football point of view? Worse than I originally thought.

TIME TO COME OUT AND SAY SOMETHING ANYBODY FROM PORT VALE FOOTBALL CLUB!!! What is going on????

I disagree with a great deal of this.

I want Askey to be removed to, but you assert some fairly incorrect things without evidence. I am no insider, but you are boldly claiming Sinclair is undermining Askey and was placed in situ by Carol. The fantasy of a 'mini revolution' is, again, not grounded in reality.

I think your comments regarding 'Carol saved us but what else' are very disparaging/patronising towards the exceptional work the lady has done since she took over, including last season where we had an excellent cup run and probably would have finished top 7. Things have gone wrong, but that doesn't obliterate what came for.

Again, if you have any evidence for your groundless accusations of backstabbing, Carol doing 'little else', or that there is a mini revolution with Carol unable to pay Askey off, then I'll retract this.

I disagree with Carol's approach to this situation but I have no doubt that her decision-making is influenced by her doing what she believes is best for Port Vale. I think she's mistaken, but she's a multi-millionaire successful businesswoman who, up until October, had rarely put a foot wrong since her arrival.

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Genuine question. How many other club owners make public statements in circumstances like this? I don't recall ever seeing an example?

The only ones who would do so were Big Norm and his ilk. The loudmouths who love the circus. That conman at Bury springs to mind.

Carol is better off keeping quiet. If she comes out and does as people are begging for on here (explain why she hasn't sacked him), they'll criticise her for doing the wrong thing.

Just now, boslemportvale91 said:

The social media sites blocking fans is a very much Smurf/mode 2001 move. 

What's this? Only thing I'm aware of is Tideswell personally having quite a lot of people blocked, which I am not a fan of. Some of it is for the flimsiest of reasons, quite pathetic really. He comes across as extremely thin skinned and hates being questioned. 

https://twitter.com/search?q=tideswell blocked&src=typed_query

I'm not aware of official club accounts blocking people though?

3 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

The social media sites blocking fans is a very much Smurf/mode 2001 move.

I'm grateful and always will be for Carol saving the club and everything she and the team have done behind the scenes but the silence from the club is alarming. 

Social media side has massively dropped since max left as well 

In fairness, I should have made clear it was just one fan.

It'll be Tideswell, who I believe has access to the Twitter account and would block people en masse from the Sentinel account if they had a difference of opinion.

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

What's this? Only thing I'm aware of is Tideswell personally having quite a lot of people blocked, which I am not a fan of. Some of it is for the flimsiest of reasons, quite pathetic really. He comes across as extremely thin skinned and hates being questioned. 

https://twitter.com/search?q=tideswell blocked&src=typed_query

I'm not aware of official club accounts blocking people though?

It won't be O'Sullivan, it'll be Tideswell.

Genuine question. How many other club owners make public statements in circumstances like this? I don't recall ever seeing an example?

I can remember past instances where clubs have backed their managers, however given it is unusual to do so. I genuinely feel it’s needed now as we have a number of internal issues that seem to have leaked out to supporters, and it’s seems that we don’t ever react to anything negative. I would say though, without being too critical, the owners jump on anything remotely positive (as they should to promote Port Vale) but when the proverbial hits the fan, it’s bunker and tin hat time. Maybe it’s my own observations and reservations, but I think the time to act is now. Do something, not nothing.

Can we as a fanbase not want a manager to be removed without this absolute meltdown going on?

I want Askey gone. I'm not going to embarrass myself by spreading weird rumours and kicking off on Twitter, demanding Carol justify her decision-making to me.

We're either riding high or in absolute f****** shambles. Things aren't good, but I don't think Askey is going anywhere and no amount of temper tantrums demanding statements is going to achieve anything.

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Can we as a fanbase not want a manager to be removed without this absolute meltdown going on?

I want Askey gone. I'm not going to embarrass myself by spreading weird rumours and kicking off on Twitter, demanding Carol justify her decision-making to me.

We're either riding high or in absolute f****** shambles. Things aren't good, but I don't think Askey is going anywhere and no amount of temper tantrums demanding statements is going to achieve anything.

I'm not criticising Carol in any of this, but if/when we lose Tuesday at some point the board are gonna have to say something surely? Fans will continue to get wound up and voice their opinion and rumours/finger pointing will only increase. 

Perhaps a meeting via zoom or Skype with the vale supporters club after the new year is possible? That way vale fans can get their opinion voiced in a proper manner 

I disagree with a great deal of this.
I want Askey to be removed to, but you assert some fairly incorrect things without evidence. I am no insider, but you are boldly claiming Sinclair is undermining Askey and was placed in situ by Carol. The fantasy of a 'mini revolution' is, again, not grounded in reality.
I think your comments regarding 'Carol saved us but what else' are very disparaging/patronising towards the exceptional work the lady has done since she took over, including last season where we had an excellent cup run and probably would have finished top 7. Things have gone wrong, but that doesn't obliterate what came for.
Again, if you have any evidence for your groundless accusations of backstabbing, Carol doing 'little else', or that there is a mini revolution with Carol unable to pay Askey off, then I'll retract this.
I disagree with Carol's approach to this situation but I have no doubt that her decision-making is influenced by her doing what she believes is best for Port Vale. I think she's mistaken, but she's a multi-millionaire successful businesswoman who, up until October, had rarely put a foot wrong since her arrival.

Thanks for the comments Joe, allow me to respond.

I don’t think I’ve asserted anything without evidence, I’m literally calling things as I interpret them and it’s absolutely your place to take a different position.

I think the world and his wife have heard the rumours that there’s a rift between Askey and Sinclair, and to me if that is the case, it’s extremely worrying. As I said, it’s rumour and the nosey bugger in me would love to know who it was who brought Sinclair in. My opinion is that there has been a significant decline in fortunes on the field since Sinclair came in.

The comments regarding Carol were not disparaging, and if that how they came across then I must add it certainly wasn’t my intention. My main point on this, is that this is all of the communication that we get out of the football club. We get very little regarding the first team, youth teams, ladies team, commercial department, I could go on and on. Martin Tideswell was brought in to address this and I don’t know how/if he’s improved things? My opinion is that he hasn’t up to now.

The list of staff employed by the football club, listed on the clubs website tells me that theres been major changes behind the scenes. That’s not unsubstantiated rumour, that’s a stone cold fact. A lot of these could well be for the better for club and people involved. It does tell me though, again in my opinion, a mini revolution is happening, and time will tell if the owners vision comes to fruition.

I could be wrong, I hope I’m wrong, on a lot of these things, I’m just voicing my opinion on this forum, and have stated each time that it’s my opinion, and I believe that a few other share some of that. Others take your stance Joe, and that’s fine. Good to have the debate without getting defensive and offensive, and that’s what I want to bring up. I have an opinion, some may agree, some may disagree like yourself. Football creates debate.

Archived