January transfer window

Advert:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

Growing word Legge is on his way. Not involved today.

It's all the dreaded 'rumours and heresy' but would explain our desire to bring a centre half in.

22 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Crewe’s academy has been built up over years and years with a lot more investment than we’ve put into ours. They have been able to afford it initially with the money they used to generate from player sales. I heard from a Crewe supporting work colleague that even they were questioning the costs involved recently, but they wanted to stay with it at it as that was their “business model” so to speak. 

I suppose the point is, they have a club ethos. And so they don’t have to change it every time they appoint a new manager. The manager fits with the clubs plan. The one thing I felt the smurf regime got right early doors was the development squad. I wonder how we would be if we’d kept that going, especially in the current climate. 

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Growing word Legge is on his way. Not involved today.

It's all the dreaded 'rumours and heresy' but would explain our desire to bring a centre half in.

Spend the money on Derek Adams 🙂 

• Like 2

If Legge is going to Oldham, I'd snap their hand off for a swap with David Wheater who hasn't been getting a game for them. England youth caps, huge experience higher up and frozen out due to a contract clause

Advert:

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

How can they sign them without breaking the rules?

I don`t know  but what are the risks at the end of the season?   Fines, which presumably they treat as a tax, or  a points deduction which could hold back a promotion.

11 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I don`t know  but what are the risks at the end of the season?   Fines, which presumably they treat as a tax, or  a points deduction which could hold back a promotion.

I thought it was a transfer ban or something like that.

Advert:

Just now, Jacko51 said:

Is that the Zak Jules we had on loan that everyone said was crap??

He was crap. Revitalised it would seem and played well on Saturday.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1