Jump to content

Match Thread : Port Vale v Harrogate Town


Recommended Posts

We have one of the best centre half pairings in the league, there’s no chance of Smith being moved from a centre half unless absolutely necessary. Of course there’s no guarantee we’ll keep a clean sheet every week because teams will always get a chance in any game. But If anything I’d be putting Gibbo in for Mills if he’s fit. I just think that Gibbo offers more going forward and defensively.  But I’d have no complaints if they kept the same side for the Harrogate game. 

Ignore the the post you’ve quoted he has a personal issue with Smith over Smith being a stoke fan as a youngster.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some absolute tripe posted in here today. Apparently Worrall doesn’t have the pace to play in this system, even though he was player of the year in it last season.    Obviously was a poor game,

What are crewe riding? A fart bubble?

Carls a genius. He says we need to look at playing better than we have today. Amazed JA hasn't called him up for a coaching role.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Just noticed that the FA Trophy final is this Sunday... Harrogate play the semi tomorrow so if they win that would then assume our game is off?

The FA Trophy Final is no longer on Sunday 27th - BBC link

Harrogate do play the semi-final at Notts County tomorrow night (Tuesday) though, so hopefully they'll have a tough game before facing us on Saturday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Just noticed that the FA Trophy final is this Sunday... Harrogate play the semi tomorrow so if they win that would then assume our game is off?

Cheers for that information. They have Notts County away in a one off tie, as you rightly say they play at Wembley on Sunday if they win.

 

 

Just seen that Kalamazoo Kid has posted at the same time, so looks like won't affect us now

Edited by darren1810
addition to post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Cheers for that information. They have Notts County away in a one off tie, as you rightly say they play at Wembley on Sunday if they win.

Find that pretty staggering to be fair.

That final has been postponed with no new date yet decided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doha said:

VFIDG, formerly VFIA, is my favourite ovf nutter of all time. 

Hi Doha

As the site ifollow expert any tips for a trouble free Saturday? I have my season ticket code and have entered it on the official club site, as a few posters have suggested. I watch via my company laptop. I was expecting to get forwarded to a count down to kick off page. I have this on my mobile. Instead it simply states I have access to the match

image.thumb.png.473c90af4e705d1219a330764e1a137b.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ethan and archies dad said:

Hi Doha

As the site ifollow expert any tips for a trouble free Saturday? I have my season ticket code and have entered it on the official club site, as a few posters have suggested. I watch via my company laptop. I was expecting to get forwarded to a count down to kick off page. I have this on my mobile. Instead it simply states I have access to the match

image.thumb.png.473c90af4e705d1219a330764e1a137b.png

 

 

Was it the code you got emailed today?

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2020/september/ifollow-codes-harrogate/

Quote

Season Ticket holders should immediately test the code sent to them with the iFollow system – ON THE DEVICE THEY INTEND TO USE FOR WATCHING THE MATCH.

 

There isn't really a count down of sorts. I've just bought the game as well to test it and trying to access the stream will just bring up this page where it confirms the stream won't go live until 2pm.

 

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/202021/september/port-vale-vs-harrogate-town-on-26-sep-20/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Doha said:

 

Was it the code you got emailed today?

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2020/september/ifollow-codes-harrogate/

 

There isn't really a count down of sorts. I've just bought the game as well to test it and trying to access the stream will just bring up this page where it confirms the stream won't go live until 2pm.

 

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/202021/september/port-vale-vs-harrogate-town-on-26-sep-20/

 

 

yes it the code I received today but I dont get the link you posted. I have now clicked that and look set up for saturday. Many thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think he’ll go with the same team if everyone is fit. 
 

Brown

Mills  Legge  Smith  Fitz

Manny  Joyce  Conlon

Worrall  Cullen  Rodney 

For me, that is our strongest combination in midfield and should play every week barring injuries and loss of form.

I’d like to see Gibbo and Monty come back in when the time is right, especially at home, to give us that extra attacking threat.

Will be interesting when Amoo and McKirdy are fully fit. If Rodney has come to Vale to play through the middle, then that adds to the dilemma. Maybe away from home there is a case to move Rodney into the middle and bring in Amoo, which will give us plenty of pace as outlets. 

Trying not to get too overexcited, as it’s very early days. However, I think a good start was paramount to a promotion push, and we are well on our way to doing that. Look forward to Saturday. UTV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Think he’ll go with the same team if everyone is fit. 
 

Brown

Mills  Legge  Smith  Fitz

Manny  Joyce  Conlon

Worrall  Cullen  Rodney 

For me, that is our strongest combination in midfield and should play every week barring injuries and loss of form.

I’d like to see Gibbo and Monty come back in when the time is right, especially at home, to give us that extra attacking threat.

Will be interesting when Amoo and McKirdy are fully fit. If Rodney has come to Vale to play through the middle, then that adds to the dilemma. Maybe away from home there is a case to move Rodney into the middle and bring in Amoo, which will give us plenty of pace as outlets. 

Trying not to get too overexcited, as it’s very early days. However, I think a good start was paramount to a promotion push, and we are well on our way to doing that. Look forward to Saturday. UTV. 

I’m getting excited, this is the best Vale SQUAD for several years.

That said, I do agree with VFIA about how, for however well we played on Saturday, if they hadn’t squandered 3 gilt-edged chances peoples (including me) perceptions might have been slightly different.

So I’d say we’re not exactly watertight at the back (for Seymours chances both crosses came in way too easily and he was unmarked both times) and need to try and manage the close of games better.

And yes, I know we won with a clean sheet and Exeter are one of the better teams we’ll face.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do feel that with Leon/Nathan on the pitch and a few others we do benefit from the vocal communication that they have. The flicked header on Saturday, just wide was an example. The Exeter player got between them both, they just touched hands and there was no argument on fault. This is the benefit of having a squad that gels. Harrogate will also be in this mold, nothing to lose and playing for a football league/career future. It will be a good game I hope, 4-3 for the Vale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Think he’ll go with the same team if everyone is fit. 
 

Brown

Mills  Legge  Smith  Fitz

Manny  Joyce  Conlon

Worrall  Cullen  Rodney 

For me, that is our strongest combination in midfield and should play every week barring injuries and loss of form.

I’d like to see Gibbo and Monty come back in when the time is right, especially at home, to give us that extra attacking threat.

Will be interesting when Amoo and McKirdy are fully fit. If Rodney has come to Vale to play through the middle, then that adds to the dilemma. Maybe away from home there is a case to move Rodney into the middle and bring in Amoo, which will give us plenty of pace as outlets. 

Trying not to get too overexcited, as it’s very early days. However, I think a good start was paramount to a promotion push, and we are well on our way to doing that. Look forward to Saturday. UTV. 

 

Feel free to get excited. We have one of the best squads in the league, a manager that knows what he's doing and we should only get better from here on in as the new players settle and improve. Obviously you can never take anything for granted, but there's no reason not to be incredibly optimistic about our chances this season.

Edited by TylerB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ginginator said:

I do feel that with Leon/Nathan on the pitch and a few others we do benefit from the vocal communication that they have. The flicked header on Saturday, just wide was an example. The Exeter player got between them both, they just touched hands and there was no argument on fault. This is the benefit of having a squad that gels. Harrogate will also be in this mold, nothing to lose and playing for a football league/career future. It will be a good game I hope, 4-3 for the Vale. 

How do you suddenly go to having us concede 3 goals after two clean sheets in the league?! We're playing Harrogate, not Barca. 😆

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TylerB said:

How do you suddenly go to having us concede 3 goals after two clean sheets in the league?! We're playing Harrogate, not Barca. 😆

Well MrB I was just studying the scores in all leagues, lots of goals. Plus Vale have not had a 4-3 for a while so I plumped for that, I think it will be an open game and if Leeds can score 3 @ Anfield then who knows 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Irrespective of who plays in defence or in goal we just need to ride our luck and hope the opposition don’t find the back of the net (like exeter couldn’t at the weekend). We’ve already conceded at Scunthorpe and fleetwood where we were punished so teams will always get a chance in the game,  Harrogate will no doubt create something on Saturday, but I’m confident we’ll have too much for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Please don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy