Match Thread : Port Vale v Harrogate Town

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some absolute tripe posted in here today. Apparently Worrall doesn’t have the pace to play in this system, even though he was player of the year in it last season.    Obviously was a poor game,

What are crewe riding? A fart bubble?

Carls a genius. He says we need to look at playing better than we have today. Amazed JA hasn't called him up for a coaching role.

Posted Images

Mills more than anyone has lumped the ball forward far too much. Cullen is neither particularly strong or pacey so the ball needs to be at his feet. I'd replace him with McKirdy and get Rodney down the middle asap in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Good God.....what am I watching? An awful game with us trying to play like them. We need to get it down and pass it not lump it up to a stranded Cullen. Frustrating half of football.....is it windy in Boslem?

Getting bullied about, need to get it down and play quicker to each other rather than lumping it.

• Like 2

It's a disappointing game, although quite windy today which can make things tough at Vale Park.

We're being dragged into a long ball game and with no target man it's not been effective at all. 

Let's hope the manager can gee them up and think hard about how we need to play in the second half.

Somehow we need to get the ball down and try and play it on the deck but it's easier said than done in these conditions when your opponents are harrying and pressing you.

Physically they are winning more than us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Where’s the over reaction? People are commenting on the game...

really poor so far. Not turned up. 

Some are making it sound like we've been battered. Brown has had one save to make. We've generally dealt fine with their long balls and set-pieces. It was a tight half as it was always going to be a tight game. Clearly some are/were expecting us to win 3-0 and not give them a kick.

• Like 1

Just now, darren1810 said:

No over reacting by anyone.

Play our football not hoofball , we are playing into their hands 

I really fancied us strongly but they have played it to perfection. 

Sometimes you have to credit the opposition for not allowing you to play your game. Simple as that. Let's see if Harrogate can do it for all the 90 minutes...

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Some are making it sound like we've been battered. Brown has had one save to make. We've generally dealt fine with their long balls and set-pieces. It was a tight half as it was always going to be a tight game. Clearly some are/were expecting us to win 3-0 and not give them a kick.

There’s been no over reaction. Some on here seem to think as soon as Someone mentions a negative we’re tearing the side apart!! 

It’s been a <ovf censored> first half. I was expecting a comfortable win against these. Maybe not 3-0 but comfortable. I was certainly not expecting us to just hoof it up to one of the smallest players on the pitch. Mad. 

Need to change it second half 

• Like 2

Physical, competitive battle, Vale have done well to match Harrogate physically. Some cynical challenges put in by Harrogate but then the next second they're rolling around as though poleaxed.

Tough to play against this style of play but hopefully they'll tire. Crying for a ball over the top to Rodney or Worrall.

• Like 1

Just now, valiant_593 said:

There’s been no over reaction. Some on here seem to think as soon as Someone mentions a negative we’re tearing the side apart!! 

It’s been a <ovf censored> first half. I was expecting a comfortable win against these. Maybe not 3-0 but comfortable. I was certainly not expecting us to just hoof it up to one of the smallest players on the pitch. Mad. 

Need to change it second half 

Zak Mills has been responsible for more than half of those punts up field. We had 55% possession and one more shot on goal than they did. It was an average half between two good sides, in what was always going to be a difficult game.