Match Thread : Port Vale v Harrogate Town

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some absolute tripe posted in here today. Apparently Worrall doesn’t have the pace to play in this system, even though he was player of the year in it last season.    Obviously was a poor game,

What are crewe riding? A fart bubble?

Carls a genius. He says we need to look at playing better than we have today. Amazed JA hasn't called him up for a coaching role.

Posted Images

I think this will be a nice, comfortable home win. Yes Harrogate are solid, but they are not Exeter and we are at home.

3-1 Vale. I think we will dominate, and they will get a consolation while cruising in the 2nd half. Not easy for motivation without fans . 

4 hours ago, valesince83 said:

Interesting read on the vale play

Having given this a careful read, I think we can expect to see Harrogate play around Joyce in front of our back four. As they play two up front, leaving Leggey and Smudge with their hands full, our full backs might be tempted to move in-field in support, which would leave our flanks exposed, where Harrogate launch most of their attacks. 

The downside for them though is that if their midfield plays too much up front and their full backs attack they are going to leave themselves exposed to counterattack - one of our strengths. A lot is going to depend therefore on our front three, particularly Wozza and Rodney.

Prepare for a cracker.

Quite surprised at the caution, negative vibes.

Just for a reality check we are at home to Harrogate Town.

We have every right to expect to win this game. 

Southend are a car crash but still have to be beaten, decent point against Walsall. 

However let's let them think about us . Why are we so nervous and anxious.

Come on Vale smash them 

29 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Quite surprised at the caution, negative vibes.

Just for a reality check we are at home to Harrogate Town.

We have every right to expect to win this game. 

Southend are a car crash but still have to be beaten, decent point against Walsall. 

However let's let them think about us . Why are we so nervous and anxious.

Come on Vale smash them 

No team has the right to win a game. I think we have the players to win it but we will have to be on top of our game. Promoted clubs rarely struggle in this league and quite a view go straight through to league 1. I don't think there will be many easy games this season. Outside Southend and Morecombe most sides have a decent first 11.

5 minutes ago, JRC said:

No team has the right to win a game. I think we have the players to win it but we will have to be on top of our game. Promoted clubs rarely struggle in this league and quite a view go straight through to league 1. I don't think there will be many easy games this season. Outside Southend and Morecombe most sides have a decent first 11.

I didn't say we had a right to win it.

You have to earn the right.

So you are saying Stevenage and Barrow have good starting X1 then too ? 

3-0 Vale 

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I didn't say we had a right to win it.

You have to earn the right.

So you are saying Stevenage and Barrow have good starting X1 then too ? 

3-0 Vale 

Barrow have had some decent results so far. Certainly don't think they are a nailed on 3 0.

Harrogate are exactly what we knew they would be. Big, physical and organised. Need to think about putting Rodney through the middle, with McKirdy coming on to add a bit of creativity. We're definitely a better footballing side than they are when the ball is on the deck, but they are a well drilled side and effective at what they do.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Harrogate have started at a pace by the sounds of it.  

Come on Vale, a goal may stop their pressure.  

Wouldn't exactly call lumping the ball forward at every opportunity as pressure. There game plan has been better than ours so far but they've hardly created a chance of note, the same as us.

There was only ever going to be a goal difference in this game. If we up our game by 10% in the second half going forward we'll take the points.

Edited by TylerB

Awful first half. Getting absolutely bullied 

The attempted long balls to Cullen is frustrating, it never works but they continue to do them. We desperately need someone to spark some creativity,  the midfield really need to step up in the second half.

This is a game where we need Pope playing.

• Like 1

Terrible half and terrible game. Outmuscled, second to the ball, can't pass and seem to have no answer to their pressing. Only Legge and Brown, for me, have come out with any credit. Lucky to go in at 0-0.

We are missing our better players - Gibbo, Amoo and Pope.

Just hoping we play better second half - surely it can't be as bad.

As for them - just like the old Wimbledon

• Like 1