Match Thread: FLC R1 Scunthorpe U v Port Vale

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can imagine Stoke fans streaming the game at home, smashing up their own bathrooms.

Here's to you Theo Robinson Vale love you more than you will know Whoa, whoa, whoa

Posted Images

I've got Radio Humberside commentary on with iFollow....sssh, don't ask.....Jesus, come back Radio Stokeall is forgiven. I've never heard such one eyed karp in all my days......"Smith...the weaker of the centre halves(???)"....Conlon...."looks a bit of a whinger"....."no threat from Vale for all their experience"....."goal totally against the run of play Vale don't deserve it'.....unbelievable rubbish....just one eyed!

• Like 2

It wasn't really a knockdown. Rodney has headed it straight at Cullen after both went for the ball, it's bounced off him then rolled off the leg of a poor Scunthorpe clearance straight to Mills for a relatively free shot. Fortunate really but that's all you need. 

oYKoPzR.png

He hasn't looked brilliant stuck out left.

I also have to say Fitzsimmons looks like he's <ovf censored> himself.

Good games so far for the rest though, particularly Conlon. 

The scunny commentary seem to think we have been the poorer side, but we took the goal well.  Don't really mind if we are the poorer side, as long as we win.

Some good play by Vale and hopefully they will up the shots on goal tally.  

Come on Vale a couple more goals will be good against a bogey scunny side.

I was going to say we'd started more or less where we'd left off last season.

Very similar shape and pattern, we look solid enough, nice and tidy but maybe maybe don't quite create enough clearcut chances and we needed something to drop for us in the box like it did

We can be a bit too wedded to our pattern at at times (someone once used the word 'mechanical' to describe us and I wouldn't disagree). There are occasions when we're crying out for a bit of off-the-cuff individual flair some somewhere just to open things up and do something unpredictable.

But yeah, you can't grumble too much.

• Like 1

Crikey, behind on the play I reckon but we go in one up thanks to a great cross by Wozza, knock down by Rodney and Mills to finish. Besides that though we haven't created much and their inexperience has shown with their inability to get anyone behind the Vale's defence though we do have to thank Brown for two great saves.

Second half we have got to get a grip on midfield, prevent them from passing over our defence or shooting from distance, which was one of our failings last season, and get better service to Cullen. My feeling is they will fold at the back if we can get enough ball forward as they have two massive L2 type centre halves who've looked nervous under pressure. We have a real advantage of pace up front and a second would probably be enough to win it.

Got to be pleased with that at half time!