onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLC R1 Scunthorpe U v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Not sure what the protocol is on this? In theory if the player has been close to the main squad then they’d have to all isolate I assume for 2 weeks? The rest testing negative could mean they are in the early stages of the virus still so who knows.

Guess this is the new normal we have to get used to.

This article appeared on the Scunthorpe forum 9 hrs ago.

I can't find any other reference to it on any reputable news platforms.

The Vales team coach will be leaving shortly, so if this was going to affect this afternoons match I am sure we would of heard by now.

21 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Pope is suspended for 6 league and cup games, so won't be available for selection for this one. I'm positive he can play against Tranmere in the EFL Trophy though, as that competition has its own set of suspension rules, I believe?

I think Askey's hand will be forced in regards to certain positions given the current injuries and those returning not wanting to be risked with the league opener next week in mind.

I'd expect Visser to start in goal. The Smith and Legge partnership picks itself. Mills starts as Gibbo is still a few weeks away. Fitzpatrick will too with Monty not being fully recovered.

Joyce and Conlon are definite starters for me in midfield. Then it's a toss up between Burgess and Whitehead for that third midfield place.

Worrall and Amoo will, I'm sure, be the starting wide men. As for the central striker, it's a toss up between Robinson or Rodney for me with Cullen not being fully fit yet and Pope's suspension.

Bench should provide some decent options though with the likes of the midfielder and striker who doesn't start out of the four listed above plus any of Brisley, Crookes, Hurst and Trickett-Smith all ready to contribute if called upon. Things will hopefully look better in terms of the personnel available for the Crawley game when those absent are back in contention.

As for Scunthorpe, their squad is decimated with injury. 5 first team players who would definitely start if fit, are currently sidelined, including, thankfully, Kevin Van Veen. They've also recruited a lot of untested youngsters and loan players so somewhat weakened I'd say. I'd hazard a guess that Ryan Loft will lead the line for them given their lack of options. Definitely the best opportunity we'll get of finally ending that Glanford Park (currently the Sands Venue Stadium for sponsorship reasons) hoodoo, as our record there isn't pretty reading.

Looking forward to it. Come on boys. Do us proud.

Agree with that.

I still get palpitations when I recall us losing our unbeaten record there in 69-70!

Archived