Walka003

January transfer window

1 hour ago, Alchemist said:

Where’s the promised reinvestment in the squad? Are we spending it on new seats for a charity concert? If Norman had done this everybody would be after his head. Nothing changes 

Bore off you plank. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This transfer window couldn’t have gone any better in my opinion. We haven’t lost anybody who is significant, but we have managed to re-sign Clark and Taylor. Two players who add healthy competition to an already competitive squad. Anybody who is disappointed by this transfer window needs their head wobbling. Don’t get me wrong, I would have loved another forward, but at the same time I’d rather us not pay extortionate prices. Wait until the summer to add quality rather than quantity in January. In Carol and John we trust! 

• Like 2

And...fastest add to my ignore list!!! I have no problem with people having a different opinion to me...but it has to be rational and logical, not just a whinge!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Portvale4 said:

This transfer window couldn’t have gone any better in my opinion. We haven’t lost anybody who is significant, but we have managed to re-sign Clark and Taylor. Two players who add healthy competition to an already competitive squad. Anybody who is disappointed by this transfer window needs their head wobbling. Don’t get me wrong, I would have loved another forward, but at the same time I’d rather us not pay extortionate prices. Wait until the summer to add quality rather than quantity in January. In Carol and John we trust! 

To be fair we were never going to get the forward we want in this window. Not even the slightest chance. He frustrates me at times but there's a player in there somewhere in Richie Bennett, while Pope will always score goals if you give him the right service. But for me Pope is now a horses for courses type player. Cullen also hasn't let himself down when he's played to be fair and I think would be different gravy with a run of games. Whether he can get them though is another thing.

• Like 1

Transfer window couldn’t have gone any better? Expectations have been lowered in the last 12 months. However we can have some new seats, shame no one can sit on them though.

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

To be fair we were never going to get the forward we want in this window. Not even the slightest chance. He frustrates me at times but there's a player in there somewhere in Richie Bennett, while Pope will always score goals if you give him the right service. But for me Pope is now a horses for courses type player. Cullen also hasn't let himself down when he's played to be fair and I think would be different gravy with a run of games. Whether he can get them though is another thing.

Bennett frustrates me SOOOO much!!! He scores good goals sometimes, then goes absolutely awol for months on end, before turning up with 2 goals out of the blue Tuesday. I was at Scunthorpe where he also started. To say he was 2 levels beneath poor in that game, is understatement of the Century!

7 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

Transfer window couldn’t have gone any better? Expectations have been lowered in the last 12 months. However we can have some new seats, shame no one can sit on them though.

Great window, not one star has left. We still have 10,000 spare seats for Vale games, no doubt if we sell 10,000 STs a new concourse would be opened.

A reminder Norman's holding company for the Vale was Alchemy Investment Group.

Pop the lad on ignore and enjoy your Friday evening folks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Shhh, you're not allowed to say that.

I myself, have tried to rationalize the incoming some on here, are expecting the Vale to have from the Robbie concert. But my fear, not that I'm allowed to have it apparently is, that I really really fear, that the concert could see us end up with a loss. Having to spend hundreds of thousands to finish a stand, we can only put people in for concerts. And then having to turn every single penny of profit, over to the charities. And yes, they do need them more than us, no doubt about that! But I just fear, that all the things having to be done in the stadium being brought forward, will make our budget suffer in the summer. I'm not saying we should go all Salford, by any means, but just an increase maybe from 1,6 to 1,8-2,0 million, would make me more than happy! And that should indeed be possible, with the Cup runs we've had this year!

The money will go to dying children, you complete and utter heartless weirdo. We're doing a monumental good which trascends whether the budget goes up by £200,000, should your baseless accusations have a crumb of truth. Our transfer budget is nowhere ner as important.

"Turn every penny over' like we're getting held up at gunpoint, "really, really fear" like you're scared that money might have to be used for things bigger than a League 2 club's transfer budget.

'The budget will suffer if we help kids with life-threatening illnessess'. Get a grip.

I'm honestly embarrassed to be associated with some Vale fans at times. Utter shambles.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 4

Absolutely f****** incredible that some absolute specimens have the audacity to criticise the club for saving lives.

Imagine if the club turned around and said 'the proceeds will be 70% Donna Louise/Unicef and 30% Port Vale War Chest'.

We're basically saying, 'well, dying children are quite important, but we want some money too! The fans are restless and are demanding a new striker! Apologise to the poverty-stricken orphans; Nicky Ajose's on the market!".

Sorry folks I'm ranting but I'm absolutely incensed by this clown's repeated criticism of us hosting a massive charity concert. Genuinely needs to self-reflect on what's important in life.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Bennett frustrates me SOOOO much!!! He scores good goals sometimes, then goes absolutely awol for months on end, before turning up with 2 goals out of the blue Tuesday. I was at Scunthorpe where he also started. To say he was 2 levels beneath poor in that game, is understatement of the Century!

Yeah, that's him in a nutshell. But as a third choice striker I have no problem with him, as he'll have the odd game where he puts in a performance from nowhere. I also think he fits into that category of very much being a confidence player. His confidence should be up so I'd start him tomorrow over Pope.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

I myself, have tried to rationalize the incoming some on here, are expecting the Vale to have from the Robbie concert. But my fear, not that I'm allowed to have it apparently is, that I really really fear, that the concert could see us end up with a loss. Having to spend hundreds of thousands to finish a stand, we can only put people in for concerts. And then having to turn every single penny of profit, over to the charities. And yes, they do need them more than us, no doubt about that! But I just fear, that all the things having to be done in the stadium being brought forward, will make our budget suffer in the summer. I'm not saying we should go all Salford, by any means, but just an increase maybe from 1,6 to 1,8-2,0 million, would make me more than happy! And that should indeed be possible, with the Cup runs we've had this year!

That’s a shocker of a post. The concert should never be considered as part of a money making exercise for this or future transfer windows, it’s all about the heightened publicity that such an important high profile charity gig provides the club and the area.

I’m sure I read or heard somewhere that the seats would be paid for by the gig organisers or am I imagining that?

Edited by PV1973

38 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

Are you okay? In January in years gone by, we have added absolute trash and lost some of our best players. We have done neither this window. Added two players, who will add undoubted competition. We haven’t added unnecessary quantity. Look at last January, where are most of them lads now? I think some people are expecting us to go out and spend £250,000 on ST. Not going to happen lads. We could have took a punt on young lad, but nine times out of ten, they are no better than what we already have, so what’s the point? I’m sure people on here don’t understand how football works. Some think a new signing guarantees success. Like I’ve said before, in Askey we trust. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Joe B said:

The money will go to dying children, you complete and utter heartless weirdo. We're doing a monumental good which trascends whether the budget goes up by £200,000, should your baseless accusations have a crumb of truth. Our transfer budget is nowhere ner as important.

"Turn every penny over' like we're getting held up at gunpoint, "really, really fear" like you're scared that money might have to be used for things bigger than a League 2 club's transfer budget.

'The budget will suffer if we help kids with life-threatening illnessess'. Get a grip.

I'm honestly embarrassed to be associated with some Vale fans at times. Utter shambles.

Wow, get of your high horse there Corbyn. And maybe try and understand what I've written?

Where have I said, that I don't want us to help? And what does calling me 'an utter heartless weirdo' help anything? Especially since it's absolute complete and utter nonsense and couldn't be further from the truth! Actually: how f...... dare you!!! 😡I actually wrote, that I think it's a very good cause and they need it more than us! And I absolutely applaud the club, for putting on the show to help! More power to them! 

But my one and only point is this: when the concert was announced, SOME people (as in NOT ME) saw this, as our summer cash cow. All I'm saying is: it's not. And I've been trying to make that point, since I saw the first mention of a profit on here. 

Edited by Danish Valiant

37 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

How come you know so much about where the income from the gig goes? "Every single penny"??? - how do you know? Maybe it's only ticket sales, and we will get profit from the concessions - I don't know? Maybe we will get a cut from live TV and streaming? - I don't know...do you? And wasn't there mention of more gigs being organized for Vale Park? In which case, the infrastructure will be already there and, as there has been no mention of these being for charity, we will make money out of these! So, basically, your snide little "Shhh, you're not allowed to say that." comment could have been left unsaid? And, incidentally, if some of the transfer kitty has gone on securing Clarke and Taylor, till the end of the season and extending Worrall's contract ( as rumoured) - that. to me, is decent investment! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

How come you know so much about where the income from the gig goes? "Every single penny"??? - how do you know? Maybe it's only ticket sales, and we will get profit from the concessions - I don't know? Maybe we will get a cut from live TV and streaming? - I don't know...do you? And wasn't there mention of more gigs being organized for Vale Park? In which case, the infrastructure will be already there and, as there has been no mention of these being for charity, we will make money out of these! So, basically, your snide little "Shhh, you're not allowed to say that." comment could have been left unsaid? And, incidentally, if some of the transfer kitty has gone on securing Clarke and Taylor, till the end of the season and extending Worrall's contract ( as rumoured) - that. to me, is decent investment! 

As it's a charity gig, the common norm is "all profits go to said charity". So that, in my view, is all money that comes in. From tickets, to concessions and merchandise sales (Robbies, not ours).

And if, as I've just read, the concert organizers pays to get the seats put in, then fantastic! My initial "shhh" comment, was simply meant for the fact, that we'll have hundreds of new seats put in, that can only be used for concerts. Not that it's a problem in itself that the seats will, finally, be put in. But it's not like we'll have concerts every weekend we don't play away. It will be 1 maybe 2 in the summer period. But say we get Man City at home next season, we will 100% sell out. Just not in half the Lorne Street, as they can't be used. Get my point?

Let's just agree to disagree on this seat situation 🙂

Edited by Danish Valiant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Danish Valiant said:

You have had an absolute nightmare here.

Might be worth asking RobF if he can delete this for you. 

Just stop and think about what you have written. 

• Like 2

Better window this time than signing a Spanish Sixth Division chancer off the back of a YouTube video....
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

You have had an absolute nightmare here.

Might be worth asking RobF if he can delete this for you. 

Just stop and think about what you have written. 

I didn’t put my point across very well. My point is actuallt totally harmless and in no way shape or form, want to take money away, from these much needing charities.

But having dm’s being called everthing from garbage to Hitler, is way over the top!  It had me in tears, as I feel misunderstood and I get all this foul abuse thrown at me. Based on a poorly worded post.

Edited by Danish Valiant
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

As it's a charity gig, the common norm is "all profits go to said charity". So that, in my view, is all money that comes in. From tickets, to concessions and merchandise sales (Robbies, not ours).

And if, as I've just read, the concert organizers pays to get the seats put in, then fantastic! My initial "shhh" comment, was simply meant for the fact, that we'll have hundreds of new seats put in, that can only be used for concerts. Not that it's a problem in itself that the seats will, finally, be put in. But it's not like we'll have concerts every weekend we don't play away. It will be 1 maybe 2 in the summer period. But say we get Man City at home next season, we will 100% sell out. Just not in half the Lorne Street, as they can't be used. Get my point?

Let's just agree to disagree on this seat situation 🙂

You haven’t thought this one through. Not strictly all the “profits” will go to charity.  What about the spin offs from the raised profile of the club?  Corporate hospitality, sponsorship, sales of club merchandise, increased gate receipts, the list goes on.  It’s a fantastic opportunity for the club to market itself and increase revenue from these other streams.

Carol had said that there will be further concerts.  These may be more commercial promotions rather than charity events, who knows.

I think you need to to at the bigger picture.