Walka003

January transfer window

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Smithy has recently purchased his first house in Madeley, so to me this indicates he’s not planning on moving.

That means nothing............A500 A50 M6 all on the doorstep.

On 01/02/2020 at 06:47, Cheeky Cheddy Whites said:

The Alchemy Landlord. Unless you’re going to have another emotional breakdown for our amusement live on local radio, I strongly suggest that you jog on. Irrelevant. 

You sure it's him? I thought the post was too well written to be him.

On 01/02/2020 at 00:51, Alchemist said:

Steady on, don’t think I can be blamed if Joe starts name calling Danish with an aggressive post. I have expressed an opinion on an open forum about the lack of transfer activity. A lot of people disagree some will agree, but it’s just opinions. I didn’t realise that i had to agree with everyone.

On deadline day last January, our previous owner, without a manager in post, brought in four loan players.  Kyle Howkins played 3 games for us.  Mitch Clark has already played more than the other three put together.

"Transfer activity" can be interpreted in many way but I consider signing Mitch Clark together with re-signing Taylor, Clark and extending Worrall's contract is considerably better than signing four random players, three of which I doubt anyone at the club had seen play and which the incoming manager probably didn't want.

There is good activity and bad activity. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Steep for a youngster, not like loaning out an international for £2M who is going to keep you in the Prem.

10 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Steep for a youngster, not like loaning out an international for £2M who is going to keep you in the Prem.

It does make you wonder what, exactly, the PL Clubs' agendas are. Surely they can see that for all the excellent training facilities etc that they have and can provide for their youngsters, nothing brings young players on more than proper first team experience at a lower level. Even David Beckham did it!

6 minutes ago, philmpv said:

It does make you wonder what, exactly, the PL Clubs' agendas are. Surely they can see that for all the excellent training facilities etc that they have and can provide for their youngsters, nothing brings young players on more than proper first team experience at a lower level. Even David Beckham did it!

It's a complete shambles and depriving the game, supporters and players of the opportunity to see what they can do.

Warehousing talent is a disgrace.

8 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Does also show that when fans are complaining that some clubs bring in better loan players from bigger clubs they have no idea over the cost. 

21 minutes ago, JRC said:

Does also show that when fans are complaining that some clubs bring in better loan players from bigger clubs they have no idea over the cost. 

We have to assume that Clarke`s fees are reasonable, whether he will emulate Chilwell the left back at Leicester who went out on loan to Huddersfield at roughly the same age, and returned to play in the Prem and Champion`s league the next season.

6 hours ago, philmpv said:

Rather goes against the reason to include premier u23s in the EFL Trophy being to give them competitive experience. 

• Like 2