onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

2 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Think it's safe to say, that Doyle are going Swindon.

But we the h... have they left??? What has happened there??? And actually yes, I would absolutely LOVE to see Vaughan play for us!

I suspect they are both a big drain on the wage bill.  Vaughan was on ridiculous wages at Bury I believe.

Advert

40 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Think it's safe to say, that Doyle are going Swindon.

But we the h... have they left??? What has happened there??? And actually yes, I would absolutely LOVE to see Vaughan play for us!

Swindon fans reckon it’s a done deal.  They’ve also taken Yates beck on loan from the Millers.

3 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

They may have offered him more games? The new manager may not rate him.

It’s up to him to fight for his place, you can’t guarantee a player games, especially someone who’s played no league football yet. Personally I think we didn’t want him. Gibbos having a good season and if / when he gets his 2 game ban for 10 yellows then we’ll make do with Atkinson or evans. 

3 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

I agree with you, but I also think you are contradicting yourself.

Keep the nucleus together, I absolutely agree with! But you then say 'add a couple of quality signings'. Guess what: quality signings cost money! And that is why I keep saying, we might have to adjust the wage structure just a wee bit. I'm not talking about going Salford, and especially not Bury! But maybe going from an ie. 2,5k limit to 3k. That would open up for some better players, wanting to join. I have absolutely no idea what we are paying, and there is no way of finding out, as the fat controller didn't state that in the public accounts. Maybe we'll know a little more, when the new owners come out with their first accounts? Right now, people are just guessing what our budget is, and who's is bigger or smaller than ours. If it really was 'top 10' last season, as I seem to recall Garlick stating, then Aspin really spend it, in a more than abysmal manor! According to their public accounts, Morecambe where paying 2,4k in average, last season. So if they have one of the smallest budgets, how much do we pay? Because I've seen stated more than once, that Pope is our highest earner at 3k a week? But then again; that would have to be a guess, as there is no way of knowing.

Oùr budget was 1.6 million last season and is 50k less this season. Both figures have been stated by Garlick. Paying 500 a week more to players sounds a lot less than 25k a year more to players but it's the same thing. It's not just paying one or two players more because existing players will also want more. One player on 3k a week is 10% of our budget before adding NI and pension contributions. As a club we aren't doing bad this season but on a cold night against the second team in the league we only got a sub 4000 crowd this week, so there isn't a magic money tree to fund bigger spending.

10 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

I agree with you, but I also think you are contradicting yourself.

Keep the nucleus together, I absolutely agree with! But you then say 'add a couple of quality signings'. Guess what: quality signings cost money! And that is why I keep saying, we might have to adjust the wage structure just a wee bit. I'm not talking about going Salford, and especially not Bury! But maybe going from an ie. 2,5k limit to 3k. That would open up for some better players, wanting to join. I have absolutely no idea what we are paying, and there is no way of finding out, as the fat controller didn't state that in the public accounts. Maybe we'll know a little more, when the new owners come out with their first accounts? Right now, people are just guessing what our budget is, and who's is bigger or smaller than ours. If it really was 'top 10' last season, as I seem to recall Garlick stating, then Aspin really spend it, in a more than abysmal manor! According to their public accounts, Morecambe where paying 2,4k in average, last season. So if they have one of the smallest budgets, how much do we pay? Because I've seen stated more than once, that Pope is our highest earner at 3k a week? But then again; that would have to be a guess, as there is no way of knowing.

There is no way Morecombe were paying an average of 2.4 k in average salaries to their players. That would put them in the top 3 budgets in the division. On gates of less than 2k they would be breaching the financial fair play rules.

12 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

Define 'available' then. If they have to be freebies as per usual, then I agree with you. If they demand a small fee, then it opens up a whole new level of availability. For instance, Mansfield are looking to offload a few (in my view), pretty good strikers. They would though, demand a fee to sign for us, and us having a look at the wage structure, that is somewhat holding us back at the moment.

Available means, them being willing to sell and us being willing to buy. Judging by his goal tally over the last 6 seasons ( hardly any ) it would come under Askeys definition of not being better than we already have.

It’s up to him to fight for his place, you can’t guarantee a player games, especially someone who’s played no league football yet. Personally I think we didn’t want him. Gibbos having a good season and if / when he gets his 2 game ban for 10 yellows then we’ll make do with Atkinson or evans. 

Without tempting fate - Gibbons has done well recently avoiding bookings

11 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

According to their public accounts, Morecambe where paying 2,4k in average, last season. So if they have one of the smallest budgets, how much do we pay?

Where did you find that figure for Morecambe?  There is no way they are paying that sort of money.

11 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

According to their public accounts, Morecambe where paying 2,4k in average, last season. 

This isn't right I don't think.

The latest available accounts are for the year ended 31 May 2018. The 2019 accounts are not due until the end of Feb.

They show Employee salary and on-costs (Social security and pension) of £2,012,019

They also state that they have 89 employees across the whole business:

33 Players and management, 33 other football, 2 shop, 14 hospitality and 7 Admin.

Assuming ONLY the footballers get paid (which obviously inst true) only get's them to £60k a year or £1,165 a week.

Now... given that all the other staff do get paid. Your number of 2.4k is wildly off.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00224792/filing-history

10 hours ago, PV1973 said:

I see no point in signing a player on loan in January unless you need him on the bench or pitch. 

Another stat for those who inexplicably think that we are rubbish and Askey should be replaced (I struggle to not laugh when I type that)

We have scored in 24 games so far in the 1029/20 season.

Only 6 teams in the football league have done better

26 games: West Browm, Millwall, Crawley

25 games: Blackburn, Forest, Swindon

24 games: Rubbish Rubbish Port Vale, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Bradford, Crewe, Exeter, Northampton 

I mean really... how RUBBISH is that... we should score in every game. Doesn't matter who the opposition is... Its a disgrace. Sack the grounds man, change the tea lady. I want promotion Noooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

Another stat for those who inexplicably think that we are rubbish and Askey should be replaced (I struggle to not laugh when I type that)

We have scored in 24 games so far in the 1029/20 season.

Only 6 teams in the football league have done better

26 games: West Browm, Millwall, Crawley

25 games: Blackburn, Forest, Swindon

24 games: Rubbish Rubbish Port Vale, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Bradford, Crewe, Exeter, Northampton 

I mean really... how RUBBISH is that... we should score in every game. Doesn't matter who the opposition is... Its a disgrace. Sack the grounds man, change the tea lady. I want promotion Noooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Putting that into further perspective... Crawley, Swindon and Crewe who have either a better or equal record to us all were kept out to a clean sheet by... Port Vale!

Archived