onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

Advert

19 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

How about Louis Moult. Local Stokie, done it in non league and Motherwell before not going as planned at PNE where they paid 500k for him. He was back in Motherwell last weekend and tongues wagged there. Worth a cheeky loan/bid?

Appears he did his cruciates at the start of the season and won't play again till the 2020/21 season.

Definitely a name to keep an eye on; born in Burslem and will be in need of a fresh start in the coming years, although he won't be out of contract till the end of next season.

17 hours ago, Joe B said:

Joe Davis was picked up by a Premier League academy. He didn't go from one big club to another like Clark; he went from Vale to Leicester, which is fairly impressive.

Convinced there was a footballer in there (as did Leicester's scouts) but his career has fallen off a cliff. A shame.

As far as I remember Leicester needed bodies for their under-23 team at the time following their promotion into the Premier League.

17 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

How about Louis Moult. Local Stokie, done it in non league and Motherwell before not going as planned at PNE where they paid 500k for him. He was back in Motherwell last weekend and tongues wagged there. Worth a cheeky loan/bid?

Won’t get him at all probably on about £5,000 a week at PNE and they will want at least 70% of his wages.... Plus why would he even consider Vale in league two ? We are a mid table league two at best team so can’t see that happening 

Personally not very happy with Port Vale FC in this transfer window absolutely nothing coming in whatsoever is a farce... I’m not a bloke that has moaned all season either before the keyboard vale warriors come after me for my opinion but Colin Garlick is useless in the beginning with not sorting out a new deal for one of our best players in Nathan Smith who is out of contract in the summer... ticketing at the City game again useless but I will stop going on about Garlick now because once again we need a player or two to get us over the finish line of which the playoffs are achievable this season and yet again we are 3 days before the end of the window and we have signed........ NOTHING. All this that was said to me after moaning about us going out of the EFL Trophy people saying the league is more important and we have a chance of promotion ?? Very clear with NO signings in January we are going for a mid table finish.... That day out at potential Wembley sounds a bit better now we have thrown the towel in on Top 7.... sorry to moan but I feel we ain’t done what we said we would do and that’s being in fresh faces. We have got nothing pushing Pope for his place up top and nothing pushing Montano in left back nor Gibbons at right back..... yet another poor window 

20 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

Personally not very happy with Port Vale FC in this transfer window absolutely nothing coming in whatsoever is a farce... I’m not a bloke that has moaned all season either before the keyboard vale warriors come after me for my opinion but Colin Garlick is useless in the beginning with not sorting out a new deal for one of our best players in Nathan Smith who is out of contract in the summer... ticketing at the City game again useless but I will stop going on about Garlick now because once again we need a player or two to get us over the finish line of which the playoffs are achievable this season and yet again we are 3 days before the end of the window and we have signed........ NOTHING. All this that was said to me after moaning about us going out of the EFL Trophy people saying the league is more important and we have a chance of promotion ?? Very clear with NO signings in January we are going for a mid table finish.... That day out at potential Wembley sounds a bit better now we have thrown the towel in on Top 7.... sorry to moan but I feel we ain’t done what we said we would do and that’s being in fresh faces. We have got nothing pushing Pope for his place up top and nothing pushing Montano in left back nor Gibbons at right back..... yet another poor window 

What a silly post. Garlick is doing a steady job and to suggest he is useless, is plain stupid. Askey has already stated that the price of players in this window is way overpriced. What’s the point in paying over the odds for someone who wouldn’t necessarily improve us? The contract situation with the likes of Smith and Gibbo, there is only so much the club can do. At the end of the day, it’s their decision, not ours. We can’t force them to stay. People need to calm down. Yes, we are five points off the play-offs, but realistically we won’t get them. We have overachieved massively this season. It’s come to soon for us. Remember this is a transitional period. Personally, I’d rather not waste money on quantity in January. We can then use it for the quality in the summer. it’s very rare you’d get quality in January. If you don’t believe me, just look at some of Norman’s signings. I’ll take 10th right now. 

55 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

Ahhhhhh well..... you cant please everyone eh!

27 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

What a silly post. Garlick is doing a steady job and to suggest he is useless, is plain stupid. Askey has already stated that the price of players in this window is way overpriced. What’s the point in paying over the odds for someone who wouldn’t necessarily improve us? The contract situation with the likes of Smith and Gibbo, there is only so much the club can do. At the end of the day, it’s their decision, not ours. We can’t force them to stay. People need to calm down. Yes, we are five points off the play-offs, but realistically we won’t get them. We have overachieved massively this season. It’s come to soon for us. Remember this is a transitional period. Personally, I’d rather not waste money on quantity in January. We can then use it for the quality in the summer. it’s very rare you’d get quality in January. If you don’t believe me, just look at some of Norman’s signings. I’ll take 10th right now. 

Its a waste of time and effort trying to explain.

People don't want to hear that Askey will only sign someone if they are worth the money required.

People apparently want us to be sustainable, People definitely dont want us to be the next Bury.... But at the same time they want us to overspend now because and gamble on a chance of promotion.... which is what Bury did! But can you tell them that.... nope. So let them keep being disappointed.  

25 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Its a waste of time and effort trying to explain.

People don't want to hear that Askey will only sign someone if they are worth the money required.

People apparently want us to be sustainable, People definitely dont want us to be the next Bury.... But at the same time they want us to overspend now because and gamble on a chance of promotion.... which is what Bury did! But can you tell them that.... nope. So let them keep being disappointed.  

My view on this is, I'd rather sign ie. 2 fantastic strikers on 4k a week, than 4 'meh' ones on 1,5k a week. Quality costs money, there's absolutely no way around it! Spend the money on quality, rather than numbers. I feel, that the wage structure we apparently have in place, is somewhat what is holding us back, from signing the better players. Some areas of the pitch, just costs more money to fill than others. Strikers cost more than defenders or goalies. So as long as we won't pay what a prolific striker costs, because they can't earn a few quid more than others, we'll keep signing the Quickleys and Bennetts, rather than those who actually score.

A potential investor, around 10 years ago, who would have been fantastic for the Vale, once told me and my Dad that you 'simply can't engage with some people' when we asked about some of the stick he was getting.

Never has that statement rung more true than at the present.

16 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

My view on this is, I'd rather sign ie. 2 fantastic strikers on 4k a week, than 4 'meh' ones on 1,5k a week. Quality costs money, there's absolutely no way around it! Spend the money on quality, rather than numbers. I feel, that the wage structure we apparently have in place, is somewhat what is holding us back, from signing the better players. Some areas of the pitch, just costs more money to fill than others. Strikers cost more than defenders or goalies. So as long as we won't pay what a prolific striker costs, because they can't earn a few quid more than others, we'll keep signing the Quickleys and Bennetts, rather than those who actually score.

So you have 2 forwards at the club... what happens if one gets injured? Or both? 

Askey has to build a squad, balanced across positions, coverage, experience levels, and many other factors.

1 hour ago, Ben Stevens said:

Did you miss Jake Taylor, our top scorer, re-signing?  Why is Garlick to blame for not extending contracts - surely that's a negotiation between the player, his agent and the owners who set the budget? 

Who do you think we should have signed - lets have some names of players who are available, affordable and want to come to Vale?

Archived