January transfer window

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Struggle to see why so many appear so keen to replace Monty.  He’s having a great season

I say hold on to the investment until summer. Better quality players available and more of them. Equally the club must remain sensible on the money front. These owners know what they are doing. More i

Another stat for those who inexplicably think that we are rubbish and Askey should be replaced (I struggle to not laugh when I type that) We have scored in 24 games so far in the 1029/20 season.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Twitter rumours saying Birmingham have bid for Smith.

Probably nonsense (from an account with 6,000 followers) but how much would you say he's worth if we were to sell? Given he's out of contract in 6 months too?

He could be worth nothing if goes in the summer without signing a new deal here. 

Just now, Walka003 said:
12 minutes ago, toyahw said:
Smurthwaite generally flogged off our best players in Jan. To be Jan neutral would be an improvement on recent history,

You spoke to soon

Why who have we flogged?

Just now, Walka003 said:
Just now, valefan16 said:
Why who have we flogged?

No one yet and I really hope it stays that way, I saw the Smith rumours just after I saw this post.

Birmingham have been charged again with failing FFP so would be suprised if they have bid.

• Haha 1

Smith rumour is interesting. Suppose we will see if he plays tomorrow. If he doesn't, that's usually a good sign that at least something is going on!

Jake Taylor loan to the end of the season 'agreed in principle'.

The club know there’s interest in Smith from other clubs. Whether they know who it is another thing, but I’d imagine so as they only have to look at the list of scouts that attend match days to see a pattern forming. Interesting that Askey just plays the usual card of blaming the agent, but managers know what’s going on with the interest but have to play dumb for the media.

Edited by PV1973

59 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

We have agreed a deal in principle for Taylor according to the Sentinel.

Good news. Askey also said he hopes to bring in 2-3 new faces and a few players to go the other way on loan.  

Still 2 weeks before the window ends, so we shall see.  

15 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

If Smith is sold easily for little money then it sends the message we are happy being a league 2 club forever more. 

I can’t see it happening. Especially after our cup windfall. 

He is out of contract this season end, so could go for nothing. We will offer him an improved contract due to his progress,  but bigger  clubs may offer more and he goes anyway..  It may well be that he leaves this month and it is to our financial advantage. We will go back to L1 irrespective of what happens now, it takes 2 or 3 years to build a team capable of staying there.