onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

13 minutes ago, robf said:

I would definitely agree with that. I just hope we can agree a loan extension with Forest and we don't have a Jones/Anderson issue where a richer club comes in to nick our loanee.

Looks like Forest are going to make us wait 😐

Advert

I started the thread about the depth in our squad and I believe this is our problem. We have three games left in this month before the transfer window closes. It’s well known that players brought in by clubs in January are normally a bunch of misfits that don’t pay off. Only one team is being relegated this season and my personal opinion is that one more win from our remaining games will confirm our position in L2, next season. I’ve said it before that I was hoping to finish 14th and safe by Easter. I can’t see any reason why we can’t achieve this and some may say that from where we are now that it would be a disappointment and I can see their point of view.

So I’d ask that the players we’ve got that have performed well this season and are out of contract at the end of the season then extend their contracts. The ones that we haven’t seen and on the fringe need to be given game time so we can judge if they should stay or go (Archer)Those who have had a chance and haven’t produced the goods (Bennett) and those who don’t get on the bench, should be told now that they’ll be being released. This is fair to the individuals who can seek employment elsewhere.

We’ll need to persevere with the same starting 11 which at the moment is our strongest team. We only have to concentrate on the league so it’s not two games every week.

So sign no one and see how we get on, but this doesn’t give JA a get out of jail free card. There have been questions asked regarding JA this season around substitutions, tactics and a lot about a negative attitude. I don’t want to put a line through the play offs as we need something to aim for or the season is already over. I’d just ask JA to give us something that makes us applaud the okay or to get out of our seats and applaud on a more regular basis. I’d really like this to happen even if it’s no good fir the knee that I had an operation on a couple of years ago.

34 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

I still think NFFC is playing cat & mouse with us i.e. they hope Jake returns and plays top draw for us to up the price tag.

Be interesting to see how this plays out, i believe that we will get him back till the end of the season weather that’s after his loan expires (Saturday) because I think he’ll know that he’s guaranteed first team football every week and that he will be knowing he’s involved every game barring an injury/suspension.

I can’t see Forest involving him in there first team as they’re looking to cement a play off place so would they risk throwing him in I doubt it. 

Hopefully we can bring him in till the end of the season as I think that’s what he wants to do is come back here 

1 hour ago, Aussie Rules said:

I still think NFFC is playing cat & mouse with us i.e. they hope Jake returns and plays top draw for us to up the price tag.

Sellers market in January, if he plays to his previous form we get the benefit of his goals although we may not have him next season. Nature of the game, loan market is to off load or to enhance.

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

I started the thread about the depth in our squad and I believe this is our problem. We have three games left in this month before the transfer window closes. It’s well known that players brought in by clubs in January are normally a bunch of misfits that don’t pay off. Only one team is being relegated this season and my personal opinion is that one more win from our remaining games will confirm our position in L2, next season. I’ve said it before that I was hoping to finish 14th and safe by Easter. I can’t see any reason why we can’t achieve this and some may say that from where we are now that it would be a disappointment and I can see their point of view.

So I’d ask that the players we’ve got that have performed well this season and are out of contract at the end of the season then extend their contracts. The ones that we haven’t seen and on the fringe need to be given game time so we can judge if they should stay or go (Archer)Those who have had a chance and haven’t produced the goods (Bennett) and those who don’t get on the bench, should be told now that they’ll be being released. This is fair to the individuals who can seek employment elsewhere.

We’ll need to persevere with the same starting 11 which at the moment is our strongest team. We only have to concentrate on the league so it’s not two games every week.

So sign no one and see how we get on, but this doesn’t give JA a get out of jail free card. There have been questions asked regarding JA this season around substitutions, tactics and a lot about a negative attitude. I don’t want to put a line through the play offs as we need something to aim for or the season is already over. I’d just ask JA to give us something that makes us applaud the okay or to get out of our seats and applaud on a more regular basis. I’d really like this to happen even if it’s no good fir the knee that I had an operation on a couple of years ago.

The problem is, if we have a poor end to the season it’s not going to inspire season tickets sales, which in turn defines our budget for next season.

I think sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. Which in this case means we should bring 2-3 players that can go into the first team, which hopefully has a positive effect on our style of play and remaining results. 

Anyone who saw last night’s game (I watched it on ifollow, but feel sorry for the fans who went) will know we aren’t going to increase our fan base with that team. We are too predictable and didn’t have a shot until the 58th minute. We will not get promotion with Pope, Bennett or Cullen up top on their own and the wingers / inside forwards do not score enough. There is a lot to be done, so every transfer window is important in trying to build a team that can genuinely be promotion contenders and to keep the positive feel good factor up. 

Morecambe have signed four players all of whom played last night.  The trouble is they want blokes to keep them in the bottom of the League. We want blokes to get us out of the top end. We could sign players undoubtedly but within a fortnight you’d have folk on here asking why we’d signed them. Getting players is relatively easy - getting the right players isn’t. 

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Morecambe have signed four players all of whom played last night.  The trouble is they want blokes to keep them in the bottom of the League. We want blokes to get us out of the top end. We could sign players undoubtedly but within a fortnight you’d have folk on here asking why we’d signed them. Getting players is relatively easy - getting the right players isn’t. 

One of whom is Jordan Slew, who we should be grateful did not sign for us this month. 

1 hour ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

The problem is, if we have a poor end to the season it’s not going to inspire season tickets sales, which in turn defines our budget for next season.

I think sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. Which in this case means we should bring 2-3 players that can go into the first team, which hopefully has a positive effect on our style of play and remaining results. 

Anyone who saw last night’s game (I watched it on ifollow, but feel sorry for the fans who went) will know we aren’t going to increase our fan base with that team. We are too predictable and didn’t have a shot until the 58th minute. We will not get promotion with Pope, Bennett or Cullen up top on their own and the wingers / inside forwards do not score enough. There is a lot to be done, so every transfer window is important in trying to build a team that can genuinely be promotion contenders and to keep the positive feel good factor up. 

I see your point of view in regard to increasing season ticket sales, but the season ticket holders we have are really hardcore and are the backbone of the club. These ppl will renew every season, I’d like season ticket holders to increase to 5,000, that’s not including those who buy the ten game ticket. 
I’m told that those who had the ten game tickets were treated as season ticket holders for the MCFC ticket sales, so does anyone know the break down of actual season ticket holders and ten game ticket holders. We’re they separate when we announced how many season tickets we’d sold or were they the sum of both tickets. 
In relation to the strikers not getting us promotion I don’t think any team playing a lone striker will get promotion as it only takes two players from the opposition to mark them out of the game, that’s why I suggested an attacking style of play and to stop being so cautious. Still better than previous seasons.

So O'Connor has joined Salford, this would be the same O'Connor who left the Vale so he could be closer to his family in the East Midlands.

Money talks, nothing to do with loyalty it's all about the money and put yourself in their position you would do the same.

Archived