Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Carlisle United

We have to start with Bennett with the incentive to do well against his old team. Put Pope on after 60-65 to pose questions of their tiring defence.

• Thanks 2

The Carlisle fans really don’t like Ritchie Bennett... Their forum is full of people sl*gging him off saying he is useless.
First name of the team sheet if I was JA.... go and show them son!!
Interesting our forum is full of similar people saying similar things!!
Agree though, he will probably have a blinder against them.

4 hours ago, mikey said:

We have to start with Bennett with the incentive to do well against his old team. Put Pope on after 60-65 to pose questions of their tiring defence.

Using this logic, could Cullen start?

Going today hoping see lots of good aggressive football with players doing there utmost to put the ball in there net and keep the ball out of ours .

Against Crewe I think we were just missing a little bit of something up front until Pope entered the fray then everything went through him .

I am hoping see a high pressure game ,I think Amoo with encouragement can be something else .

Carlisles always a dodgy side play against and no doubt they be a tough nut crack but crack it we will .

UTV 

11 hours ago, connor hackett said:

Interesting our forum is full of similar people saying similar things!!
Agree though, he will probably have a blinder against them.

I’m on your team photo 

nags head 👍

14 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Don't see any reason to change from the side that won at MK. Did not think Bennett did a lot last week, but surely he has an incentive playing against Carlisle.

Bennett had a header cleard off the line vs Crewe and missed a free header from 6 yards out vs Dons.

By basic laws of average/statistical analysis, if he continues to get into good positions and create high quality chances, the goals will come. For some reason he lacks confidence at the minute.

16 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Bennett had a header cleard off the line vs Crewe and missed a free header from 6 yards out vs Dons.

By basic laws of average/statistical analysis, if he continues to get into good positions and create high quality chances, the goals will come. For some reason he lacks confidence at the minute.

If as the stats seem to suggest he's a one in three player then having missed at Crewe and MK then he's due a goal today 🙂

Personally I think this is a 'must win' game today, unbeaten at home in the league, a team that's below us and sacked their manager, a chance to get into the play-offs......it has all the hallmarks of a typical home defeat!

These are the games that will determine our future for the season, it's no use beating Crewe if we can't win these types of games because we only play Crewe twice whereas we play much more of these type of match.

Askey has to have them fired up for this game in my view, keep the same team as started at MK, press high and get an early goal, 2-0 and I'll be more than 'appy.

• Like 1

Slight side note; today is likely to be an emotional day for a number of Vale fans, due to the fans we've lost this week and the other fans who we are hoping will be OK.

Seeing Carol's regular posts about these events underlines to me that we are possibly the luckiest fans in the FootballLleague. In the last 7 days she has hosted an evening for the club's pre-eminent legend, inviting back lots of ex players, provided one of our players (who isn't even owned by us) a spare car when his has been broken into, and most importantly offered support and a minute's applause for the tragic losses of Vale fans.

We feel like a football club for the first time in years, and not just a group of people who go to football games with little emotional bond to what's going on off the pitch. I don't know how many of you can remember the atmosphere at the games at the back end of the Aspin tenure, but it was empty and soulless. I have distinct memories of a visiting Tranmere fan commenting that we felt 'destined for non-league', him seeing all the same signs that they went through when they went down.

We might not win today, and in all probability won't make the playoffs this season, but its maybe important to remind ourselves how much Carol and Kevin have done for us in a mere 6 months.

2-0 today please Vale.

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Slight side note; today is likely to be an emotional day for a number of Vale fans, due to the fans we've lost this week and the other fans who we are hoping will be OK.

Seeing Carol's regular posts about these events underlines to me that we are possibly the luckiest fans in the FootballLleague. In the last 7 days she has hosted an evening for the club's pre-eminent legend, inviting back lots of ex players, provided one of our players (who isn't even owned by us) a spare car when his has been broken into, and most importantly offered support and a minute's applause for the tragic losses of Vale fans.

We feel like a football club for the first time in years, and not just a group of people who go to football games with little emotional bond to what's going on off the pitch. I don't know how many of you can remember the atmosphere at the games at the back end of the Aspin tenure, but it was empty and soulless. I have distinct memories of a visiting Tranmere fan commenting that we felt 'destined for non-league', him seeing all the same signs that they went through when they went down.

We might not win today, and in all probability won't make the playoffs this season, but its maybe important to remind ourselves how much Carol and Kevin have done for us in a mere 6 months.

2-0 today please Vale.

Excellent post mate.

As part of the "Vale family" I, too, have the utmost respect and thanks for what Carol/ Kevin and JA are doing now. Yes the atmosphere at games is definitely improving and the "feel good" factor appears to be uniting the fan bas after years of absolute dire, hopeless apathy.

Today will mark the sad loss of several members of our "family" so even though we all ought to enjoy a Vale win, uppermost must be shared thoughts and feelings for those not as fortunate as us.

Have a good day fellow Valiants and may it result in a successful end to a hard working, considerate week for Carol et al. 

• Like 1

I still cannot believe we let them score after 23 seconds straight from the kickoff. That Montano lazily half-jogged after his man who went clean through completely unchecked. That Legge and Gibbons were in zonal no mans land at the back post

• Like 1

Hope its not one of those games, where we huff and puff and they score for the fun of it.

Hate it when commentators say we should win these games by 3 goals.  It always seems to jinx it.

Come on Vale.