ClntonBoulton

Story that tells a thousand words

Great story and shows the chalk and cheese between K and C and Norman.

The whole atmosphere around the club is miles better and I’m glad they are getting the success on the field to go with it.

• Like 2

Great story and shows the chalk and cheese between K and C and Norman.

The whole atmosphere around the club is miles better and I’m glad they are getting the success on the field to go with it.

• Like 2

That’s a brilliant story . I honesty believe the club will move forward in the next few years because they honestly care about the club , it’s supporters and the community. We are lucky to have them and they are the honest genuine people who have no ego or agenda like the previous owners

• Like 7

Yeah, a really touching story, all the lovelier for the knowledge that there's no way Carol did this for publicity or plaudits, merely because she's a decent human being. Makes such a change to be able to feel proud of the club on and off the pitch. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Lovely story CB, I lost my dad last year (He wasn't a Vale fan) and can really relate to it. Even from 3000 miles away the whole club appears to have a different vibe and aura to it compared to recent years.

• Like 3

Thanks CB for sharing that with us.

For anyone who already has not been appreciative of Carol and Kevin's input into our great club this story again shows what a truly decent ownership we are so very lucky to have .ought not be named!

It's clear that Carol did not approach CB's mum for any other reason than humanity and a desire to know why someone was at Vale Park to show respect to a loved one.

Every day almost cements in my mind that we have genuine, caring human beings in control at Vale and not only looking around the stadium and also "feeling" the good will around the place again, but hearing about little stories like this bring reality back to us after so many years of depression and doom. What a massive difference in personnel there is between Carol/Kevin and the one that ought not be named!

Hats off to Carol. Thank you so very, very much for instilling life and belief back into Port Vale FC.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We've thought for a while of Vale fans being a sort of extended family; well, this incident just proves it now goes all the way to the top.

Thank you Carol for your humanity, and for being a head of the Vale family that we can love and respect. 

• Like 2

Carol and Kevin are phenomenal people. I love these stories!

I honestly wouldn't swap them for anyone in the world. Not even a billionaire oil sheikh with bottomless pockets.

They are perfect owners.

• Like 6

What a great story.....

What a difference it makes having owners who Clearly care for the club & who are not just in it for how much cash they may be be able to make....

• Like 4

Been some lovely replies to this and to be honest I'm still glowing every time I think about it. In this day and age for someone to do what Carol did is....well, it gives you hope! It's the sort of club I dreamed of and imagined when i was a young kid coming along the railway line from Cobridge to watch.

people have hit the nail on the head...she didn't need to do this it was just a lovely gesture.......Our Kid was shocked when I told him and re-iterated what a lovely she was..."she talked to us like she'd known us for years", he said. That is a "people person" skill if ever there was one,

Enough of the sloppy stuff let's get MK Dons beat on Satdee now to polish off a good week!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hi. Mr Boulton . What a Fantastic story. I am so pleased for your mum . And family . , I am so so proud of Carol & Kevin . And there family . For What a they have done for Our beloved port Vale Club . We could NOT wish for kinder or better owners.than Caro & Kevin ((  Good Luck for Saturday )) Mr Askey and all the players .and staff . 

• Like 4

I know that Carol would not have had an alternative reason for doing this lovely act, however I’m surprised that the local media haven’t picked up on this great humbling story.

Well done Clinton for bringing it to our notice and for acknowledging all the heart warming replies. It’s reassuring that there’s still some human kindness in the world and we are lucky that it seems a big slice is the owners of the mighty whites, our beloved club.

If it wasn’t such a dirty and corrupt thing to be apart of I’d suggest Carol stand for parliament.

• Like 1

Every now and ten I stop and think how lucky we are to have super owners like Kevin & Carol. I love them to bits for freeing us from a rotten owner and your tale explains exactly why!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1