onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

17 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Well, what do you think free broadband means and the services it gives you?

According to your beloved Jeremy during his Question Time appearance last night it means quote: "free broadband for everyone." You therefore should perhaps address your question directly to Mr. Corbyn to get his definition of "free" for everyone. Surely anyone with a modicum of common sense will realise that providing "free" broadband will be paid for out of taxation.  In other words, you, me and anyone else who pays tax. I'll leave you to answer your own question; How free is that?

For the umpteenth time, there ain't any "free lunches" and once again the man who you and others on here claim is truthful and beyond reproach, is pulling the wool over your eyes.  It's just another Labour con-trick from grandfather Christmas Corbyn and the chances of it being delivered "free" are about as good as the real one coming down your chimney on 24th December!

Advert

15 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Well that has cleared that up. 

Labour hasn't a bl**ding clue when it comes to Brexit and Jeremy Corbyn's 'neutral' position stated last night on QT is just even more laughable.  This is a man who throughout his political career has been firmly anti-EU, so don't give me all that bilge about Jeremy being a 'man of principle'.  It would be farcical if it wasn't so serious that Corbyn now cannot have a view on what is probably the most important political issue currently--the man is a complete joke!

6 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

According to your beloved Jeremy during his Question Time appearance last night it means quote: "free broadband for everyone." You therefore should perhaps address your question directly to Mr. Corbyn to get his definition of "free" for everyone. Surely anyone with a modicum of common sense will realise that providing "free" broadband will be paid for out of taxation.  In other words, you, me and anyone else who pays tax. I'll leave you to answer your own question; How free is that?

For the umpteenth time, there ain't any "free lunches" and once again the man who you and others on here claim is truthful and beyond reproach, is pulling the wool over your eyes.  It's just another Labour con-trick from grandfather Christmas Corbyn and the chances of it being delivered "free" are about as good as the real one coming down your chimney on 24th December!

Look at it another way, when you go on a train you pay the train company, you don't pay the owner of the rails that is free to you.

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Look at it another way, when you go on a train you pay the train company, you don't pay the owner of the rails that is free to you.

This is obviously your interpretation of the Labour pledge.  However, this would therefore suggest that you are agreeing with me that Mr. C on QT last night was being less than honest? As a counter-argument to train journey analogy, it would be like a retailer offering you something "free" only o find at the till that there actually is a price to pay after all!  Retailers unlike politicians are subject to consumer law that doesn't allow them to offer something "free" if it isn't actually free. Don't fall for the con-trick!

5 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Labour hasn't a bl**ding clue when it comes to Brexit and Jeremy Corbyn's 'neutral' position stated last night on QT is just even more laughable.  This is a man who throughout his political career has been firmly anti-EU, so don't give me all that bilge about Jeremy being a 'man of principle'.  It would be farcical if it wasn't so serious that Corbyn now cannot have a view on what is probably the most important political issue currently--the man is a complete joke!

Lots of people are anti-EU, but there are two options change it from within as a member or throw the baby out with the bath water.. Let the people decide on the reality not on a fantasy 3 years ago.

32 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Any promises from Jezza about free TV licences for the elderly?

36 minutes ago, For Us All said:

They are more likely to take action against the Biased Broadcasting Corporation for not vetting the audience.

"The lady in the red jacket" as Fiona Bruce put it was no other than Kate Rutter,an actress in I,Daniel Blake which was directed by Jezza's mate Ken Loach.

I'm no supporter of Jo Swinson but that was a stitch up.

And the guy who made the Ruth Smeeth comment has been on question time about 3 times in the past year or so. Jo Swinson barely got a clap so maybe the producer forgot to invite any lib dem supporters. 

7 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

This is obviously your interpretation of the Labour pledge.  However, this would therefore suggest that you are agreeing with me that Mr. C on QT last night was being less than honest? As a counter-argument to train journey analogy, it would be like a retailer offering you something "free" only o find at the till that there actually is a price to pay after all!  Retailers unlike politicians are subject to consumer law that doesn't allow them to offer something "free" if it isn't actually free. Don't fall for the con-trick!

Going back to the train analogy, currently you pay for the rails irrespective of how much you use the trains and which train companies. Nobody believes things are free, you either pay directly,  via group purchase/insurance, or a mixture of the two.

21 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

It's built into the price if the train company have to pay.

I'm assuming free broadband simply means access not usage, once you use it you pay for it...... and the access as it will be built into the price to at least recoup the expenditure. If not the money will have to come from a taxation source.

Nothing is free...... especially from a government.

I notice most people on the right on here spend 99% of their time criticising Labour but never defending the Tory record over the last ten years or the integrity of their leading politicians. I wonder why.

It's also shallow hypocrisy to claim that Labour's plans won't work when you've spent the last three years telling everyone that forecasts of low economic growth if we leave the EU are nonsense and project fear, so you can't have it both ways. 

It's clearly implicit in everything posted that many of you would never have voted for the NHS, never have countenanced a free national system of education, the minimum wage, or measures like that involving investment of public money. 

The rubbish we've had on here lately about the NHS not being a Labour achievement is utterly farcical and a pack of lies. The Tories and Churchill voted against the bill 21 times!

You tell us all that Corbyn is a joke. Have you seen what Johnson does and says? Would you like to condemn him now for his lying and law-breaking, for his refusal to publish economic costings of his terrible EU deal, for his refusal to publish the report into Russian interference, for his breaking the law in the Vote Leave campaign, for misleading the queen, for his red bus deceit? He won't go on Newsnight or Channel 4. He's banned a journalist form his bus, changes website addresses and fabricates news articles. I think someone has worked out he's already lied about 200 times since the campaign began. 

I'm sorry if you think he's your kind of person. I'd prefer to elect someone with integrity and honesty. The truth matters a lot to me.

3 minutes ago, geosname said:

It's built into the price if the train company have to pay.

I'm assuming free broadband simply means access not usage, once you use it you pay for it...... and the access as it will be built into the price to at least recoup the expenditure. If not the money will have to come from a taxation source.

Nothing is free...... especially from a government.

The access being the cable, Labour plan to accelerate fibre to the premises faster than the Tories, both by taxation  Content will be paid for separately, maintenance of the cables to paid for by tax on the internet companies who make their profits by using the cable. Of course nothing is free.

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Lots of people are anti-EU, but there are two options change it from within as a member or throw the baby out with the bath water.. Let the people decide on the reality not on a fantasy 3 years ago.

Might have a point except for:

-brexit never was a fantasy, this is a remainer lie to frustrate and eventually overturn the result.

-labours manifesto is complete fantasy. So how can people vote against a "fantasy" by voting for complete fantasy? 

55 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

The access being the cable, Labour plan to accelerate fibre to the premises faster than the Tories, both by taxation  Content will be paid for separately, maintenance of the cables to paid for by tax on the internet companies who make their profits by using the cable. Of course nothing is free.

So not only will tax payers pay to create it, they will also have to pay to use it, and Corbyn can still call it "free" without the usual hysterics of him being a liar? 

The man is a joke. 

5 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Might have a point except for:

-brexit never was a fantasy, this is a remainer lie to frustrate and eventually overturn the result.

-labours manifesto is complete fantasy. So how can people vote against a "fantasy" by voting for complete fantasy? 

Labour's 'proposed' Brexit deal is the closest thing to the Brexit people were promised in 2016. 

1 hour ago, ginge said:

And the guy who made the Ruth Smeeth comment has been on question time about 3 times in the past year or so. Jo Swinson barely got a clap so maybe the producer forgot to invite any lib dem supporters. 

https://www.conservativehome.com/platform/2018/08/ryan-jacobsz-to-win-the-next-election-the-conservatives-must-make-better-use-of-their-activists.html 

This guy

Archived