onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

4 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

That's true of course, although I'm unsure why private school education should be VAT exempt? I'm of the view that only necessities should be VAT exempt, and sending your kids to private school isn't a necessity. That said, I can see why people do it and I don't have a problem with private education per se, I just think these establishments should pay their way. 

I was just quoting an individual ‘s case mate and what would happen to him if Labour get in.

19 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

How does she compare to the current home Secretary? Sacked by May for activities in Israel, no connection with the bribery charges against the current PM of Israel ?

If you put it to the population Abbot or Patel you will find a massive majority going for Patel and you cannot blame that on racism.

well you could but you would be wrong.

2 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I've defended in ways other than accusing people of racism but I am yet to get a decent response. You lot always do the same thing: recite right wing tropes as fact and, when challenged on the veracity of your claims, scuttle off and recite a different one. I have also stated that one of the reasons that DA is so vilified is because she's a black woman, which when you look at the amount and type of abuse she receives, is inarguable. 

It is in fact conservatives that receive the most abuse on social media. If you insist on drilling down on skin colour then white men are more likely to get more abuse and it is generally worse too.

I posted all the evidence a few months ago to show this.

So, like I also said a few months ago. I dont doubt that racism exists and I dont doubt that it contributes to the abuse Diane Abbott receives. Although it's not a significant factor, we know that much. 

Either way, there was no abuse from me and literally the only reason that anyone suspects my posts are racist is because she is black. There is zero in the content of my posts that would lead you to suspect racism.

It's cheap and nasty in my opinion to falsely accuse individuals of racism when they have quite clearly not bee  racist. I do appreciate you haven't necessarily done it this time Mr H so this is mainly aimed and nofinikea. 

You'd get a better return if you bet on Rabb or Johnson losing their seats.

I believe there's a good chance that Rabb will lose his seat and it can't be much higher than 50:50 if Johnson survives, though he should have lost his job months ago when he broke the law and mislead the queen.

19 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Maybe if a costed Tory manifesto is published a comparison of where each parties` money trees are located.

I agree that the race by both Labour & The Tories to spend, spend, spend, is a very worrying situation. But I think you'll find when the Conservative manifesto is published on Sunday it will in no way be in the same league as Labour's promises that are in effect purely a 'wish list' and an aim to increase the State's spending to levels not seen since the 2nd World War! Labour's promises will lift the size of the State to 45.1% of GDP--a level not experienced outside wartime!

As the Institute of Fiscal Studies has outlined this morning, in their opinion neither the spending nor the tax plans outlined by Labour will be achievable.  The Tories may well have located a 'money tree' however it would appear that Labour has discovered a veritable 'money forest'!!

Not to the degree that the Labour Party will need, crimes they are borrowing £100 billion just for their training package.

And although not the ideal situation Northern Ireland needed and deserved investment for which the money went, not in to the DUP’ s pockets. It’s a shame we haven’t got a separate party for Stoke as investment is needed there but I certainly wouldn’t trust the current MPs to invest it wisely.

Can someone please explain to me what the Tories have done for us in Stoke on Trent over the last ten years?

I can't recall the high streets being in a worse state. Nor the roads. Nor the NHS. Cuts to the police force and fire brigade too. Beggars on every street corner. 4 homeless people died last winter, clutching a cardboard box and a blanket. Wages for most frozen or cut.

Quite apart from my not being able to vote for people who are pathological liars I struggle, I really do, to see what they have done over ten years that makes them deserving of another go?

I must live on a different planet to some of you lot on here. 

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

You start off by saying you have defended her other than racial issues but end up by defending her because she is black.

No I didn't. I didn't "defend her because she is black", I stated that much of the abuse she receives is due to her race (and gender) , as evidenced by the huge levels of racist and mysoginist insults aimed at her. 

Archived