onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

2 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

The IFS have stated the 80 +billion tax steal by Liebour has to be robbed from a broader base.McDonell says they are wrong.IFS v McDonell.Only one winner there and it isn’t McDonell.

Don't worry Howjy, a lot of these remainer types have been telling us for 3 years that we should hang on every word that the expert economists say.

They surely agree that this manifesto is either a complete and utter lie or would destroy the country.

Advert

21 minutes ago, ginge said:

Boris better dig that ditch after tonight's debate. It's no wonder he's pulling out of other debates. He's losing votes every time he opens his mouth. 

I agree, Boris was hopeless, Swinson seemed like the head girl who got the gig because she was teachers pet,Corbyn delivered his message well although the audience seemed to be on his side regardless.

1 minute ago, Mario said:

I agree, Boris was hopeless, Swinson seemed like the head girl who got the gig because she was teachers pet,Corbyn delivered his message well although the audience seemed to be on his side regardless.

Yes Swinson had a bad night too making herself look untrustworthy and full of waffle. Most of Sturgeons time was spent talking about Indy ref as opposed to actual policy. You don't have to agree with Corbyn's policies but without a doubt he came off best tonight of answering each specific question clearly. The format was also much better than the ITV debate.

3 minutes ago, ginge said:

Yes Swinson had a bad night too making herself look untrustworthy and full of waffle. Most of Sturgeons time was spent talking about Indy ref as opposed to actual policy. You don't have to agree with Corbyn's policies but without a doubt he came off best tonight of answering each specific question clearly. The format was also much better than the ITV debate.

Have to agree about Corbyn answering each question put to him logically andi n order,he seemed confident in what he was trying to deliver,this is no excuse whatsoever but Corbyn didn't get the heckling and interruptions Boris got and I thought it did put him off slightly, but not enough to use it as an excuse for his poor performance.

3 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

https://www.keycities.co.uk/stoke-trent-forefront-economic-growth

https://www.stoke.gov.uk/news/article/433/stoke-on-trent_among_best_in_uk_for_employment_growth

http://moderngov.staffordshire.gov.uk/documents/s93442/Appendix A for Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Local Enterprise Partnership.pdf

Seen as you love the economy so much Sage, you've spent the last 3 years talking about nothing else, have a read of these links. I guess now "all the experts" say that Stoke is one of the fastest growing economies (and was <ovf censored> over in the last recession - who was in power then again?) that you will be voting Tory?

Selective use of evidence doesn't impress me much, to quote Shania Twain. Try the hard right blogger Guido Fawkes. I thought he was more to your taste.

You missed off all the EU investment. I wonder why.

One source deals with 2015, almost 5 years ago. But it is quite positive, I agree. Is it any surprise that the Tory led failing council claim the City is great now they are running it? Or have they forgotten the shambles [endorsed by Brereton] of solar panels and the worst child protection report in the city's history? Your third piece of "evidence" argues against what you are trying to prove. There is no doubt that economies operate in a Boom and Bust way and after the world crash of 2008 there has been a slow recovery. That's true - but only to a limited degree. So please don't selectively pick your "facts" to make Stoke sound like Beverley Hills. It really isn't like that.

It's in a terrible run down state. You know it and we all know it. The city is in its worst state since I was born here a long time ago and Tory policies have made it worse.

Blimey. How bad was Johnson? What an utter disaster that was and what a pantomime buffoon he really is. That's a few thousand votes down the pan.

There is no doubt that Sturgeon is a very effective operator. Corbyn came across quite well I thought and spoke easily. Swinson and Johnson were both hopeless and you almost felt for them and could share their anxiety, like a couple of rabbits in headlights.

Johnson doesn't know his brief and has only a handful of soundbites and catch phrases to offer. Off his script he's dreadful. Who gives a fig about his time as London mayor, years ago? But wasting time and avoiding the heat didn't seem to get him very far.

I did think the audience was generally a little more sympathetic to the first two speakers.

But I have Sturgeon 1, Corbyn 2, Johnson just about 3 by a short length from Swinson who was truly abysmal.

Blimey. We're in a mess.

11 hours ago, TheSage said:

Selective use of evidence doesn't impress me much, to quote Shania Twain. Try the hard right blogger Guido Fawkes. I thought he was more to your taste.

You missed off all the EU investment. I wonder why.

One source deals with 2015, almost 5 years ago. But it is quite positive, I agree. Is it any surprise that the Tory led failing council claim the City is great now they are running it? Or have they forgotten the shambles [endorsed by Brereton] of solar panels and the worst child protection report in the city's history? Your third piece of "evidence" argues against what you are trying to prove. There is no doubt that economies operate in a Boom and Bust way and after the world crash of 2008 there has been a slow recovery. That's true - but only to a limited degree. So please don't selectively pick your "facts" to make Stoke sound like Beverley Hills. It really isn't like that.

It's in a terrible run down state. You know it and we all know it. The city is in its worst state since I was born here a long time ago and Tory policies have made it worse.

Easy when you can just dismiss evidence without debunking it isn't it?

12 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

They are more likely to take action against the Biased Broadcasting Corporation for not vetting the audience.

"The lady in the red jacket" as Fiona Bruce put it was no other than Kate Rutter,an actress in I,Daniel Blake which was directed by Jezza's mate Ken Loach.

I'm no supporter of Jo Swinson but that was a stitch up.

Archived