onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Lots of people are anti-EU, but there are two options change it from within as a member or throw the baby out with the bath water.. Let the people decide on the reality not on a fantasy 3 years ago.

For the record I voted remain 3 years ago, but you're missing the point which is that the vast majority of the shadow cabinet are strongly remain-leaning so even if there was the chance of re-negotiating a deal how could it possibly be a good one when the EU negotiators know full well that the majority of Labour ministers would be campaigning to reamin in a 2nd referendum.  Like many things Labour espouse, there Brexit position(s) makes no logical sense at all!

Advert

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Going back to the train analogy, currently you pay for the rails irrespective of how much you use the trains and which train companies. Nobody believes things are free, you either pay directly,  via group purchase/insurance, or a mixture of the two.

Then why does Corbyn and Labour spokespeople keep insisting that broadband will be "free"?  By your own admission if "nobody believes things are free" then why does Corbyn keep peddling all this rubbish? There can only be one conclusion and that is he must be lying.

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Any promises from Jezza about free TV licences for the elderly?

Yes, if you check the Labour manifesto that's been promised too. As I'm nearing that age when I will qualify, I'm personally delighted, but again others will have to pay for my "free gift"--so thank you very much Mr. Corbyn and all you tax payers for my future present from the State!  Again, any "free" promise from the State can only be paid for through general taxation as in the end any money a government has is either borrowed or gained via tax.  There ain't any "free lunches"!

3 hours ago, For Us All said:

They are more likely to take action against the Biased Broadcasting Corporation for not vetting the audience.

"The lady in the red jacket" as Fiona Bruce put it was no other than Kate Rutter,an actress in I,Daniel Blake which was directed by Jezza's mate Ken Loach.

I'm no supporter of Jo Swinson but that was a stitch up.

Yet you lot were creaming yourselves about the predominantly anti-Labour sentiment expressed on the same programme less than 24 hours earlier. What is it you like to chirrup? Oh yea, "you really couldn't make it up."

49 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Yes, if you check the Labour manifesto that's been promised too. As I'm nearing that age when I will qualify, I'm personally delighted, but again others will have to pay for my "free gift"--so thank you very much Mr. Corbyn and all you tax payers for my future present from the State!  Again, any "free" promise from the State can only be paid for through general taxation as in the end any money a government has is either borrowed or gained via tax.  There ain't any "free lunches"!

It wouldn't be paid for by taxation, I don't think. Doesn't it come straight from the BBC?

3 hours ago, For Us All said:

They are more likely to take action against the Biased Broadcasting Corporation for not vetting the audience.

"The lady in the red jacket" as Fiona Bruce put it was no other than Kate Rutter,an actress in I,Daniel Blake which was directed by Jezza's mate Ken Loach.

I'm no supporter of Jo Swinson but that was a stitch up.

So that will be the bbc who’s political editor is Laura kuennsberg? The same Laura kuennsberg who was found to have broken impartiality and accuracy guidelines in her reporting against Corbyn? The same bbc who’s previous political editor was Nick Robinson , who was a member of the Conservative party? Tell me how these people are conspiring to be biased in favour of labour again? 

2 hours ago, TheSage said:

I notice most people on the right on here spend 99% of their time criticising Labour but never defending the Tory record over the last ten years or the integrity of their leading politicians. I wonder why.

It's also shallow hypocrisy to claim that Labour's plans won't work when you've spent the last three years telling everyone that forecasts of low economic growth if we leave the EU are nonsense and project fear, so you can't have it both ways. 

It's clearly implicit in everything posted that many of you would never have voted for the NHS, never have countenanced a free national system of education, the minimum wage, or measures like that involving investment of public money. 

The rubbish we've had on here lately about the NHS not being a Labour achievement is utterly farcical and a pack of lies. The Tories and Churchill voted against the bill 21 times!

You tell us all that Corbyn is a joke. Have you seen what Johnson does and says? Would you like to condemn him now for his lying and law-breaking, for his refusal to publish economic costings of his terrible EU deal, for his refusal to publish the report into Russian interference, for his breaking the law in the Vote Leave campaign, for misleading the queen, for his red bus deceit? He won't go on Newsnight or Channel 4. He's banned a journalist form his bus, changes website addresses and fabricates news articles. I think someone has worked out he's already lied about 200 times since the campaign began. 

I'm sorry if you think he's your kind of person. I'd prefer to elect someone with integrity and honesty. The truth matters a lot to me.

Who've you got in mind?

36 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

So that will be the bbc who’s political editor is Laura kuennsberg? The same Laura kuennsberg who was found to have broken impartiality and accuracy guidelines in her reporting against Corbyn? The same bbc who’s previous political editor was Nick Robinson , who was a member of the Conservative party? Tell me how these people are conspiring to be biased in favour of labour again? 

Is this the same Laura Kuenssberg who criticised the PM for not meeting his October 31st deadline saying "Why would anyone believe you on that when you have broken your promise already when we should have been out of the EU yesterday.You've failed on that"?

Doesn't sound like a Tory to me..

59 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

It wouldn't be paid for by taxation, I don't think. Doesn't it come straight from the BBC?

You're correct it is the BBC that controls this, but where do the BBC get their money from?  The largest source is from government that grants them an amount annually, so it is still taxation that ultimately pays for it!

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Whether you like it or not (and there's lots I don't like), The Conservative line on Brexit is totally transparent, straightforward and consistent.  Whereas Labour's is (and always has been) contorted, opaque and inconsistent.  Virtually all of the shadow cabinet appear to be in favour of remain and have stated this openly, so how on earth would Jeremy (most probably although he's afraid to state it publicly, one of the  leavers in the shadow cabinet) re-negotiate " a good deal" as he puts it when Barnier and the EU negotiators know that the vast majority of Labour's team will be campaigning for remain if there's a 2nd referendum?  What incentive would they have?  none of course, knowing how the land lies in Labour's top team, the worst possible deal would be the only one on the table because the EU still hopes that the UK remains within their political and economic project.

His new line stated last night in QT that he is "neutral" is priceless--and he even kept his face almost straight when he said it!  Even if we are to give him the benefit of the doubt on this particular claim, then it only goes to show how useless he really is--that after 3 years of arguing over Brexit, after stating in Labour's 2017 manifesto that he and the Labour party would honour the leave vote, he now says he can't make a decision on probably one of the biggest political issues facing this country today--you couldn't make it up.  If this was a political comedy on TV you'd say it was too far-fetched!

34 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Is this the same Laura Kuenssberg who criticised the PM for not meeting his October 31st deadline saying "Why would anyone believe you on that when you have broken your promise already when we should have been out of the EU yesterday.You've failed on that"?

Doesn't sound like a Tory to me..

You’ve gone and googled a quote of a political journalist asking a reasonable question to a prime minister to show she’s biased against the Tories, while ignoring that she has actually been found to be biased against labour. 

Archived