onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: EFL Macclesfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 hours ago, robf said:

Yeah, there is 10k up for grabs which makes a few FLT wins fairly valuable, especially if we were to exit the FA Cup early.

Genu ine question... but I wonder how that compares to extra medical bills and insurance  premiums if a player got injured.

It may be false economy to assume the 10k is worth pressure testing the squad fitness for.

Advert

In all honesty, and with the money taken in account, I'd rather stick the reserves out and keep the first teamers fresh for the league.

The next three league games are, on paper, very winnable and I'd rather have a full strength team out at Leyton Orient on Saturday rather than risk Manny and Amoo tomorrow night and have them out for another month. The reserves beat Shrewsbury last time out, let them give this a go.

Only Pugh, Bennett and Brisley of the players not starting on Saturday qualify by appearances made. Realistically we've probably only got 17 fit players, so quite a few from Saturday will start. Might be an opportunity to give some of the returning players 60 minutes. I suspect Brisley, Kennedy, Pugh, Burgess, Barnett will all start. I believe Lloyd has a knee injury but guess he'll start if fit. That means he could get away with one from Mansfield to start but I'm guessing there will be quite a few more.

5 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Weather might save us having to play this tomorrow which wouldn't be a bad thing with the injury crisis we have. Wouldn't want to risk Amoo and Manny on a wet pitch either!

Really comes down to whether the physio thinks they need 60 minutes. Oyeleke has been out a while and probably needs some game time.

6 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

10K isn't exactly a huge amount of money for a club with outgoings the size of Vale's? I would have thought your six figure sums make a real difference

10k is a decent sum for any league 2 club, win tonight and that’s 20k already.

after these group stages, the prize money increases to 20k per win,  could easily make 6 figure sums with a decent run.

It's not just about the £10K, it's about getting as far as possible, a decent run would be a large sum of money. If we took it very seriously & got to the final stages (or even managed to win it), it would benefit us greatly.

Effect on the fan base & the buzz around the place would be incredible too, even alongside a mid-table finish.

50 minutes ago, Tomo said:

What I was wondering too (^). Also, seen quite a few people saying they think it will be off, surely not? Weather has been mostly fine recently, only rained a bit this morning so far.

Ever been to Macc?

Must be the wettest place on earth 😆

Archived