onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: EFL Macclesfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

It would be better without a mid-week game  although the winners of the game go through  to the knock-out stages, but still another game to come, useful  money spinner competition but injuries our main concern at present. Back to our normal formation? But  have we got enough players to  allow  recovery time for Gibbons and Worrall? Will Manny be ready for a cameo/short run out? Also need to think about the trip to Orient, possible 3 points? Plenty for Askey to think about this week.

Advert

5 hours ago, valiant steve said:

How many changes are permitted? 

Four outfield players out of the ten must be a qualified player which means any player who:

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2 subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

As I said before for the Shrews game, personally think we should be looking to go & win. Would put out a decent side, unlikely we'll be going up or down so why not put ourselves in a better position financially by collecting as much prize money as possible in this competition? Repair/boost the club as quick as we can, to a position where we're able to challenge for promotion next year.

I wouldn't rush players back though, give the ones we need most the time to recover from their injuries.

I wonder if the inclusion of Brisley and Burgess on the bench was an indication of possible changes for Tuesday? As they were in the squad they can play without being part of the four changes allowed. 

It could be a very ex-Macc Vale line-up if Kennedy, Brisley, Lloyd and Burgess all play!

If manny is close to returning I see no reason not to give him half an hour here rather than chuck him in on Saturday from the start. I’d be resting Legge, Gibbons and Pope for this one too. Maybe even Worrall too just to protect him. It’s a pity we’re short on numbers in midfield otherwise I’d rest joyce as well. I feel he’s looked a bit off it in the games following a tough mid week match.

I'd say it's not just down to him, but without Manny/Amoo/Conlon/Browne/Monty fit we're going to struggle with creative outlet, taking the focus off our attack, & the midfield ends up suffering because they're no longer on the front foot all the time. Joyce aside, there isn't much in terms of ball retention, so everything goes right through them.

It also puts more pressure on the defence, which is when you tend to get people criticizing & singling out players like Crookes etc.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

As I said before for the Shrews game, personally think we should be looking to go & win. Would put out a decent side, unlikely we'll be going up or down so why not put ourselves in a better position financially by collecting as much prize money as possible in this competition? Repair/boost the club as quick as we can, to a position where we're able to challenge for promotion next year.

Yeah, there is 10k up for grabs which makes a few FLT wins fairly valuable, especially if we were to exit the FA Cup early.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Interesting that, although Conlon is allegedly not a very good player according to some on here, we seem to struggle in midfield without him. 

I've not rated him much, but I'd agree we have missed him the last couple. Could be a case of "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone". Always happy to be proved wrong.

Presumably Macc will also field a weakened team so we can give them a game and hopefully get through.

Archived