onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Jacob_123

Advert

Hannant will do a fine job for someone ,kays probably will go into management or assistant somewhere the rest good luck to them .

The retained list is that players in contract ?as id sell most of them if they saleable which i guess they are not

Overall pretty pleased with the retained list. Hannant is obviously the one who will divide opinion, in my view he's a bit of a headless chicken, plenty of effort and endeavour but little quality. I'm sure he'll get fixed up in the national league, and that opinion is probably the reason he's been released. Well done Mr. Askey, a good day's work that is.

Just hope he doesn’t replace Hannant with Lloyd.

No point in getting rid of Hannant to replace him with another bench warmer.

At least Hannant was a grafter.

He's probably told Legge & Rawlinson if they do trigger the year don't expect play much football' date=' in the hope they go elsewhere.[/quote']

I really hope so. If both Legge & Rawlinson opt to stay then it leaves little scope in central defence, and I'd say we still need a quality centre-back, as Legge was looking his age at the back end of the season, and Rawlinson simply isn't good enough.

And before anyone points out our decent goals conceded record from last season, I'd attribute much of that to Aspin's ultra-negative, 'lets aim for 0-0' approach, rather than us having stand-out defenders.

Howkins would be ideal if he could stay fit & focussed, both on and off the pitch.

At least Hannant was a grafter.

And that is why we spent the last 2 seasons at the bottom of league 2. We need experienced, quality footballers. Also remember it is a squad game so some bench warmers will also be needed.

Good clear out that was needed. I expect some others may leave before next seasons kick off. A couple of surprises but not unexpected as some seem to think a player becomes a world beater the less the play for Vale.

We need to give the new manager time to build his own squad and get the team to gel. Onwards and upwards!

Unless we bring in a winger and another decent striker then the midfield have got to chip in with 20 odd goals and this term that area failed miserably. Must do better next season.

Another decent striker? Who's the first one?

I really hope so. If both Legge & Rawlinson opt to stay then it leaves little scope in central defence, and I'd say we still need a quality centre-back, as Legge was looking his age at the back end of the season, and Rawlinson simply isn't good enough.

And before anyone points out our decent goals conceded record from last season, I'd attribute much of that to Aspin's ultra-negative, 'lets aim for 0-0' approach, rather than us having stand-out defenders.

Howkins would be ideal if he could stay fit & focussed, both on and off the pitch.

What's the obsession with Howkins? He played 2 games for us this spring, and looked like a poor mans Callum Howe, when we met a decent team.

I suspect Lloyd will be half the price, if that is what Askey is planning.

Probably half the quality too! (and that's saying something, as Hannant wasn't quite up to it himself)

Was never good enough first time around, and couldn't even become a regular in Macclesfield's team.

Would be a very, very poor signing, even as a bench option, in a reduced squad of supposedly quality-over-quantity.

What's the obsession with Howkins? He played 2 games for us this spring, and looked like a poor mans Callum Howe, when we met a decent team.

I assume you were in Denmark when we had him on loan last season too?!

Big, powerful, attacks the ball, physically dominates and bullies opposition strikers. Just what you need in the 4th Division.

But, he's clearly not an option as he seems to have 'issues' but we could do with someone like him at centre-back.

Probably half the quality too! (and that's saying something, as Hannant wasn't quite up to it himself)

Was never good enough first time around, and couldn't even become a regular in Macclesfield's team.

Would be a very, very poor signing, even as a bench option, in a reduced squad of supposedly quality-over-quantity.

Hannant played 43 games for Vale compared to Lloyd’s 13 for a struggling Macc team.

Would much preferred to have kept Hannant than Rawlinson.

Archived