Jacob_123

Retained list

Please can someone show me the evidence that Hannant got 10 assists?

I've been googling and one site said he got 6 and another said 4.

Port Vale Top Scorers BBC is the one I refer to.Hannant 3 goals 5 assists.

On Luke Hannant:

I'll always remember his performance and goal celebration against Stoke and I think he will probably enter our cult hero section for that night.

However, to only really stand out against a young u23 side representing a very poor Championship club tells a story of why he was released.

He played lots and lots of games while he was here (possibly ever present under Aspin) and his work rate was, at times, exceptional. He lacked quality and end product too often.

Thanks for your efforts Luke and good luck finding a new club. I wouldn't be surprised if another L2 club takes him as he was usually one of our better players in what was, admittedly, a very poor side.

Strange last year fans were calling for Hannant and Manny to be given 2 year extensions and we were worrying that Mr Blobby would sell him to Bolton.

I always felt Hannant was a good team player and didn’t hide when we were struggling.He always gave 100% and could develop into a good midfield player.

To consider that Wimpey Ryan Lloyd is half the player Hannant is a joke.

How can anyone think signing Ryan Lloyd is improving the team?

Edited by Erniemossrules

Strange last year fans were calling for Hannant and Manny to be given 2 year extensions and we were worrying that Mr Blobby would sell him to Bolton.

I always felt Hannant was a good team player and didn’t hide when we were struggling.He always gave 100% and could develop into a good midfield player.

Was it when he last played for us you saw him?? You aren't prepared to back the managers judgement on signings then considering what he did with the team when none were his.

It's amazing how us fans and those in the game see things differently isn't it.

Lloyd has completely underwhelmed me and being released by Macc isn't great on a CV .

Time will tell.

Then surprisingly ( to me ) Harry Smith has been signed by Cobblers. He looked an absolute cart horse to me with the turning circle of a pregnant hippo.

Yet Keith Curle clearly rates him.

It's a funny old game

A surprisingly large number of people on here clearly think he will.

Was it when he last played for us you saw him?? You aren't prepared to back the managers judgement on signings then considering what he did with the team when none were his.

No saw him at Macc when we played them.

Totally anonymous stood on the wing with his mouth open catching flies.Still can’t tackle and no movement when they had the ball.Young Clarke had probably the easiest game in the league this season.You would have expected him to make an effort playing against his old team.Unfortunately Sol Campbell didn’t pick him for our home game so the happy clappers could see that he is still dire.

Perhaps me and Sol Campbell don’t rate him like some people on here with their rose tinted specs on.

No other league team will consider him good enough to offer him a contract.Thought Askey would be signing better players who can play in the first team.Mind you wouldn’t say no to Durrell.

Edited by Erniemossrules

Totally anonymous stood on the wing with his mouth open catching flies.Still can’t tackle and no movement when they had the ball.Young Clarke had probably the easiest game in the league this season.You would have expected him to make an effort playing against his old team.

Perhaps me and Sol Campbell don’t rate him like some people on here with their rose tinted specs on.

No other league team will consider him good enough to offer him a contract.

Nobody has said we’re actually signing him yet, all this flapping is because of some rumour.

Totally anonymous stood on the wing with his mouth open catching flies.Still can’t tackle and no movement when they had the ball.Young Clarke had probably the easiest game in the league this season.You would have expected him to make an effort playing against his old team.Unfortunately Sol Campbell didn’t pick him for our home game so the happy clappers could see that he is still dire.

No other league team will consider him good enough to offer him a contract.Thought Askey would be signing better players who can play in the first team.Mind you wouldn’t say no to Durrell.

I have not read any post that is singing Lloyd’s praises, but some are willing to back the manager’s judgement if indeed the RUMOURS are true. Give the bloke a chance before you turn him into the next Louis Dodds.

Aren't you the lad with a virulent hatred for Louis Dodds?

Lloyd played 27 games for Macc over two seasons according to Wiki. Before that he was at Chester. So he has played at a lower level than Port Vale for most of the time, struggled to play regularly at National League level and got some games in a team that needed Sol Campbell rescuing to stay in L2.

So we are supposed to be looking onward and upward. He looks onward and downward to me.

Aren't you the lad with a virulent hatred for Louis Dodds?

Dodds turned out to be a brilliant signing paying him £900 a week to warm the bench.People were saying he was a bargain at that much and would score 10 goals.How many games did he play for a struggling Chesterfield team in the National League.

That is called common sense not virulent hatred.

Probably one of the few good decisions Aspin got right.

Edited by Erniemossrules

Dodds turned out to be a brilliant signing paying him £900 a week to warm the bench.People were saying he was a bargain at that much and would score 10 goals.How many games did he play for a struggling Chesterfield team in the National League.

That is called common sense not virulent hatred.

Probably one of the few good decisions Aspin got right.

I think Dodds should not be maligned for his lengthy service at Port Vale with considerable goals scored record as well. But something had clearly gone when he came back last season. I thought it could be rekindled in the desperation of the situation, but it couldn't and the lesson is to look at recent performances as the decision maker. As you rightly say.

Port Vale Top Scorers BBC is the one I refer to.Hannant 3 goals 5 assists.

4 goals (3 Lge / 1 EFL trophy) 4, 5 or 6 Lge assists, depending which website you look on! My apologies - I'm sure someone on here, a while back, said he'd finished top of our assists with 10...my fault for trusting someone to have football knowledge!

13th best budget in league 2.... calm down lads, Ryan Lloyd is the level we’ll be at next season, gone are the days where we have a chairperson putting their own money in, we’ll be living within what the club generate and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we fall below 13th end of next season, but it’ll be the last time we EVER hear where we are in the money league.....

Mid table at best next season and a team of R Lloyd’s

13th best budget in league 2.... calm down lads, Ryan Lloyd is the level we’ll be at next season, gone are the days where we have a chairperson putting their own money in, we’ll be living within what the club generate and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we fall below 13th end of next season, but it’ll be the last time we EVER hear where we are in the money league.....

Mid table at best next season and a team of R Lloyd’s

Smaller squad.

Quality not quantity.

We don’t need mediocre players now before we know who is available.