onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Jacob_123

Advert

People keep talking about Angus as though he's some 18 year old kid "with potential".

He's 25 and scores goals at division 6 standard. That's his level.

By freeing the wages up of the non-scoring forwards Angus, Benns, Turner and Elliott we should be able to sign a couple of better players for the forward line.

I'm hoping with a bit of Askey persuasion that Rawlinson realises he needs pastures new and going to be interesting how it pans out with Miller.

Of those released I'd be amazed if any of them were part of the ' seen things not seen in 30 years of football ' group.

So are we still left with a few wrong uns.

Sad for Kay as he has done ok but I'd imagine he is wise enough to of expected it at 36.

Turner just never cut the mustard.

Elliott looked lively but in that team so could I have done !!

Hannant I'll echo what others have said, a grafter , a worker. But not much end product as in goals or assists.

Considering Bolton who were championship had an alleged interest I'm slightly surprised.

If we come up against him he'll get a good reception I hope as he always have it his all

Over to you now Mr Askey and I really hope once and for all we finally do go quality over quantity.

Fingers crossed

Other clubs have transferlisted players under contract not wanted.

Staggered that people in any way wish to sign or retain any players that have played in the last 2 years.

These group of players have posted 2 of the lowest positions in our club's history, and we're a fairly unsuccessful club.

Unmoved by any of the released players today and wish it could be more. Angus and Elliot couldn't get into our worst teams in history and yet people are clamouring they are given a chance. Howkins has played around a dozen games and seems to have big injury concerns.

Get rid. Clearout. Cheers for your time lads but its onward and upwards.

Would simarly not be bothered if Miller, Gibbons, Whitfield, and Montano were found new places of employment. Probably won't happen, but I'm treating this as a completely blank slate.

Agree with all of this , if you have only been Watching vale for the last 3 years then I can understand people thinking Hannant is a strange decision being released but honestly he is a poor player

Agree with all of this , if you have only been Watching vale for the last 3 years then I can understand people thinking Hannant is a strange decision being released but honestly he is a poor player

3 years is just long enough to have his alleged replacement prior to his move to Chester 😉

Where's this reductive view come from that 'Lloyd is replacing Hannant?'

I've seen it numerous times on here and OVF.

They're different players.

Lloyd will be nothing more than a cheap squad player the manager trusts; every good team in the land has one or two.

The logic that Lloyd being the first incoming (probably as he's been the easiest to sign) is a 'statement of intent' is absolutely ludicrous. He's a cheap signing. The paperwork probably takes 20 minutes. The season we went up our first signing was Darren Murphy. Exactly.

Calm yourselves down. Lloyd is not replacing Hannant. We've shipped out a lot of dross today, and tried to extend the deals of our better players. Much more positive.

A reminder that, a good of a lad he is, Dior Angus scored 2 in 11 at Barrow this season (injury-affected, I know), and has hit double figures once in his career; the season we signed him from 7th tier Redditch.

He's 25. Good luck to him, and he'll carve out a good career in non-league I imagine. However, we need to escape this rut of accepting mediocrity. Lean squad of proper players.

are you suggesting that they should be sacked?

Careful!

I am suggesting that a reasonable person who was informed of the rumours going around very openly, some of those rumours being more or less direct accusations, combined with Askey's angry interview about unprecedented behaviour, would on the balance of probability probably form the view that they might not be invited to stay.

Careful!

I am suggesting that a reasonable person who was informed of the rumours going around very openly, some of those rumours being more or less direct accusations, combined with Askey's angry interview about unprecedented behaviour, would on the balance of probability probably form the view that they might not be invited to stay.

Some of those still under contract will move on Doha me owd fruit that's for sure

You defend the (unfortunately probable) signing of Lloyd, and then in your very next post state....

we need to escape this rut of accepting mediocrity. Lean squad of proper players.

And that's exactly my, and others', point about signing Lloyd - with a reduced squad, every player (excepting those young players that are only just turning Pro and not quite ready yet) should be capable of coming in and making an impact, and Lloyd won't IMO. He's neither a signing for the future nor one that's up to the required level to be even half-decent in this league.

Lloyd would be a poor, and lazy, signing - and the same also applies to Crookes, who's proven that he's not the decent left-back that we require - especially when we seemingly have a promising left-back for the future that could do with learning the position from an experienced 1st choice ahead of him.

Every one of Askey's signings should be above mediocrity and be "proper players", as you correctly stated.

Don't understand why anyone is advocating Gibbo leaving - to me looks like this can be his level just needs to improve his positioning and crossing. He's got heart and commitment which is a good place to start.

Miller on the other hand absolutely should be given every opportunity to find another. club who will take on his wages.

Happy with the list so glad about Hannant the guy was useless.. maybe Bolton will sign him now.

Hopefully Worrall signs then we have a good base to start the rebuild.Still not bothered about Manny don't think he's a player to be relied upon over a season which you need with a"quality over quantity".

Archived