onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Jacob_123

in regards to next season i can see Askey will want to build his own squad but with what’s coming out from Vale about pre season then no wonder our team struggled this season. Askey seems to want to have a pressing team so pre season for Vale will most likely be a lot tougher than last season and we will

see key players up there game purely because of being 10,15,20 percent fitter than last season. there is no reason why next season we can’t be in the middle of the table. there will be some good players floating around released from league 1 and i’m sure if they see what the Shanahans want to do with Vale it could give us that edge in signing top players next season. we are due a positive season surely!

Advert

in regards to next season i can see Askey will want to build his own squad but with what’s coming out from Vale about pre season then no wonder our team struggled this season. Askey seems to want to have a pressing team so pre season for Vale will most likely be a lot tougher than last season and we will

see key players up there game purely because of being 10,15,20 percent fitter than last season. there is no reason why next season we can’t be in the middle of the table. there will be some good players floating around released from league 1 and i’m sure if they see what the Shanahans want to do with Vale it could give us that edge in signing top players next season. we are due a positive season surely!

What’s been said about pre season?

what’s been said from few players is that aspin was quite old school and not game specific. it could be just a slight dig at aspin seeing as it came from a player who he didn’t rate much

To be fair, a lot of players have said they didn't like his style. Be it training or tactics. Some has said it directly, but even Pope has more than indicated it between the lines.

in regards to next season i can see Askey will want to build his own squad but with what’s coming out from Vale about pre season then no wonder our team struggled this season.

Aspin played most of our friendlies at the start of the season at home so that the players could get used to the pitch. That worked well didn’t it as we lost 13/23 league games and 2/2 cup games.

Mike Baggaley's live blog has just written:

"We are expecting the retained list shortly and have asked him about a number of players that supporters have been asking about".

Looks like an announcement is happening today?

I don't think he means today

I got the impression it was likely this week, all the players have been told but not et have had it in writing.

Would letters not be issued at the time of meeting with the manager?

It always seems to take us longer than other clubs for some reason. Can’t even blame Lodey and the fax machine!

Would letters not be issued at the time of meeting with the manager?

It always seems to take us longer than other clubs for some reason. Can’t even blame Lodey and the fax machine!

I'm assuming the delay is due to the time taken to complete the Shanahan takeover and Askey's new contract. Mind you they could have confirmed the retained list regardless, especially today.

I don't think any retained list would be announced until Askeys contract is sorted. If contract talks breakdown then it would be inappropriate for someone who may not be the manager to announce who is leaving or staying.

I'd say it would be sensible to release the retained list tomorrow, along with confirmation of Askey's contract before the supporters club meeting with Carol and Kevin.

Otherwise, the night will be just be dominated by questions about the retained list/Askey's contract!

I'd say it would be sensible to release the retained list tomorrow, along with confirmation of Askey's contract before the supporters club meeting with Carol and Kevin.

Otherwise, the night will be just be dominated by questions about the retained list/Askey's contract!

Spot on that. Expect both news items tomorrow.

Archived