onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

CARLOS SALEIRO WILL TAKE LEAGUE 1 BY STORM. SWEETIE JAR IS OVERFLOWING AND MY HANDS WILL BE DIPPING IN. SMURFIE XX

to

Being ambitious, but balancing that with keeping the club sustainable and safe

What a difference

Advert

Joe B I don't disagree with anything you have said about patience, long term planning realistic expectations etc. its exactly the lack of it which has us in the mess from the past 3 seasons but are you on the Shanahan's payroll?

Your common sense posts might just catch on then you could get a bonus.....but then again

Joe B I don't disagree with anything you have said about patience, long term planning realistic expectations etc. its exactly the lack of it which has us in the mess from the past 3 seasons but are you on the Shanahan's payroll?

Your common sense posts might just catch on then you could get a bonus.....but then again

I wish.

Just riding the wave of positivity, whilst trying to temper some strange expectations people seem to be having for next season. Will tone it down.

I wish.

Just riding the wave of positivity, whilst trying to temper some strange expectations people seem to be having for next season. Will tone it down.

Dont tone it down in any way shape or form, although your political views are a bit hay wire:razz: your summing up of the Vale situation is spot on.....keep it up :clap:

Part of me wants us to sign Ryan Lloyd just so we can watch Erniemossrule go into one of his over the top, overblown, obsessive, vendettas!!

It’s quite entertaining watching him lever it into every possible thread!

Typical happy clapper would accept mediocre players being signed instead of signing first team players.

People like you who accept rubbish are the reason why we are in the bottom of Div 2.

But you say we need half a new starting line up yet have 8 of the 11 places filled?

I'd like to agree with maybe 5 or 6 of your choices.

Crookes and Conlon , it's a no from me.

Agree.

Yes, Crookes is young, inexperienced & obviously has loads of time to improve, but IMO he was fairly poor at left-back and did not show enough to be re-signed as 1st choice left-back (which Askey has insinuated will happen).

Legge will be OK as backup, for his experience and aerial ability, but he was looking his age in the latter part of the season and particularly dodgy on the ground, so is no longer worth a regular place in the starting XI for me.

Conlon clearly has talent and again is young enough to keep improving, but I'm not sure if he's quite at the level (strong or quick enough) to be a regular starter in central midfield - it depends who's alongside him in midfield, if the strength of Oyeleke is there then playing Conlon is fine. Definitely a good option to have though from the bench or when mixing it up.

Personally, and it is just my opinion, I don't get the criticism of Crookes. I thought he did alright as the games went on.

And that back four had the best away defensive record in all divisions, so I wouldn't exactly say it was a problem area.

He was awful against macc at home but not many weren't.

I'd sign him.

I think clamouring for him to be re-signed is vastly overstating the case. I wasn't sure why we let him go when we were short of alternatives without having a look at him but I am not saying I won't buy a season ticket if we don't sign him.

I'm not sure that "we let him go...without having a look at him" - there were 6 years between him making his debut and being released, and he featured 17 times in all (that's without all of the countless reserve games/loan spells/training sessions) so he had more opportunity than most to impress the various managers - the fact that none of them felt he merited a longer go in the first team said it all for me.

He must have done OK for Askey but Sol Campbell clearly didn't rate him as he couldn't get into a struggling Macc side last season.

I just know who I would want to be on Vale's bench next season when we need a goal or a spark, if the choice is between Ryan Lloyd or Ben Whitfield.

Archived