onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Agreed.

Back in the day I am sure the likes of Dean Stokes and Bradley Sandeman were cheaper squad fillers, yet in spells held down a first team place and did well.

We cannot afford to carry 25 ‘first choice’ type players so it is essential to have a few whom the manager trusts in terms of both ability and attitude to enable us to pay more for a few marquee signings and also to fill in when required.

As a matter of interest how many have seen Lloyd play more than the one game against us in December?

May as well kept Hannant then.

Advert

If we do sign Lloyd it is one signing not the complete squad when the squad is complete we will have a better idea of the formation and what role each player will have and then if Lloyd is going to be a regular or back up player and if he does play he will like all the other players need our backing not barracking to help us get back up to league one. utv

Remember though that a player can appear poor under one manager but great under another. Worrall looked on his way out based on his performances for Aspo but looked like a winner when Askey came in. Maybe Sol didn't rate Lloyd.

Lloyd isn’t in the same class as Worrall who has played regularly at a higher level.Obviously Aspin put him on the naughty step for non footballing reasons.

If Lloyd has been seen at Vale Park there must be some substance to these rumours.

We are not a charity so don’t need players like Lloyd.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-manager-owners-news-2886005

Hope this article tempers some people's expectations.

The uncertainty at the club effectively paralysed preparations for the 19/20 season, and our new owners are having to do a lot of work that should have been completed in March.

This season is going to be difficult. No doubt, or qualms, about it. Part of the process.

I thought you were refusing to attend games anyway? Why does it matter?

Wrong guy pal I have supported Vale since the 60,s through thick and thin and had a season ticket for the last 10 years.

Bought shares in the ill fated V2001 fiasco.So I am not a fair weather supporter like some on here.I don’t need smug gits like you trying tell me when I will or won’t attend the Vale.

Just hoping that now like every other Vale fan with the Shanaghans we have the opportunity to turn things round and climb up the league.

Just hope it isn’t all thrown away by signing mediocre players when better ones are available.

Lloyd made 14 appearances for Macc last season including 180 minutes against MK Dons.

Theo Vassell made 22 appearances for Vale last season including 2 games against Lincoln. It was the right decision to release him though, as he wasn't very good at football. Perhaps it is the same for Ryan Lloyd?

We could do worse than go in for Fraser Fyvie who's just been released by Dundee Utd - formerly of Wigan and Aberdeen, he's a combatative midfielder with a more than decent pass on him.

Allegedly fell out with the new Utd manager, Robbie Neilson, hence his release.

Archived