onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

13 hours ago, toyahw said:

Fair enough. Disruptive players should definitely be shipped out. But you get the feeling that some, it's a case of face doesn't fit. And we can't really afford that. I'm a huge fan of Gibbo. Where was he end of last season?  Hannant I can take or leave. But for a naughty boy he played a lot of games under two managers.

Ive heard a few things about what went on with gibbons but a public forum isnt the place.

I was told Miller is now working as a brickies mate.

14 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

Sam Foley training at the Vale now on trial at Newport County who will probably sign him and can afford him.

Only 32 (suppose IC will say he,s too old) but played 40 games last season and still has 12 months at least left in him.

Askey had him on a plate and we could use a box to box grafter like Foley especially with Manny,s fitness issues.

Oh forgot he hasn’t played for Macc Reserves.

I will ask again,who would you bring in after Cullen,Bennett and Amoo? considering you know the wages other players wanted,instead of having digs at the rest of the players brought in please tell who you would of signed

The signings of Madison and Browne must be imminent. Both have been with us all preseason and we are desperate for cover in goal and on the wing. What will be interesting after that is what loans and in which positions we bring those loans in for. Does the loan window close at the same time?

12 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

The signings of Madison and Browne must be imminent. Both have been with us all preseason and we are desperate for cover in goal and on the wing. What will be interesting after that is what loans and in which positions we bring those loans in for. Does the loan window close at the same time?

Maddison must be close as he's been very much involved. I would say Browne/Hurst relies on Whitfield going.

The loan window closes at the end of August - I believe that's the same as other transfers.

Don't think contracts for Browne or Hurst depend on Whitfield going....Askey said they needed a right back and signed Evans

and needs a keeper Madison and another winger Browne and Hurst from Bradford Park Avenue won't be on much money....

Askey said if Rawlinson or Whitfield go they will be replaced but if they stay they are very much part of the squad and it is a long

old season with 50 plus league and cup games.

Thinking about it Oyeleke will miss games and then Worrall will play many games in midfield while Montano will also miss any

number of games.....so basically the only regular first choice winger would be Amoo and it is a long old season....so over the 

the course of the season there will be times when both Browne and Whitfield will be needed.

On 22/07/2019 at 23:08, Guitar Ray said:

Not quite sure why there seems to be so much ill feeling on here towards Whitfield, who always struck me as a decent option in attack, a good link up player with an eye for the odd goal.  Inconsistent, OK fair enough, but he’s a relatively young player plying his trade in the fourth tier so inconsistent is par for the course.  Also where’s all this talk of him having a bad attitude come from? Has anyone specifically named Whitfield, or have fans put two and two together and got five?

I’d happily see him warming our bench, coming on as an impact player, but it’s most likely about finance.  Askey probably sees him as being too expensive in that roll.

Some mention has been made of Hurst but we know very little about him so to prefer Hurst to Whitfield is ludicrous.

Only speak for myself GR but I suppose its him coming from Premier League Bournemouth and the expectation that brings, along with as you say salary to match. Seen the odd flashes that really impressed me but not often enough. Dropping from the fringes of the top league to the bottom league he should be shinning on a more regular basis.  It was interesting how easily we dicked Sjokes youngsters(fringe first teamers) and at that game I came away thinking the vast majority of their players wouldn't make our Port Vale team which we all acknowledge was a poor one at that.

4 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I will ask again,who would you bring in after Cullen,Bennett and Amoo? considering you know the wages other players wanted,instead of having digs at the rest of the players brought in please tell who you would of signed

Good point that is......What are the individual wages of our first team ? and also what are the demands of any triallists ?

Without that information how can anyone say who we should sign or not ?

Unless you are Erniemoss then you can rip up any budget and just spend spend spend.

24 minutes ago, Mario said:

Good point that is......What are the individual wages of our first team ? and also what are the demands of any triallists ?

Without that information how can anyone say who we should sign or not ?

Unless you are Erniemoss then you can rip up any budget and just spend spend spend.

There is no need to know  their personal finances. We  do not have to balance the budget.  If the targets`s pay is not known why does it matter. .Even when  Super stars brag about their pay, when we are in that league we still will not know the budgets especially with the numbers of loan players about. Money is not everything, reputation of the club, the manager, prospects commuting distance, lots of variables.

6 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

There is no need to know  their personal finances. We  do not have to balance the budget.  If the targets`s pay is not known why does it matter. .Even when  Super stars brag about their pay, when we are in that league we still will not know the budgets especially with the numbers of loan players about. Money is not everything, reputation of the club, the manager, prospects commuting distance, lots of variables.

I agree 100%, however we do most certainly need to balance the budget, I don't need to know the finances, I would go further and say I don't need to know the budget either,but for those pontificating who we should sign, after those that have all the information ( Shanahans Garlick and Askey ) have made their considered decisions they are making stabs in the dark and being deliberately negative.

Difficult to decide sometimes if posters are being overly optimistic, unrealistic, or as you say deliberately negative? They have their opinions but equally other posters form opinions of them. Any owner who does come onto a site should know that views range widely, and what to expect.

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 02:52, Guitar Ray said:

So hearsay then? 😳

I suppose it is hearsay, as I wouldn't be prepared to say who/where I've heard it from 😀

Safe to say however, that many other people on here seem to know what went on as well. From the look of the squad for this season though 3 of the issues are gone, 1 is transfer-listed and another appears to have been given a 2nd chance.

I would say that Whitfield on his day has been one of our most influential players we've had in the last 2 seasons. But those days have been few and far between since his injury at Exeter in 17/18. Seems to be that he's been given opportunities by both managers since to get himself back on track and hasn't been able to take them. Perhaps it's best for all parties to move on.

Archived