onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thank you for ending our club Protesters. B&G and the Supporters Club

PVFC86

If we get a points deduction we are relegated. That is it.

With everything else going on how long before we're back in the football league if ever?

Don't just arrogantly chase Smurf's removal and worry about the consequences later.

I don't want a split fan base. I respect the people protesting etc... I just want what's best for Port Vale.

He’s purposely changed his date to May 5th because that would mean a deduction next season, not this.

I still don’t think he will place the club in admin and I think we will have an interesting couple of weeks.

I’m not sure how he can turn down a sale of a club that’s trading solvently and then place it in admin!

Has that ever happened before?

Like I said, if it means a 12 point deduction next season and him gone, I’ll take it and I still think we will survive.

Advert

If we get a points deduction we are relegated. That is it.

With everything else going on how long before we're back in the football league if ever?

Don't just arrogantly chase Smurf's removal and worry about the consequences later.

I don't want a split fan base. I respect the people protesting etc... I just want what's best for Port Vale.

I take the view that with him in charge we would get relegated soon enough anyway. The evidence is right before our eyes. As the crowd falls so does his investment in the club. After two seasons on the brink, and let’s remember that we’re far from safe just yet this season, it’s only a matter of time before our luck runs out. The team has needed an injection of funds since the Bruno debacle but none has been forthcoming despite all Smurthwaites promises. This season it should be that we’re in a great position financially, where there should be some extra revenue to invest, but despite promising £400k all we’ve seen us a few loanees and a couple of chancers. I would guess next season would be more of the same, Gorm just about spending enough to get by, whilst trying to find another Hughill to sell on for profit.

I’ll happily take my chances without him.

Yes. I wasn't being derogatory in my post about a GP, I was being serious, having read his Twitter and blog. He isn't quite 100% and could do with an involuntary break from what must be his 6 or 7th account now on OVF while he gets his head sorted out. Genuinely, he isn't in a good place and does what he does on here desperate for attention and affirmation. OVF is no good for him right now.

Yeah, making multiple accounts, posting everyday for months/years. That's way beyond getting a cheap laugh when bored.

It's obvious the guy has problems but he's still responsible for his actions. This kind of behaviour is obviously not healthy but it's his decision to do it. Can't feel any real sympathy for him if he's choosing to do this ***** rather than get help or work on his issues.

I were really on the fence about this, for a long long time!

As I live abroad, I’m not there on a day to day basis, so I rely on what I read online.

But as I sat down and gathered the pros and cons, of having him in charge, the cons outweighed the pros 10 folds.

It has just been lie after lie after lie. Mirage after mirage after mirage. The only problem with telling lies and painting mirages publicly is, that at some point, people want to see those things come to fruition!

And when they don’t and the team sinks faster and faster, due to his mirages and lies, people get frustrated.

Time after time after time, the promises have come to nothing without any explanation, or has been changed due to some lame excuse, my 5 year old nephew could come up with better.

And after the January window, enough was just enough!

But in this psychopaths mind, we should all still worship the ground he walks on, because he is our lord and saviour.

His reaction was therefor quite predictable and (hopefully) doesn’t come as any sort of a surprise, to mr Porter, B&G or indeed, mrs Shanahan.

Norman Smurthwaite is a cynical psychopath, playing games with our club, to please his pathetic little ego, and keep his narcissistic mind at ease.

And all though I didn’t like reading what he said this afternoon, it wasn’t a big surprise.

Only surprise was, that it only took a few weeks of protesting, to push him to this.

Making me believe, that this was his plan all along, and the protests are only a convenient excuse for him.

I think there is a big difference between threatening to put the club into administration and actually doing it when it's going to cost you a seven figure sum. If the owner chucks that amount of money away just because some fans shouted at him I will seriously doubt his sanity.
Totally agree, flexing his muscles and his mouth. It's our club, it will always be our club long after hes gone. Hes way out of his depth, and fighting for pride. Stay United Valiants, together we March forward!

Are you happy now?

Not feeling too bad, actually - thanks for asking.

If all this goes ahead (note the conditionality), we get a hit of 12 points, the prospective buyers who are waiting in the wings get the club on the cheap, the difference between the price now and after insolvency gets spent on assets (playing staff with a bit of luck) and one way or another the club continues, rising in its phoenix-like form.

The best bit is that Smurthwaite actually leaves with his tail between his legs, thinking he's won but actually having lost - his business as well as his reputation, and we get to celebrate his departure. He may even end up with an asset he can't rent to anyone if the new owners reach agreement on a ground share with another club. Nothing like making your assets sweat, is there?

I always remember B&HA who not only went into admin but also had to ground share with Gillingham, some 80 miles away. Their supporters thought it was the end of the world (I know a good few of them), then Dick Knight arrived and the rest is history. A great object lesson in hope and optimism.

Just think, no more Smurthwaite - it will keep many of us happy for a long time to come :smile:

VTID

Archived