onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Notts County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Whine about askey? Because I’ve said i don’t understand why we’re leaving it so late to make subs? I was one of the only ones on here who wanted him!

My take on the game was we played ok, i posted at half time we were doing ok and we’re better than county, I felt we needed to push on and we would’ve taken the 3 points. For me pope should have gone off he dosent like right he’s missing chance after chance and someone else deserves a go at least for half an hour. I saw today 2 poor sides where one was slightly betterthan the other first half and much better second but are clueless in front of goal. Montano and miller should have been brought on imo.

The other issue is of course most posts will be moaning. Have you not noticed how bad we have been?

Amazing how we all see different things. I thought we were better than just ok. Putting aside how bad we may have been before.... I think we look better than under Aspin in terms of making chances, taking them is another thing. I think today saw us have more than just the usual suspects put in a shift as well, more players turned up and ran themselves into the ground and gave us something to shout about and get us off our seats. I also thought that today was Popes best game for a while, he looked a threat, was a handful for their defenders and put a shift in. Taking him off would have been madness.

Advert

Amazing how we all see different things. I thought we were better than just ok. Putting aside how bad we may have been before.... I think we look better than under Aspin in terms of making chances, taking them is another thing. I think today saw us have more than just the usual suspects put in a shift as well, more players turned up and ran themselves into the ground and gave us something to shout about and get us off our seats. I also thought that today was Popes best game for a while, he looked a threat, was a handful for their defenders and put a shift in. Taking him off would have been madness.

Agree with most of this but not sure Pope is anywhere near his best. You would have guaranteed him score at least one of the headers today. Looked a bit laboured today at times, not sure he's fully fit? He is obviously our main threat and just hope the goals start flowing for him and for us all.

What I liked today was the shape, the closing down and improvement in passing. I thought Joyce had his best game in a Vale shirt and worked well with Conlon. I liked the 'free' central role Oyeleke had , he just didn't perform as well today but may in future games. Defensively sound, the lad Crookes looks like he's been playing at a higher level for years, Hannant much better today and put some great balls in. Worrall decent on set pieces. Very positive just need to get someone supporting Tom Pope in and around the box, hopefully Oyeleke. Much better today.

Well I actually enjoyed the day. Great support from Vale fans and a good, solid, team performance. Admittedly County were there for the taking but when you are near the bottom you need that stroke of luck and that is not coming our way at present. We bossed midfield, the defenders all did a sterling job and it was there for us to see that the squad gave everything, together. Ok we need firepower but if we can continue as a unit like today we will secure our position in Division 2. P.S. note to Gorm - the fantastic support today hopefully chokes you tonight. Without exception we all love our Club and are going to continue our fight to oust you, come what may. You ought to be totally ashamed at the incompetent and childish arrogant way you are failing to bring this Club to its end. Go, now.

It was fascinating to see that our owner showed his commitment to the club by failing to turn up at one of our most important games of the season at a ground about 30 minutes from his house.

He's in Outer Mongolia scouting players.

Agree with most of this but not sure Pope is anywhere near his best. You would have guaranteed him score at least one of the headers today. Looked a bit laboured today at times, not sure he's fully fit? He is obviously our main threat and just hope the goals start flowing for him and for us all.

What I liked today was the shape, the closing down and improvement in passing. I thought Joyce had his best game in a Vale shirt and worked well with Conlon. I liked the 'free' central role Oyeleke had , he just didn't perform as well today but may in future games. Defensively sound, the lad Crookes looks like he's been playing at a higher level for years, Hannant much better today and put some great balls in. Worrall decent on set pieces. Very positive just need to get someone supporting Tom Pope in and around the box, hopefully Oyeleke. Much better today.

Agree with all that, but I meant Pope had his best game for a while not that’s he’s back to his best yet.

It was fascinating to see that our owner showed his commitment to the club by failing to turn up at one of our most important games of the season at a ground about 30 minutes from his house.

Jean you were told on Thursday out tyrant chairman has been ill the reason for not going to Hong Kong he must not have recovered for today:ohmy:

He has other hobbies now bird spotting in Hamil Road and eating all the pies that won’t be sold in the kiosks next Saturday.

Archived