onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Notts County v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

They took county on. Wow. Well done. Impressive that

Not sure what you expect them to do when we were playing County. I thought that we did ok today just missing that clinical finish or bit of luck. we've been in a lot of tight games recently where we have huffed and puffed but it's a game of small margins.

We just need to find that 10% from somewhere but I thought that we looked a bit brighter and up for the fight today, even if the quality was a little lacking.

After today I think that county will end up taking one of the relegation places but the other could be any from 3-4 clubs.

Taken from County Forum :

Rumours of our rebirth have been greatly exaggerated. That was a 0-0 battering.

We should have conceded at the very least 3 or 4 goals.

and also :

This is 100% spot on. We got a point because Pope missed an absolute sitter and Schofield made two excellent saves. Vale won all of the 50/50s and completely bossed the middle of the park. Teams have already sussed the new Notts - press high up and we cough up possession straight away.

Team played well today, Askey did well today, get behind your team..what exactly would people like Askey to do? Keep fighting UTV

Agreed, according to the Sky reporter after 70 mins "PV are all over them" but sadly, the killer goal didn't go in! Keep the faith, the Macclesfield result at least, went in our favour and althought the very late Yeovil goal wasn't exactly helpful, at least Morecombe has now been dragged back into the relegation zone!

Came away from that thinking if we can’t score against them, we can’t score against anyone.

Poor use of subs again from Askey. Hannant had the measure of their right back but had run himself into the ground. Montaño should have been the sub and much earlier.

I thought we dominated the game and created plenty of chances. It was just missing a goal. Popes header second half looked harder for him to miss. Plenty of positives from that. Obviously those that don’t go can pick the negatives from it instead. Hannant had a much better second half and arguably should have come off earlier when he started to cramp up. Worral and Conlon did well pushing on and really put a shift in. Joyce ran it for much of the game. Legge and smith were largely untroubled. I think my only negative was Clark who at times seemed reluctant to get involved. Apart from Hannant struggling I didn’t think it needed changing such was our dominance.

On the train back now.

Thought we absolutely bossed the game but if we can't score against them then there's little hope. Pope had three good chances there and his header early in the second half I fully expected him to bury.

The positive I'm taking from that is there's only one spot to avoid bease they're gone. I expected far more from them and a tough game today. They gave is nothing to worry about and that's saying a lot about them.

Better performance than a lot this season but that was a big chance missed. We won't get a better opportunity to win again this season.

The results against macc and Yeovil will decide it for us.

And I'm sorry to say I'm not hopeful.

Good day out and a good performance,how we didn't score heaven knows but a lot of good come out of the performance,we looked a lot fitter and sharper and didn't give them much time on the ball,every player did the magnificent away following proud.

Archived