onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

Interesting reading the latest article on Ricky Miller where Aspin offered him the chance to go out on loan and Miller told him to Puzzle off basically, he wanted to stay and prove a point! Good on the lad, he has a lot to offer when 100%

Did the same at Posh, where their chairman ended up slating him for constantly refusing move lol

Advert

Miller certainly appears to be a complicated character doesn't he, but to his credit, if the the boss puts you on the naughty step for what, two months, tells you to go out on loan, and plays with one up front it must takes some balls (or stupidity!)to say "sod that" I'll show you!

Don't do Twitter, but my son does, and apparently these past few weeks, it shows a lot of clips of him and Rawlinson putting in extra shifts in the gym on their own, and if Saturdays performance comes as a consequence, they have to be applauded. One swallow does not a summer make though and whilst personally I've liked him and his swashbuckling style from the opening match,he now has to match Saturdays performance and determination in all games. If he does, though never likely to enjoy the status of Pope, he's the kind of players who could quickly become a right favourite.

If Harris signs today, which now looks a shoe in, I just hope he is of the fleet footed, tricky variety and not a 6' 2" alternative to Popey, which coming from Cardiff does conjure up that kind of image, but as Saturday proved, we can leave hoof ball behind, even with a small target man, and I would love to see it persevered with in the next few games.

That said, the lad must surely be a very decent player and though I don't know anything about him, if has the physical attributes he could be a really great signing.

The last thing I would add, especially with only nine days of the window left is why has there been no mention of boosting the midfield, certainly I don't remember Aspin making any such references, yet a month ago we were all talking about the pressing need to strengthen, a need that logically you have to assume has grown, especially with Aspins continual refusal to start players like Whitfield and Conlon, or do we now think otherwise?

Don't do Twitter, but my son does, and apparently these past few weeks, it shows a lot of clips of him and Rawlinson putting in extra shifts in the gym on their own, and if Saturdays performance comes as a consequence, they have to be applauded.

It always makes me chuckle when players do that kind of stuff, look at me I'm in the gym. Its part and parcel of their general routine anyway to be in the gym at some point in the week. Its no different to any other player. I've seen players who stay over and do extra stuff on the training ground, trying to improve aspects of their game, they just don't publicise it.

Not Vale news but Cardiff City's new record signing signed on Saturday, Emiliano Sala, is believed to be 1 of 2 people on a light aircraft that has disappeared when flying off the Channel Islands. He was due to start training with his new team this morning. Not looking good but hopefully everything turns out ok.

Whilst at Crawley, I heard Dodds had returned to Chesterfield, not seen anything official.

Anyone know if this is true.

Would make sense as they are struggling in the Conference and is about his level.

No point keeping him if he can’t make the squad and the money could be used to bring in a decent striker.

Dagnall if even on loan and he can playalongside Pope if Aspin sees sense.

Bury need the money.

Would make sense as they are struggling in the Conference and is about his level.

No point keeping him if he can’t make the squad and the money could be used to bring in a decent striker.

Dagnall if even on loan and he has played alongside Pope at Bury if Aspin sees sense.

Dagnall cant run according to Bury fans. We have enough of that type of player.

Dodds is five times the player of Dagnall.

Apart from not heading well as different as 2 attacking players can be. The fact people have paid money for Dagnall twice and played 4 season in The Championship says at their peak Dagnall was better. No idea how the 2 stack up at 32.

Archived