onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We Need To Talk About Norman

Santa

Advert

Any actions need to be well organised and so if possible ideally we need the Supporters Club's contacted to guage the level of support for any protests etc to be fully effective.

When is the next supporters Club meeting?

We need a majority following and raise levels to those at least on a par with past protests.

Norman is only interested in money. I vaguely remember him saying last time he had the Mic in his hand saying something like:-

If you can get 4000 fans each paying £500 each it would demonstrate to him that the fan base wanted him to go - and he would.

The numbers quoted here may be wrong the statement was'nt which tells you where he is at.

It really does need a massive push, it may result in initial pain, ride the storm then succeed. At our level supporters will eventually have to be listened to.

how do you know that? Perhaps Norman has less money than what he makes out to have? The thing is Smurf always points the finger at other people for his failures when things are not going his way. His next action will be ( we the fans wanted Aspin to be manager and Micky Adams proposed this).

Not a big fan of the Blue One but most fans , me included thought Aspin was worth a shot. Looks like I was wrong but at the time majority opinion was that Aspin was a good appointment. Don't know where we go next. Any manager who is available is usually in that position as a result of failing at his last club. Look into non league and its a gamble and who currently employed at a successful League 1 or 2 club is going to come to us ? Would the Cowley Brothers leave Lincoln for example, not likely.

Needs a lot more than that to improve the match experience and status of Port Vale.

A change of ownership would immediately lift some of the gloom surrounding the place and create a more positive atmosphere on match day before a ball was kicked. We need a bit of hope. We have none with Norman.

A change of ownership would immediately lift some of the gloom surrounding the place and create a more positive atmosphere on match day before a ball was kicked. We need a bit of hope. We have none with Norman.

Totally agree.

One worrying question I have is whether Norman knows this and just doesn’t care, or has he just surrounded himself with yes men and therefore doesn’t realise the impact he is having!

He (in)famously said pre-season he didn't anticipate a sale of the club this season. As he won't deign to inform mere fans what this means, we have to assume it means the club is not for sale.

I just don't get what he gets out of owning the club any more. Loathed by thousands, probably ridiculed by other chairmen, and in every way overseeing a failing operation.

If I thought storming the main entrance would work, I'd be behind it. (not the entrance, the actions:laugh:).

I have been giving some serious thought to what we can do to get him gone and I struggle to see what we have as options. He holds all the cards, and is too stubborn to walk away. Yet at the same time I'd say he's vindictive enough to happily let us sink into oblivion, and I strongly believe that this is rooted in us sweetie-jar beneficiaries daring to criticise him. Throw in his arrogance towards and contempt for the rank-and-file and it's a toxic mix.

I honestly don't know what we can do.

It feels to me that we are snookered.

More vehement protests against the likes of The Venkys and Vincent Tan , albeit at bigger clubs , came to nothing.

Really can't see the bloke ever selling up , had umpteen opportunities to do so but there is always a hitch in his eyes.

Basically we are treading water until we meet up again with Chesterfield and the likes of where we dread unless he goes.

No light whatsoever at the end of this massive dark tunnel

He (in)famously said pre-season he didn't anticipate a sale of the club this season. As he won't deign to inform mere fans what this means, we have to assume it means the club is not for sale.

I just don't get what he gets out of owning the club any more. Loathed by thousands, probably ridiculed by other chairmen, and in every way overseeing a failing operation.

If I thought storming the main entrance would work, I'd be behind it. (not the entrance, the actions:laugh:).

I have been giving some serious thought to what we can do to get him gone and I struggle to see what we have as options. He holds all the cards, and is too stubborn to walk away. Yet at the same time I'd say he's vindictive enough to happily let us sink into oblivion, and I strongly feel he was offended by us sweetie-jar beneficiaries daring to criticise him.

I honestly don't know what we can do.

It’s a sad indictment of a man who, if as rich as people keep telling me, is willing to sit back and oversee the destruction of a community club loved by so many, in the hope of milking off the cash that he has wasted due to his own errors and mad decisions... just so he can look his family in the eyes and say “look, I told you I never lose on a deal”

Valuing a slice of his own wealth over our beloved club. Sickening.

Surely even he realises now that he can’t turn it around. His decisions have caused our downfall. He is really really bad at running a football club... so any vitriol of “I’m going to leave it in a better place than when I got here” is now just laughable.

And as someone put on here yesterday which really hit home... in the midst of the clubs decline his focus has been on building hotels and buying another ground.

Never mind being a terrible owner, he is starting to look like a terrible human being!

We need a majority following and raise levels to those at least on a par with past protests.

Norman is only interested in money. I vaguely remember him saying last time he had the Mic in his hand saying something like:-

If you can get 4000 fans each paying £500 each it would demonstrate to him that the fan base wanted him to go - and he would.

I don't think a good percentage of our fans are wealthy enough to stump up £500. That said if 1500 season ticket holders refused to purchase a Season Ticket my trusty calculator says that we would be depriving the 'Blue One' of over £500,000.

That in my opinion will really hurt the greedy man where it matters in his pocket. I know that it won't happen because too many feel that it would be hurting the Club. I'm sorry but drastic actions must be taken to rid us of this money filching tyrant.

I don't think a good percentage of our fans are wealthy enough to stump up £500. That said if 1500 season ticket holders refused to purchase a Season Ticket my trusty calculator says that we would be depriving the 'Blue One' of over £500,000.

That in my opinion will really hurt the greedy man where it matters in his pocket. I know that it won't happen because too many feel that it would be hurting the Club. I'm sorry but drastic actions must be taken to rid us of this money filching tyrant.

Yes, I was there when he made the statement of intent. He arrogantly told people to shut up or put up. He believes we as a fan base have nothing to offer that can hurt him. It may well be that we will go into oblivion so to speak before change.

I think I'll start the ball running. Only another 1,498 season ticket holders now need to join me.

His reply will simply be that the season ticket money governs the playing budget, switching the blame. He then states that it his directors loans that keep the club going close season - same old tripe.

Yes, I was there when he made the statement of intent. He arrogantly told people to shut up or put up. He believes we as a fan base have nothing to offer that can hurt him. It may well be that we will go into oblivion so to speak before change.

I think I'll start the ball running. Only another 1,498 season ticket holders now need to join me.

His reply will simply be that the season ticket money governs the playing budget, switching the blame. He then states that it his directors loans that keep the club going close season - same old tripe.

That arrogant bell end wont get another penny from me either,i've said before that money is his god and his god will urinate on port vale before he leaves a despicable human being doesn't he realise that you don't sew pockets in shrouds.

I struggle to believe that smurf wants to be left with no club but the land

But he might be that stubborn he will go that far to get his money back

Personally I think it’s worth a try and would love see all fans stop attending to see if we can get him out i would prefer to start again with someone with the right intentions owning us if it came to that than ******* about near the bottom of league 2 going from 1 embarrassment to the next

Looks like we are stuck with him for a while.

If there’s an upturn in fortunes the price will rise accordingly as the willingness to sell will reduce.

If things get worse, the value falls and Smurf is less likely to get a buyer as he won’t reduce the price enough to attract a buyer.

The more fans aggressively oppose the owner, the less anyone will want to buy in..

In the short term I think w3 are in the lap of the gods...

Looks like we are stuck with him for a while.

If there’s an upturn in fortunes the price will rise accordingly as the willingness to sell will reduce.

If things get worse, the value falls and Smurf is less likely to get a buyer as he won’t reduce the price enough to attract a buyer.

The more fans aggressively oppose the owner, the less anyone will want to buy in..

In the short term I think w3 are in the lap of the gods...

Post makes sense but we shouldn't just accept the situation. Cash is king.

Not easy but there must be a way?

Archived