onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

We Need To Talk About Norman

Santa

Done the demos, one of about half a dozen to boycott the Crawley game.

Look at the average age of the Vale fanbase, we are not attracting enough younger supporters.

The club is heading into oblivion with Smuthwaite profiting at our expense and love for the Vale.

Changing manager will be more of the same unless we catch someone desperate enough to prove themselves again for a short term.

I am not sure how best we could gather support or the right publicity to remove what is effectively a cancer within our club, what I do know is that if we don't try we are gone anyway.

There needs to be a 'feel' for support - a consensus of opinion from as much of the fan base as possible. How do we do this? hand out fliers, set up a committee?

It will break my heart to see this club go under.

As for Neil Aspin, I do believe he should and could do better. he may know things we don't?

His record and tactics however will result in him losing his job sadly.

Advert

Speedy is a fan as well as a groundsman and like all the folk on here will have his own opinion on the best team to put out.Players will also be told when they haven't put a shift in,in a friendly kind of way of course.😀

Couple of points, Yes he is entitled to an opinion, yes I think he’s a fan,but as a member of staff, he should be doing everything he can,to get that team results, like using the pitch to familiarise players with their position on the pitch, where to be in certain situations etc,just as everyone helps him where possible to do his job, not be obstructive and unhelpful!! Plus he wouldn’t dare go tell popey he hadn’t put a shift in?

******thwaite is not interested in Port Vale. He bought us purely as a business venture and nothing else. If a business is starved of customers and therefore cash it will starve and die, so that is the only way to get rid of this cancerous owner.

STARVE HIM OUT FOR THE GOOD OF OUR FUTURE.

I know it will hurt not going to watch the team at home as I know only too well as I haven't been to a home game for two and a half years as I refuse to put a penny into that man's pocket. I miss going but am doing it my belief (in a very small way)that it is for the long term future of my club. I do go away games to get my fix watching the Vale and will still be at Lincoln on Tuesday.

Great idea if not hows about not entering Vale Park until a certain minute has passed say 20-25th but make all local and national press aware, social media is a great source of getting a story out there and boy do we have a story. Remember the racist claims and the brutality that he reported!!!. We need a sustained effort by at least 1000 of our average 3300 home attendance to make a difference. IM IN...

Great idea if not hows about not entering Vale Park until a certain minute has passed say 20-25th but make all local and national press aware, social media is a great source of getting a story out there and boy do we have a story. Remember the racist claims and the brutality that he reported!!!. We need a sustained effort by at least 1000 of our average 3300 home attendance to make a difference. IM IN...

Totally Agree! Starve him out 👍👍

Anything like this needs thinking through. Starving him out could equally mean starving the club out of existence. He walks away minus some money, we walk away with no Vale or a faux-club in the 10th tier or suchlike.

Quite what we can do l don't know.

All i want to hear on monday is Smurthwaite,Aspin.and all the backroom staff have left the club,put Boomer and Steve Speed in charge for two weeks they are the only two at vale park who are seen to be doing a decent job at the moment.

We shouldn't forget the great bunch of people doing a great job in the Vale academy. So if we're going to look at who we can put in charge in the interim, how about Sevvy Aslam, Mick Ede, Lee Foyle, Griff and all the other coaches who have a proven track record in producing winning teams, developing really promising youngsters, selling them on to Premier clubs, and ranked 33 out of 92 academies in the country. Talk about punching above your weight.

Mick Ede's post match analysis is always spot on and it shows there are people at the club who can talk proper football and produce on the pitch. Half-serious, I know, but could we do any worse? Oldham's youth team manager seemed to do quite well on Saturday in his first outing in charge.

Agree, needs to be thought out but, it’s about money for him, so if it gets to a point of him not making any, or putting his own in, I believe he would sell,and it’s my opinion someone will buy, not many football clubs go to the wall

The club will not go under there are people around who you would hope will step in, we cant just let this buffoon get away with what he is doing, that picture with oysten makes my blood boil. If its all done properly could the Supporters Club not help, it has to be organised well and in a proper manner??

The football is so dire there are few walk ups, in the main its ST holders so don't see the point of a starve em out campaign. The ST's not turning up until after 20 mins of the game however would send a strong message.

We could all gather outside the main entrance on the carpark and chant from there, if we could get 500-1000 ST holders then the noise has to be heard on various media outlets. That would only leave around 2000-2500 inside and it would be noticed. We could then enter the game to cheer on the players/team after the 20 minute mark. Every home game from Jan to May im sure would get some press coverage..

The football is so dire there are few walk ups, in the main its ST holders so don't see the point of a starve em out campaign. The ST's not turning up until after 20 mins of the game however would send a strong message.

Norman isn't bothered about enticing new walk ups. If he was he would take time to realise that Vale not so long ago were enjoying gates of 7,000 regular and that those fans need to be brought back out. He won't do this by charging £22 for the current ******* we are seeing.

Then again, if we are being honest his motives are to kill off the football club and use the land for housing development...which is his ultimate goal it seems

Well its a big day today, I wonder what will come of the meeting between our esteemed leader and Aspin ?

It could be a momentous day OR a damp squib,either back him or sack him Smurthwaite.

It's New Years Eve and I can't see Norm doing anything that would take up valuable drinking time.

Someone in his household might need to hide his phone while Jools Holland is on.

Archived