onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Stoke C U21

Fosse69

I go home and away and I can honestly say I’ve never seen most of the scumbags causing havoc this evening.

The scary thing is we’re not talking 18-25 year olds in a lot of cases, it’s blokes in their 40’s and 50’s. Totally embarrassing.

When the tickets went so quick it was obvious there were so many yobs coming. Young ones yes then maybe they dont go stoke but the older guys will be stoke supporters before even if not now.

Shows what a good thing the premier league has done to rid the club of scum for you.

You may well see them coming back now, now they have a taste for it,

plenty of battles await you in the championship especially ifthes e guys think they are gods

Advert

Enjoyed the atmosphere and the minutes applause from both sets of supporters was to be something to be proud of .

The game well 3 of the four 4 Vale goals were excellently worked goals .

Stokes lads passed it well but Vale over powered them with Pope magnificent .

As for what went on with the toilets and criminal damage well that is so sad happening over a bag of wind .

Vales fans were superb all night there backing was great especially first half ,second half not as much as game won but all the same a goodnights work from Aspin and the team.

Glad its done with now but if anything it will give the Vale players a huge boost going into every game from now on regardless of whether it wasunder 21s or not .

Popes header was sublime .

Montanos second goal wasjust superb the passing and movement tremendous .

Hannants finish beautiful .

UTV

And therein lies the problem with modern day academies, the majority of youngsters just don’t get any competitive game time.

Much better to be in the first team of a lower league club getting games under your belt.

Agree T P but why stop with the youngsters.

Adam , Crouch and many others should have been plying their trade in the championship many years ago, championship players dropping down to div 1 and so on. Much stronger football leagues for all

Sky money has ruined football

When the tickets went so quick it was obvious there were so many yobs coming. Young ones yes then maybe they dont go stoke but the older guys will be stoke supporters before even if not now.

Shows what a good thing the premier league has done to rid the club of scum for you.

You may well see them coming back now, now they have a taste for it,

plenty of battles await you in the championship especially ifthes e guys think they are gods

An element of our away fans are just complete idiots, Premier League or no Premier League.

And I’m not talking about violence, it’s just the total and utter disrespect for their fellow fans/human beings. Throwing beer in the concourses, smoking in the toilets, throwing flares and smoke bombs in confined spaces, abusing people in the street to amuse their like minded mates, fighting fellow fans who dare to challenge them on their behaviour.

People think you should have some kind of bond because you support the same team, balls to that I wouldn’t spent 30 seconds in their company if I had a choice.

And I’m no shrinking violet I’ve followed Stoke all over and seen trouble along the way, but you grow up, and take your kids to games in the same way most of us went with our dads and you cringe when you witness some of the goings on.

An element of our away fans are just complete idiots, Premier League or no Premier League.

And I’m not talking about violence, it’s just the total and utter disrespect for their fellow fans/human beings. Throwing beer in the concourses, smoking in the toilets, throwing flares and smoke bombs in confined spaces, abusing people in the street to amuse their like minded mates, fighting fellow fans who dare to challenge them on their behaviour.

People think you should have some kind of bond because you support the same team, balls to that I wouldn’t spent 30 seconds in their company if I had a choice.

And I’m no shrinking violet I’ve followed Stoke all over and seen trouble along the way, but you grow up, and take your kids to games in the same way most of us went with our dads and you cringe when you witness some of the goings on.

Agree again. Vale have x number like that stoke have far more

Its disgusting to see or hear about

We were all aware of what was going to happen

Would be interesting to maybe get a poll going to see who was going, who is boycotting, and who is undecided.

Personally I won't be there, nor will I be there if we make it to Wembley (as much as it pains me to say). Attending this fixture just gives ammunition to the format. The people at the top will think "Okay, attendances are down, but when an u21 team meets it's rivals it still causes the same amount of interest".

Attending this game is short term thinking, rather than long term thinking. People may think it's a game against our rivals, but the atmosphere won't be the same because the Vale crowd won't be. You could argue that that is the fault of people such as myself, but I would argue that if B teams become a reality in the league then it will be from turnouts in games such as this which will have given the powers that be a reason to do so. By attending we're putting importance on a game that has none.

Let's be honest though - no-one is going to change their mind at this point. Those that want to go won't decide to stay away, whereas those that are choosing to boycott will not be tempted to go. The atmosphere may be slightly more level in comparison to the away end, but it'll still be another thing for them to hold against us. If you turn up you're admitting this is a rivalry, and we can only compete with the kids. If we don't - well they out sold us.

Stoke fans should remember that it wasn't too long ago that this was a competition for them. I'm sure there will be Stoke fans who see the bigger picture because whilst it doesn't particularly affect them now, it could do a few years down the line.

Perhaps a more relevant boycott of the competition should have been to attend the games except for those against u21 sides. At least that would have shown there is still appetite for the cup, just not for the B teams.

Let's get one thing straight - this isn't a derby. I am of an age where I barely remember the last one and I would give anything to draw them in the cup - but this just isn't it.

I would never shout down anyone who wants to attend. I understand the point of going and supporting the boys, as I do week in week out already. This just feels to me like a no-win, empty game. Not as a derby should.

That's just how I feel.

Well said Sir, and saved me at least twenty five minutes typing out your views verbatim.

I wonder what the respective wage bills of the two sides were ?

I'd hazard a guess that their academy system is a joke.

Shenton was the golden boy who could barely get a game at Wrexham and Campbell has a famous dad.

Maximum of maybe one of them will have a career at Stoke , still at least it's development for young English players !!

excellent response, at least the top is off the bottle

I do find it funny when buying a bottle of pop in the railway on matchdays they take the top off presumably so you cant throw the bottles as far yet you can throw a full glass one.

This could cost Vale in the end if it’s in the refs report and the FA act

Honestly would take our two youth products (Smith and Gibbons) over any of there's tonight.

If you gave me a direct choice of their centre half and their right back in a swap for Smith and Gibbons, not a chance.

I wonder what the respective wage bills of the two sides were ?

I'd hazard a guess that their academy system is a joke.

Shenton was the golden boy who could barely get a game at Wrexham and Campbell has a famous dad.

Maximum of maybe one of them will have a career at Stoke , still at least it's development for young English players !!

I have it on good authority that Shenton is on 5k a week with Campbell and Verlinden on more than that. This is another factor in what’s wrong with top flight academies, they’re stockpiling players, paying them ridiculous wages and they’re not getting meaningful game time. Which goes back to Hagrids post above, Smith, Conlon, Vassell and Gibbons aren’t much older if at all than some of their lads and they showed tonight what’s it takes to win games of football, not tippy tappy **** that gets you nowhere. Also how good was it to see the passion from some of the players, I saw Gibbons run over to the paddock on his own after the first and us celebrating in front of their fans for the others too. Some of our lads get lambasted on here (in particular gibbons and smith) for sometimes lacking a bit of quality at times, but you can’t fault their honesty and desire to play for the shirt IMO. I love to see that. You could see what tonight meant to our lads.

Archived