onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Stoke C U21

Fosse69

It was men against boys yet our younger players who cost a fraction of some of Stokes looked far ahead in development.

Let’s be honest anyone good enough would have been loaned out like the lad they have at Mansfield for example. Man City U21s are the only side and possibly Chelsea who are capable of competing against a full strength L2 outfit.

I think the EFL envisioned Man United and Liverpool etc taking part but they didn’t.

Get rid of the 16 academy teams, if they want to keep the format just add in 16 National League sides (they used to have a few in it) and it would be far better attendance and more competitive.

Not one of the 4 U21 sides we’ve played has caused us any worries whatsoever in the games.

In their defence they acquitted themselves well against Sunderland, Morecambe and Carlisle so maybe they just didn’t do themselves justice last night.

Don’t disagree with what you’re saying mind.

Advert

Now if the Stoke fans have any decency and to show they have some form of dignity, they'll turn in these so called fans that cause a stain on their club, but that stain is like skidmarks known to the rest of the footballing fraternity over many years, the sad fact is they bear the name, Stoke City FC, a canker on a proud city we have to share with such SCUM.

If that's the case then send them out on loan to those clubs so they can gain that experience - don't clutter up the EFL Trophy or, God forbid, the EFL itself with U21 sides. Or better still, stop the Prem academies from hoovering up all the best young talent and let them come through the leagues like they used to.

Loans isn't the answer in my opinion.

We need to stop clubs hoovering up all the talent by capping the amount youth team players they can sign. That way the emphasis will be on quality, and the remaining players will filter down and get the game time that they need.

If that's the case then send them out on loan to those clubs so they can gain that experience - don't clutter up the EFL Trophy or, God forbid, the EFL itself with U21 sides. Or better still, stop the Prem academies from hoovering up all the best young talent and let them come through the leagues like they used to.

The problem is that the Premier League got rid of the old fashioned reserve leagues, like the Central League. Teams in those games were a mixture of young lads and old pros who weren't in the first team - it was far more competitive than these U23 leagues. Now we have young lads playing against young lads and the experienced players not in the first team sitting on their backsides. Makes no sense to me.

Anyone notice the official away attendance? 3800 odd. I thought they’d sold 4100 tickets?

Selective reporting so we claimed we had more fans there than them?

I'm wondering whether some of the idiots stayed in the pub and didn't bother, but also whether people with kids decided to stay away after the tension was ramped up a bit. There was actually a waiting list of a couple of hundred as well so as you say it makes no sense.

I left before the end with my two and in hindsight wouldn't have taken them.

Congratulations by the way to the two brave Vale fans who decided to get in my face and start gobbing off down near Dimensions whilst I had my 10 and 8 year olds either side of me, but a massive thank you to the 4/5 Vale fans who stepped in and told them to wind their necks in.

I'm wondering whether some of the idiots stayed in the pub and didn't bother, but also whether people with kids decided to stay away after the tension was ramped up a bit. There was actually a waiting list of a couple of hundred as well so as you say it makes no sense.

Congratulations by the way to the two brave Vale fans who decided to get in my face and start gobbing off down near Dimensions whilst I had my 10 and 8 year olds either side of me, but a massive thank you to the 4/5 Vale fans who stepped in and told them to wind their necks in.

Sorry you had to experience that. These types of games really do bring out the worst in some people. No excuse.

If ‘fans’ want to have A ruck with like minded people, that’s one thing, however to involve people who have no interest (especially someone with kids) is beyond pathetic.

Sorry you had to experience that. These types of games really do bring out the worst in some people. No excuse.

If ‘fans’ want to have A ruck with like minded people, that’s one thing, however to involve people who have no interest (especially someone with kids) is beyond pathetic.

No need to apologise mate it's happened to me at Chesterfield, Luton Town and all manner of random grounds. Every club has it's mouth breathers, and last night we had a lot more than many.

It's more of a reflection of the feckless society we live in these days.

Arrogant big club stoke fan's embarrassed themselves to be knuckle dragging ******. They don't care about Vale despite bringing 4000 fans to watch some players who will never be good enough for the first team look completely lost on a football pitch.

The competition was shown to be the mockery that it is. Young players should learn their trade in the conference and if they can step up, they step up to league football.

What part of the ground were you in TP if you managed to get out before the final whistle?

By the way sorry you were confronted especially with young children in tow. Pleased there were other Vale fans that came to your aid.

Anyone notice the official away attendance? 3800 odd. I thought they’d sold 4100 tickets?

Selective reporting so we claimed we had more fans there than them?

It is the same at the Brit where some must come dressed as empty seats, if the attendance figures are to be believed.

Archived