onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Stoke C U21

Fosse69

Advert

Tonight went as predicted.

-An easy, routine win for Vale against Sjoke.

-A game in which our six youngsters looked far better than their young players due to the desire to win the game.

-A night when we all emerged with dignity and integrity (as shown by our club captain and legend, Mr Tom Pope, in his superb radio interview after the match).

-The significant number of Neanderthals on the Hamil End showed they were only interested in taking the p out of us rather than supporting their own u21 team and demonstrated yet again what sore losers they are by their disgraceful behaviour tonight, both inside the ground and before the game.

No doubt tomorrow will be just as predictable with the police and Sentinel somehow implicating our club in the outrageous behaviour of the Sjoke fans, the FA no doubt finding something to charge us for and the oh so predictable bleat of "it was only our kids you beat" from the lardies.

I didn't think tonight would go quite as well as it did for PVFC but Sjoke proved that we can still win against them in a "No win" situation.

You'll never beat the Vale!

Bring on your first team in the next few years in League 1, which is where we're both heading.

Proud to be Vale tonight!

UTV VTID

Gosh Doha, I thought I hated Stoke ! But you put me into a cocked hat !

Fair play to you son !

I'm one of many. This is why.

I notice there is a video on Facebook of so called Stoke fans singing "kick cfuk out of Vale" as they are jumping on some women's car up Hamil road about 11pm tonight. Just an innocent women who happens to live near a football ground. What the hell goes through these scumbags heads

I notice there is a video on Facebook of so called Stoke fans singing "kick cfuk out of Vale" as they are jumping on some women's car up Hamil road about 11pm tonight. Just an innocent women who happens to live near a football ground. What the hell goes through these scumbags heads

Each copper had a bodycam on last night + all the fixed cctv. This horrible Stoke rat will be recognised.

giphy.gif

hRsT88I.png

sBZHcii.png

47502921_2017000285058907_7071692905886253056_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-1.fna&oh=63ac0683e67a9995d248a0c9cc980637&oe=5CA69432

Whilst I am really glad we smacked their arses, this sort of result shows why proper football fans show such contempt for this tournament in its present form.

In league football, we can hardly buy a goal, yet here we are 3 up by half time.

Does this mean that the top two tier teams don’t care either, or that youngsters at these teams are no more than wannabe players ?

One thing is for sure, no matter what sponsors may say in it’s current format this tournament benefits neither academy players or, more importantly, the teams it was designated for.

So my advice to lower league owners is stop selling your soul and give the competition back to the supporters.

Before it’s too late.

It doesn’t hurt in the slightest, genuinely not one iota. The youngsters weren’t great, once Vale picked their strongest team it was always destined to go that way.

Just disappointing that a load of idiots ruined the occasion.

Bit of a reality check needed I think.

Our starting 11 included ‘veterans’ Gibbons, Smith, Vassell and Conlon - all aged between 20 and 22.

It also included Rawlinson , Vassell (again) Hannant and Manny, all of whom were playing non league football last season. Throw back in Gibbo and Conlon in their first full season of being first team squad regulars. Hardly an expensively assembled experienced lower league team.

No doubt many of the ‘Academy’ side have better wages and cars already than our lads, but on last nights evidence I cannot think of one who looked like he might forge a career out of the game

Re: violence / vandalism. An absolute disgrace to our city - hopefully a big bill sitting on Peter / Denise’s desk that they can easily settle from their loose change.

We're a club on the up and they are very much a club on a downward spiral and that is very difficult to stop.

Already ditched from Bet365 advertising, and when Peter eventually pops his clogs Denise will disappear into the sunset with her wedge and their first team will be back in this Tournament

We're a club on the up and they are very much a club on a downward spiral and that is very difficult to stop.

Just out of interest how are you a club on the up?

And therein lies the problem with modern day academies, the majority of youngsters just don’t get any competitive game time.

Much better to be in the first team of a lower league club getting games under your belt.

If that's the case then send them out on loan to those clubs so they can gain that experience - don't clutter up the EFL Trophy or, God forbid, the EFL itself with U21 sides. Or better still, stop the Prem academies from hoovering up all the best young talent and let them come through the leagues like they used to.

It was men against boys yet our younger players who cost a fraction of some of Stokes looked far ahead in development.

Let’s be honest anyone good enough would have been loaned out like the lad they have at Mansfield for example. Man City U21s are the only side and possibly Chelsea who are capable of competing against a full strength L2 outfit.

I think the EFL envisioned Man United and Liverpool etc taking part but they didn’t.

Get rid of the 16 academy teams, if they want to keep the format just add in 16 National League sides (they used to have a few in it) and it would be far better attendance and more competitive.

Not one of the 4 U21 sides we’ve played has caused us any worries whatsoever in the games.

Archived