onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Bury

Fosse69

Advert

Lainton's doing very well with Wrexham, ever present this season.

He is not as good as Brown and probably not now better than Hornby. And miles more risky with his career injury record. Stay in Wrexham with a chance of a promotion and regular football.

He gets no service whatsoever.

This is key. The service and chance creation in the team is very poor right now.

As I've been saying since the summer, a couple of flying wingers would transform this side. Imagine the current players with a JMW and a Vincent supplying the ammo for Pope and Miller with everyone else grafting behind them. We'd be far more effective.

I feel we could sign any of the current L2 top scorer and they wouldn't continue scoring with our service.

Forget new strikers, our scouts should be scouring the country for wingers ready for January.

Winners are always lucky Realism.Long Live Luck.
Spot on winners are always lucky, luck endeavour and a bit of skill wins games of football, arsenal play pretty football load of possession, but does not win games.we are improving the players confidence and skill level will get better, we then hopefully will have all the elements to progress up the table, Luck/Endeavour /Confidences/Skill and a fan base that supports the team, the goals will come, keep believing, up the Vale.

I gave the Bury player the benefit of the doubt from Lorne Street, but seeing that again his arm is out and the keeper would have needed to save. So it was a pen. This is a quirk of the game in England where we are out of line with pretty much the rest of the world. The reason all the foreign players put hands behind back is because ball strikes hand is always given as a penalty. So there is no controversy about intention. Could have done with a Spanish referee!

Anyway, our win is getting better, with analysis.

For me the swap of Whitfield for Miller gave us our best period of play in the game. Miller was poor and din’t press a dodgy back line enough.

Interestingly, I’d say the exact opposite wrt the Stevenage game where the reverse substitution made all the difference.

It points to an issue about consistency and also makes me sympathise with Aspin regarding team selection decisions.

A lot of teams have one winger/speed merchant on one side of the pitch - a player who can dribble with the ball at pace and beat the full back and get to the byline. We don't have one, so one would be a good start.

Bury finished the game with two wingers playing, after Moore came on.

Man City play with two wingers quite often - Sane and Sterling. They hug the touchline and make the pitch bigger, but are also good enough to cut inside, swap positions and play in other formations.

I'm not arguing against the need for another striker (or two!) - first to cover for Pope and second (possibly) to replace Miller. But I still think they need much better service and a quick winger and creative/goalscoring box to box midfielder would help us a lot.

Defenders at all levels hate facing pace. That's partly why the likes of City, Liverpool, Chelsea, etc. are so good - they've got fast players in the final third. We don't have them. Whitfield at his best. Maybe Kanu but he doesn't get a game. After that we have a squad packed with slow players, another reason why we go back and square a lot of the time.

Archived