Vale Park Pitch

philmpv

Has the pitch been taken up? I only ask as it looks like that's the case from today's Sentinel photo showing Scott Brown in front of a bare expanse of earth!

If it is the case, I really hope it's not just being relaid with no steps being taken to address the base/drainage issues, although I'm not sure how much extra this would cost.

If it is all being addressed, however, I wonder what the new excuse will be for any **** poor performances next season from the players! :-)

Advert:

I saw something on twitter (might have been unofficialvale but couldn't confirm that!) that the EFL had demanded we sort the pitch out, although not sure how accurate that is but its clearly been dug up!

Bradford are having to do something similar after having a number of games postponed and having to answer the EFL as to why.. I think the pretty terrible weather we had should make it self explanatory to be honest.

Bradford are digging up and replacing their 30 year old drainage system and having a new pitch re-laid at a cost of about 250k I believe.

Advert:

Bradford are having to do something similar after having a number of games postponed and having to answer the EFL as to why.. I think the pretty terrible weather we had should make it self explanatory to be honest.

Bradford are digging up and replacing their 30 year old drainage system and having a new pitch re-laid at a cost of about 250k I believe.

If a similar exercise at the Vale, I am surprised that the lorry traffic has not been noticed by people visiting/passing the ground. Maybe just a re-seeding with a generous amount of sand. Think I remember a quote of about £500k for a full replacement of drains, clay, etc.

If a similar exercise at the Vale, I am surprised that the lorry traffic has not been noticed by people visiting/passing the ground. Maybe just a re-seeding with a generous amount of sand. Think I remember a quote of about £500k for a full replacement of drains, clay, etc.

To be fair, the local residents are probably used to lorries turning up in summer now, given the vast amounts of deadwood we've been bringing in over the last 2 years

Really wish they'd widen the pitch back to the size it was before Micky Adams had it reduced. The game was closer to the railway paddock before. Might help with the atmosphere if more supporters were closer to the action and able to get more pressure on near side officials to make correct decisions

Advert:

Isn't it just covered with some sandy looking cover. Various local cup finals have been played on the pitch recently, wouldn't have thought that they'd have been able to rip it up that quickly. Stand to be corrected though.
Probably just re-seeded?

Advert:

Archived