onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite in talks with buyers who want to buy the club while he owns the ground

robf

Still no word from the blue one about last Friday :blush:

He’s already forgotten he said that.

He always reminds me of a small child who when questioned about some misdemeanour, panics and says the first thing that comes into its head, no matter how absurd it is.

And boy, as he come out with some absurd things.

Advert

There are no circumstances I am aware of, where GD counts for 3 extra points. I'm trying, but just can't see it

it's worth a point no more no less,who could be saying that it's worth 3 points????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

He always reminds me of a small child who when questioned about some misdemeanour, panics and says the first thing that comes into its head, no matter how absurd it is.

It reminds me of the old TV series , Fantasy Island. I keep looking for " De Plane, De Plane"

I think this might be one of those things that Smurthwaite says that we hear nothing about. He talks so much nonsense that some nonsense gets completely forgotten about. Only highlights get remembered such as saying he forced Page out and that he apparently got beaten up in the car park.

I imagine if there were buyers who were considering paying the exclusivity fee then they did some research and saw that there is a history of parties paying £50,000 and not proceeding with any purchase.

I would question the suitability of any investor who only wants the club and not the ground. If they haven't got the money for both then that's no good to us. There probably are investors daft enough to do this though without checking out what happens when someone else owns the ground (Coventry).

My advice to NS is this: If he wants to get a good price for Vale then he needs to invest and back Aspin. Employing Rudge and Aspin is the best Vale could ever get outside of Pep Guardiola turning up and some Arabs. There is nobody more suitable and I thank NS for it. But NS needs to back his man and get his investment growing. There's no point in placating fans with a managerial appointment if there's nothing happening on the field.

I rarely get to matches these days but on Saturday I looked around the ground at the blank advertising boards, half finished stand and empty executive boxes and felt sad. Why aren't people advertising? There were 6000 people there on Saturday. 6000 potential customers.

I would question the suitability of any investor who only wants the club and not the ground. If they haven't got the money for both then that's no good to us. There probably are investors daft enough to do this though without checking out what happens when someone else owns the ground (Coventry).

My advice to NS is this: If he wants to get a good price for Vale then he needs to invest and back Aspin. Employing Rudge and Aspin is the best Vale could ever get outside of Pep Guardiola turning up and some Arabs. There is nobody more suitable and I thank NS for it. But NS needs to back his man and get his investment growing. There's no point in placating fans with a managerial appointment if there's nothing happening on the field.

I rarely get to matches these days but on Saturday I looked around the ground at the blank advertising boards, half finished stand and empty executive boxes and felt sad. Why aren't people advertising? There were 6000 people there on Saturday. 6000 potential customers.

A club in L1 on the rise would surely be more attractive to a buyer, whether NS thinks that way who knows? Whether he will back Aspin/Rudge in the Summer who knows? As regards the ownership of the ground, I would need to know how the income from the commercial aspects are split. Clubs renting off councils can have super deals paying little rent and running the commercial aspects for the benefit of the club, whereas Cov were the complete opposite. It is possible for someone to have sufficient to buy the club, future income to cover shortfalls until they can improve the clubs finances, and in the future to take out a loan or find partners to buy the ground. Scary I know, but with little understanding of the current financial situation of the club, pure speculation.

I listened in disbelief when the almighty one questioned at the recent Fans meeting what was the point of advertising boards at Vale Park?

Maybe if ten boards were sold for £200 a season thats 2k towards a bill, 2k he wont have to put in himself.

How many grounds in the world dont have advertising?

Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves,this is where his customer based business acumen falls flat on it's face.

Probably because our esteemed owner said at a forum that he found it a pointless exercise and that he would never advertise his company at a football ground!

I listened in disbelief when the almighty one questioned at the recent Fans meeting what was the point of advertising boards at Vale Park?

Maybe if ten boards were sold for £200 a season thats 2k towards a bill, 2k he wont have to put in himself.

How many grounds in the world dont have advertising?

Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves,this is where his customer based business acumen falls flat on it's face.

For once, I'm speechless. The bloke is absolutely clueless.

I remember him having the same attitude towards match sponsors not long after we got promoted. He didn’t like it. Not a priority.

We seem to have struggled ever since, the club’s accountants seem to jump in and sponsor every other home game these days. This is basic bread and butter stuff.

Norman considers himself a wizard of the deal having never lost one but his shortcomings are now visible for everyone to see, his interpersonal skills and his marketing abilities are woeful,his knowledge of football and it's stadia are zero and as long as he can screw every penny out of the club without over exerting his input then he wont care what league the club is in imho of course.:ninja::ninja::shutup:

Archived