onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite in talks with buyers who want to buy the club while he owns the ground

robf

Probably because our esteemed owner said at a forum that he found it a pointless exercise and that he would never advertise his company at a football ground!

hes 100% right here, its a dead media bar companies that are fans and want to make a contribution, however in terms of value for money advertising it might as well be a charity donation from a business to PVFC. Who in this day and age where you can market via social media picking the age, location, interests etc.. and directly market to your target group would you decide to pay to to have a board at a football ground which is will be seen no more than 30 times inside 12 months by around 5000 people who are very unlikey to all be your target audience?

Bear in mind for £50 you can hit 20,000 people in your target market and location inside 3 days on facebook

Advert

hes 100% right here, its a dead media bar companies that are fans and want to make a contribution, however in terms of value for money advertising it might as well be a charity donation from a business to PVFC. Who in this day and age where you can market via social media picking the age, location, interests etc.. and directly market to your target group would you decide to pay to to have a board at a football ground which is will be seen no more than 30 times inside 12 months by around 5000 people who are very unlikey to all be your target audience?

Bear in mind for £50 you can hit 20,000 people in your target market and location inside 3 days on facebook

all of which begs the question why do other clubs have full boards around the ground?

When you look at the age profile of our support I suspect a considerable number of them have never heard of Facebook!!

I listened in disbelief when the almighty one questioned at the recent Fans meeting what was the point of advertising boards at Vale Park?

Maybe if ten boards were sold for £200 a season thats 2k towards a bill, 2k he wont have to put in himself.

How many grounds in the world dont have advertising?

Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves,this is where his customer based business acumen falls flat on it's face.

I’d have half a dozen boards a season for my company at £200 each. Don’t really need to but I’d feel good putting something worthwhile into the club. What dya reckon Smurf...?

When you look at the age profile of our support I suspect a considerable number of them have never heard of Facebook!!

Like wise though if we are after companies to spend big bucks with us is the 60-90 year old market the key focus for big businesses these days? Don’t get me wrong for some businesses I’m sure there’s interest certainly interest but our average home support isn’t likely to be of massive interest.

The loss of small businesses locally and how the town has died also reflects on the opportunities to sell the boards I think pretty much the only businesses in Burslem are pubs and curry houses who I can’t really see much benefit gained from a board at a football stadium.

That’s why Castle Comfort advertise and sponsor matches.

Seriously though it’s no use blaming Norman he employs people to promote Port Vale but they sit ************ waiting for the phone to ring.

There are too many people stealing a wage.

Supposedly he has 312 employees so what do they do?

Seriously though it’s no use blaming Norman he employs people to promote Port Vale but they sit ************ waiting for the phone to ring.

Bloody good question that.

Seriously though it’s no use blaming Norman he employs people to promote Port Vale but they sit on their fat @rses waiting for the phone to ring.

NS doesn’t allow any of his staff to do the job they are employed to do. They are scared to make any decisions themselves.

heard of it and twitter and am requested every day to sign up but wont as it causes so much trouble on a daily basis and as for that turd selling peoples info he deserves a bullet.Faceache twatter Skype bitcoin etherreum or summat and that rubbish limekiln or some name or other are out of bounds to me,i dunner wanner no.

NS doesn’t allow any of his staff to do the job they are employed to do. They are scared to make any decisions themselves.

That could be true as norm fancies himself as the top banana and is highly suspicious of anyone who thinks for themselves ,plenty of examples of that at the supporters forum.

[quote name=

Caroline Oakes]NS doesn’t allow any of his staff to do the job they are employed to do. They are scared to make any decisions themselves.

If true, that explains so much of the lack of imagination, drive or creativity in sustaining and growing income streams.

Archived