onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite in talks with buyers who want to buy the club while he owns the ground

robf

Advert

What kind of companies pay 50K to just look at a potential business purchase books? Especially when it’s not as though there are lots of other bidders? Even more so when they can’t even afford to buy the whole thing. Where does he keep finding these mugs willing to keep giving him money.

There’s no reason to pay 50k if they look at the current accounts.

He is using these supposed bidders to cover his @rse until the end of the season then he can spend some of the Hugill money on his jolly holidays where he can dream up more ways of cost cutting his outgoings.

Even now with our current situation do you still think getting rid of V2001 was the right thing to do?

Jesus wept you won’t give with attempting your revisionist history of v2001. They gave away shares to two con men. They took the club into administration which would have seen the end of port vale were it not for the council. ‘We’ tried to get rid of v2001, but they held on and instead took us into admin. And even if they hadn’t, they wouldn’t have got us promoted.

I’m afraid he has already done more than enough irreparable damage. 1,000 fans off our hardcore support for a start.

Proof please.

So far,our average gate in a league lower is only 300 less than last season when we had the big boys Sheff.Utd and Bolton filling our away end.

Proof please.

So far,our average gate in a league lower is only 300 less than last season when we had the big boys Sheff.Utd and Bolton filling our away end.

Now compare the average since he took over 5 years ago. Constant, steady, decline. Proof enough?

What is it about Smurthwaite that makes you support him? League position? Quality of squad? Losses? Debt? Reputational damage? Divided fanbase? Falling attendances? His lack of honesty and integrity? I'm intrigued.

Now compare the average since he took over 5 years ago. Constant, steady, decline. Proof enough?

What is it about Smurthwaite that makes you support him? League position? Quality of squad? Losses? Debt? Reputational damage? Divided fanbase? Falling attendances? His lack of honesty and integrity? I'm intrigued.

I'm intrigued why you assume that I support him?I'm disputing the fact that pjg1876 stated that we've lost 1000 fans.

All I did was ask for proof from him about attendances to back his statement up.

Perhaps you would like to answer on his behalf?

Didn't we also get money for a youngster that Man City snapped up?

£250k apparently.Not sure that has been shown anywhere in the books or not.I can’t remember reading anything official about it.Cant remember Smurf saying anything about it at any meetings.It was a question that I wanted to ask at the last Smurf meeting but didn’t get chance to ask.

You have a lost fan here, season ticket for many years including this season. I have been to 3 games all season. Sadly The passion has gone. I have bought season tickets to help the club financially but this season will be my last one

You have a lost fan here, season ticket for many years including this season. I have been to 3 games all season. Sadly The passion has gone. I have bought season tickets to help the club financially but this season will be my last one

This is now the problem. There’s no hope. Even in the dark 60’s days when we were expelled from the league, there was always hope of brighter days on the horizon. The only thing on the horizon now is Storm Norm heading directly for Burslem. Dark, dark days indeed.

Another one here who after over 50 years no longer has the enthusiasm to attend the matches any more,still have a season ticket but have missed more games than I have attended this season.to be fair ill health has played a part but in the past that would not have stopped me and for most of the 70s a home match for me involved travelling from either Plymouth or Scotland.If as it seems it is Stormin Normans intention, to kill off our club,he's well on his way to achieving his aim.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

1. People will never buy the club without the stadium.

2. The sale price is vastly inflated.

3. Smurfthwaite knows that.

4. He doesn’t want to sell.

5. Somehow he’s making money out of the Vale.

6. He has us over a barrel.

7. Everyone’s as depressed as I am.

8. I see no resolution.

9. Is he for real ?

10Err, That’s it.

But what IS the sale price.When asked at the latest meeting he wouldn't say! .... Think his reply was something like nothing to do with you.

Archived