onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite in talks with buyers who want to buy the club while he owns the ground

robf

Hagrid and essexvale have just eloquently expressed their thoughts that I applaud and echo completely. I love Port Vale and will continue to support my Club even though I have nothing but pessimistic and disbelief feelings towards the man who remains completely unwanted and untrustworthy. I would love to join a campaign to oust Smurthwaite but accept there are too many true Valiants now not willing to fight against an individual who will never gain my trust or admiration. I sincerely hope that justice eventually is seen to be delivered to our fantastic Club by way of Smurthwaite experiencing what he is sowing. You know, those that belittle and sneer at their paying customers, must surely reap the backlash in the future. I for one can't wait for the man to walk away from us with his tail between his legs and having realised a loss to his investment, with truth and honesty ringing in his ears that he should have shown respect to the good name of Port Vale F C.

Can't wait for the game after he has gone and the ground is full of the people that don't go anymore

Advert

Genuinely believe the guy has a mental health problem that needs urgent treatment.

Nar, he's a devious and manipulative business man who is milking the club and filling his wallet as we post,difficult to deal with and money is his god so he'll find a way to fill his boots whatever league we are in,never underestimate him, he has no conscience, ethics scruples or integrity but he will make money out of thin air.that is my honest opinion.

And the 15 years of incompetence before our present owner, easy to sit back and complain, guaranteeing success is the problem, instant for most, or we are back down the same dark tunnel of despair who ever owes the club.

I don't want guaranteed success. No one should expect that. What I want is a club I can be proud of, that is run with honesty and interity as an integral part of its community. I don't want to support a club which has an owner who is, seemingly, a pariah in the football world and who treats lifelong fans with utter contempt.

Meanwhile at Smurthwaite's mentor's club Blackpool. The Oystons were due to pay Valeri Belokon the £21m balance of the money they owe him and guess what, they have tried to put off paying by saying that they have investors interested in buying into Blackpool and there could be more information regarding this tomorrow. Yes the same day as our us. Wow, what a coincidence.

I have separated emotion from this response. I have put my business and analysis head on. His boastfulness about developing an "exclusivity" income stream is preposterous. Such comments will do nothing but scare away potential buyers. How many times can anyone peddle out exclusivity? His lawyers will have written the past agreements to gag the other parties from commenting. I am sure he hopes this silence will further underpin Mr Smurthwaite's self publicity as a mysterious business guru.

His further assertion that he will decide, after taking this exclusivity money, whether or not the potential buyer is suitable adds to my incredulity. Why would any organisation stump up a hefty sum of money to look at the books and have an "exclusive" negotiating period only for the seller to pull the plug later? However Mr Smurthwaite gets to keep the money and potential buyers are contracted to a legal vow of silence.

He then says he will take a more hands on role if the fans wish him to do so. This whole episode is a juvenile ill conceived ploy to put him back to an opeational role. I have no doubt that he is making money from the club. His asurd assertion that you cannot touch season ticket money until 1 August defies belief. The Club's accounting team will have a carefully calculated cash flow projection to work towards.

His comments now, and his comments at the Supporters Club meeting directly contradict the accounts produced and add to our every growing confusion. Now he is hoping to gain our silence with his claims at being close to a sale.

Mr Smurthwaite's business methods and communications remind me a lot of Donald Trump. Both practice self-aggrandizement but without anything of substance to back up their practice.

It is my belief that he has no intention of selling Port Vale. His ongoing stories and claims are strethcing the patience of everyone.

I would think that if anyone is willing to pay £50k for exclusivity then a price would have had to have been agreed (or be very close to be agreed).

Like you say, people aren't going to keep paying £50k if the seller can pull the rug from under them and keep the cash.

Either that or there's something in the books that Smurf knows will put every potential buyer off.

Or there's no buyer at all.

Who knows.

They want throwing in Broadmoor then!!

Usually the fee paid for exclusivity is knocked off the agreed purchase price. Only genuine buyers who are fairly certain they will proceed pay such a fee. This is why it is so odd that prospective buyers have paid this fee yet not proceeded. What did they find that put them off?

Archived