onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale made a profit.

melv

I think the Bruno saga may have been his pulling out of a level of spending that relied on a good cup run for hime to be prepared to sustain. He was looking for a clever angle to run the thing getting more for less which he observes others doing. Spectacular failure.

Advert

Different accounting periods Melv

According to Norman, he was in discussions with the Boston group before Synectics came on the scene so can we assume the first exclusivity payment was made by them before Synectics, in which case it would be in the period covered by these accounts. Add on the Norwegian £50K and that makes £150k in that period??? Norman will tell me I'm lying though so you may as well all ignore this.

I think the Bruno saga may have been his pulling out of a level of spending that relied on a good cup run for hime to be prepared to sustain. He was looking for a clever angle to run the thing getting more for less which he observes others doing. Spectacular failure.

He doesn't realize things like Accrington Stanley take years to build. Then it is a bit of luck one season after years of trying and rebuilding. Things under Page were headed in a better direction and he dismantled that one. That's history now. However if he wants do things on the cheap he needs understand we could be lurking for a while before anything good, if it does happen.

It seems that NS is not always telling the truth when he speaks. Or not ever telling the truth. Who knows? The trust is gone and we're on a steep and rapid decline that mirrors the likes of Darlington. Enough is enough. Get out of our club.

Nail on the head there mate. All trust(even if there was any in the 1st place)has evaporated in Smurthwiate after the constant blurb he has spouted, contradicting himself time after time. He says things on the spur of the moment to suit himself and does not possess the nous to realise that fans now dissect EVERY little thing he comes out with.

How can any of us trust in him at all? Without trust he has nothing as far as fans are concerned.

Looks like he is running a very tight ship with little money for players and it will be more of the same next year.

Who are the over 300 employees.

Has he got loads of staff on zero hour contracts.

Surely he is exploiting these people or has loads of apprentices.

Pity his meeting with the fans wasn’t after the accounts were posted he would have a lot of difficult questions to answer.

Maybe Radio Joke or the Sentinel should challenge him publicly.

Shame that relegation is supposed to have cost us £600,000 in lost revenue.

So the drop in revenue in 17/18 will eat up any profit we made in 16/17.

When you consider we went down for the sake of a couple of points (or one single goal on the final day at Fleetwood), it makes you wonder what could have happened even if just a small amount of that £400,000 profit was reinvested into the team on, say, a competent goalkeeper.

So the drop in revenue in 17/18 will eat up any profit we made in 16/17.

When you consider we went down for the sake of a couple of points (or one single goal on the final day at Fleetwood), it makes you wonder what could have happened even if just a small amount of that £400,000 profit was reinvested into the team on, say, a competent goalkeeper.

Or employing an experienced manager rather than the cheapest and most convenient one.

You could also point to 1 goal in our last 7 games, and the sickening late equalizer at Gillingham.

We may be losing a lot per month, as monthly income would be very low (not many paying on the gate etc) but we will get the majority of our income at the start of the season (season tickets, boxes, sponsorship etc) so the figures dont overly surprise me.

Norman was using scaremongering tactics saying we’re losing £160k a month (I doubt very much it’s that high) but the only figure that counts is the profit / loss per annum, which this report proves is positive.

With the Hugil money I expect next seasons to be similar. Which means jack **** if we’re out of the football league.

I'm not defending Norman, but from memory, didn't he state that we would be losing £160K per month during the summer? If I'm correct in that recall, then at least these figures would make a little more sense as we're obviously going to struggle with cashflow during the summer as opposed to the season's activities and income.

I'm not defending Norman, but from memory, didn't he state that we would be losing £160K per month during the summer? If I'm correct in that recall, then at least these figures would make a little more sense as we're obviously going to struggle with cashflow during the summer as opposed to the season's activities and income.

He said we need £800k to get through the summer. The £160k per month losses were definitely past and present tense.

The cashflow issue would be less severe if we had more gate money to tide us over.

We don't get enough gate money because we continually make a hash of season ticket sales and ticket promotions. The absolute shambles of last weekend's "offer" proves beyond doubt that the club don't have the first clue on how to market themselves.

According to Norman, he was in discussions with the Boston group before Synectics came on the scene so can we assume the first exclusivity payment was made by them before Synectics, in which case it would be in the period covered by these accounts. Add on the Norwegian £50K and that makes £150k in that period??? Norman will tell me I'm lying though so you may as well all ignore this.

The problem is that Norman believes in fairies and that some idiot will come along and offer him 5 to 6 million to buy the club.He lives in fantasy land.

Does anyone actually think that any Football Club owner tells the complete truth to the fans. They are a bit like the Government in telling us things to keep us in line. Stop being so naïve.

Continually calling the Chairman a liar is not helping and is achieving absolute diddly squat.

Archived