onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale made a profit.

melv

Does anyone actually think that any Football Club owner tells the complete truth to the fans. They are a bit like the Government in telling us things to keep us in line. Stop being so naïve.

Continually calling the Chairman a liar is not helping and is achieving absolute diddly squat.

Did fans used to get this into the politics of football before the birth of the internet?

Advert

Does anyone actually think that any Football Club owner tells the complete truth to the fans. They are a bit like the Government in telling us things to keep us in line. Stop being so naïve.

Continually calling the Chairman a liar is not helping and is achieving absolute diddly squat.

I'm pretty sure some do. Besides, if Norman's blatant lies are to keep fans in line, that's something else he's **** at.

Holding him to account is simply the right thing to do. Nodding and accepting everything he says is what doesn't help. He craves attention, approval and adulation. Those that defend him spur him on. They're not Vale fans basically, they support Smurthwaite, not the club.

I'm pretty sure some do. Besides, if Norman's blatant lies are to keep fans in line, that's something else he's **** at.

Holding him to account is simply the right thing to do. Nodding and accepting everything he says is what doesn't help. He craves attention, approval and adulation. Those that defend him spur him on. They're not Vale fans basically, they support Smurthwaite, not the club.

I agree in some of what you say that we absolutely shouldn't just accept what he says but spending 3 years on here calling him a liar has achieved what? We have barely heard from the man in what 8 months? I didn't attend the fans forum but I agree a lot of what he has said is confusing and contradictory.

When Norman took over the club he was on a crest of a wave and Mickey Adams pretty much took us to our ceiling. Since then when it was left to Norman he has massively made a mess of it.. he has admitted this and tried to now rectify it by bringing in Garlick, Rudge and Aspin. You can see all over the football league how difficult it is to stop a club in freefall. I honestly believe that if we stay up then we can actually start to look forward again and that Norman will start to get things right.

They're not Vale fans basically, they support Smurthwaite, not the club.

I know this is a line that you love to peddle, its meant to belittle and undermine anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion. I have always supported Vale and it seems that if you don't tow the line that EVERYTHING that is wrong with Port Vale is down to Smurthwaite then you are a Smurfette or some other infant school play on words. You can even believe that NS should sell up but if you don't also blame him for everything else you aren't a Vale fan anymore. Who the **** are you? the Port Vale fan gatekeeper? Get yourself ****** mate!

I agree in some of what you say that we absolutely shouldn't just accept what he says but spending 3 years on here calling him a liar has achieved what? We have barely heard from the man in what 8 months? I didn't attend the fans forum but I agree a lot of what he has said is confusing and contradictory.

When Norman took over the club he was on a crest of a wave and Mickey Adams pretty much took us to our ceiling. Since then when it was left to Norman he has massively made a mess of it.. he has admitted this and tried to now rectify it by bringing in Garlick, Rudge and Aspin. You can see all over the football league how difficult it is to stop a club in freefall. I honestly believe that if we stay up then we can actually start to look forward again and that Norman will start to get things right.

Bearing in mind his track record so far, why do you think he can get things right. At the forum he was asked what his plans are, that was his chance to sell his vision. His reply? God willing we'll get promoted next season...that's it. Lazy. Pathetic. Destined to fail whilst he continues destroying the club.

Bearing in mind his track record so far, why do you think he can get things right. At the forum he was asked what his plans are, that was his chance to sell his vision. His reply? God willing we'll get promoted next season...that's it. Lazy. Pathetic. Destined to fail whilst he continues destroying the club.

Because like it or not blind hope is all that we have... He is the owner of our football club and moaning about it on a forum consistently for 3 years has done nothing but create once again a huge divide, and again ill reiterate that I understand that most of this is Normans own doing.

We can do absolutely nothing but HOPE that things improve. I am praying we stay up and I'm praying that Norman then lets Rudge and Aspin rebuild what has been a mess on the pitch for the last few transfer windows.

Because like it or not blind hope is all that we have... He is the owner of our football club and moaning about it on a forum consistently for 3 years has done nothing but create once again a huge divide, and again ill reiterate that I understand that most of this is Normans own doing.

We can do absolutely nothing but HOPE that things improve. I am praying we stay up and I'm praying that Norman then lets Rudge and Aspin rebuild what has been a mess on the pitch for the last few transfer windows.

Blind hope is all we have? How about running the club in a strategic, intelligent manner with the aim of making incremental improvements?

I know this is a line that you love to peddle, its meant to belittle and undermine anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion. I have always supported Vale and it seems that if you don't tow the line that EVERYTHING that is wrong with Port Vale is down to Smurthwaite then you are a Smurfette or some other infant school play on words. You can even believe that NS should sell up but if you don't also blame him for everything else you aren't a Vale fan anymore. Who the **** are you? the Port Vale fan gatekeeper? Get yourself ****** mate!
It's not meant to belittle anyone, I just think it's the truth. Given his record to date; the debt we're in, the decline he's caused, the damage to our reputation, the lies he's repeatedly coming out with, and the lack of any kind of plan or vision for the club, then surely no genuine Vale fan that wants the best for the club, can continue to support him. There's no longer any lingering doubt that the man is destroying the club, there's no one left that doesn't acknowledge that fact, and yet he still has his supporters. There are far better alternatives for the club, and anyone that's not too lazy to look beyond Smurfs lies can see that. So why support the man that is single handedly to blame for our demise. If anyone still does support him, their loyalty to Port Vale surely comes into question.

People moaning on OVF hasn't caused the divide, Norman's actions, incompetence and lies have caused it.

I have blind hope, but it differs from yours. I hope that Norman sells the club for what it's worth, not his hugely inflated price. I hope he sells to Synectics, a successful, growing business that is well respected locally and has the interests of the community at heart. They get what the club means to the fans and the community, and they are perfect for what we so desperately need.

I then hope that we're ran professionally, we become a club that we're all proud to support and be a part of. I then blindly hope that Aspin will be supported, unhindered, to create a competitive squad funded by a sensible, proportionate and sustainable budget.

I then hope that I'll be confident that there will be a Port Vale for future generations to follow.

Under Smurthwaite, all of those hopes are at risk. The proof is clear for all to see.

People moaning on OVF hasn't caused the divide, Norman's actions, incompetence and lies have caused it.

I have blind hope, but it differs from yours. I hope that Norman sells the club for what it's worth, not his hugely inflated price. I hope he sells to Synectics, a successful, growing business that is well respected locally and has the interests of the community at heart. They get what the club means to the fans and the community, and they are perfect for what we so desperately need.

I then hope that we're ran professionally, we become a club that we're all proud to support and be a part of. I then blindly hope that Aspin will be supported, unhindered, to create a competitive squad funded by a sensible, proportionate and sustainable budget.

I then hope that I'll be confident that there will be a Port Vale for future generations to follow.

Under Smurthwaite, all of those hopes are at risk. The proof is clear for all to see.

I don't disagree.. But while he is owner then we cant do much else can we? We cant force him to sell up.

It's not meant to belittle anyone, I just think it's the truth. Given his record to date; the debt we're in, the decline he's caused, the damage to our reputation, the lies he's repeatedly coming out with, and the lack of any kind of plan or vision for the club, then surely no genuine Vale fan that wants the best for the club, can continue to support him. There's no longer any lingering doubt that the man is destroying the club, there's no one left that doesn't acknowledge that fact, and yet he still has his supporters. There are far better alternatives for the club, and anyone that's not too lazy to look beyond Smurfs lies can see that. So why support the man that is single handedly to blame for our demise. If anyone still does support him, their loyalty to Port Vale surely comes into question.

But I don't see anyone who is supporting him? I see posters who disagree with certain points that are made against him?

Won't be listening to Norm tonight. Made that mistake at the Supporter's Club meeting. Thought it'd be fair to at least give him the opportunity to articulate his vision, but he threw that notion back in my face.

It'll be a confusing, poorly structured ramble laced with 'I saved the club', obscure financial transactions we don't care about, and, if we're lucky, a couple more threats to liquidate us. There will be no concrete plan for the Summer, no real commitments on targets or future investment. Just a man feeding his own ego.

He's honestly not worth our time. I've made my peace in that he'll go on his own terms and there's little we can do about it. Ignore the clown tonight.

Archived