onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale made a profit.

melv

Spoke in the wheel thought: If NS sells the Football club but keeps the ground could we not look around for a another ground and landlord?

Whilst the option is always there, I don't think people could bring themselves to watch the Vale play home games not at Vale Park.

For a vast majority of our fanbase its been Vale's home throughout their lifetimes. I don't think anyone wants a Coventry situation where they're playing 30 miles away (though they probably didn't have the same connection with the Ricoh as we do with VP, as run down as it is).

Smurf promised us last year he wouldn't sell if the potential buyer couldn't afford the ground: https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2017/02/vale-owner-says-club-and-ground-will-not-be-sold-separately/

“If they cannot purchase the club and the ground without funding I will not sell. I have a duty of care for the future of the club."

He's either changed his mind, he lied (shock!), or he has no intention of selling.

As bad as he is, I'd hate a situation where we're paying rent. He's proven himself to be spiteful, and I wouldn't put it past him charging us extortionate rent as a last middle finger to us fans who have dared criticise him.

Advert

Whilst the option is always there, I don't think people could bring themselves to watch the Vale play home games not at Vale Park.

For a vast majority of our fanbase its been Vale's home throughout their lifetimes. I don't think anyone wants a Coventry situation where they're playing 30 miles away (though they probably didn't have the same connection with the Ricoh as we do with VP, as run down as it is).

Smurf promised us last year he wouldn't sell if the potential buyer couldn't afford the ground: https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2017/02/vale-owner-says-club-and-ground-will-not-be-sold-separately/

“If they cannot purchase the club and the ground without funding I will not sell. I have a duty of care for the future of the club."

He's either changed his mind, he lied (shock!), or he has no intention of selling.

As bad as he is, I'd hate a situation where we're paying rent. He's proven himself to be spiteful, and I wouldn't put it past him charging us extortionate rent as a last middle finger to us fans who have dared criticise him.

Cheers H. As I posted it was a spoke in the wheel thought.

Because of my dad's sense of history I was there when we played our first game back at Vale Park in 1950, and like many Valiants I am emotionally linked to the hallowed turf in the Hamil :yes:

I'm pretty sure he said in the radio interview that selling the club separately from the ground was "probably not ideal for the club" or words to that effect. He also referred to the situation as being the "same old circus", all of which suggests he's lost interest in the future of the club.

One thing's for certain, he doesn't give a toss about the fans or what we think. He absolutely won't be questioned and his appalling attitude towards fans means he can ****** off as far as I'm concerned.

Rememeber his "If I leave, you lot are ******** remark at a Supporters Club meeting.

Remember him telling a fan (who asked him to tell us his valuation of the club) to sit down as it was none of his business.

Remember his pathetic eforts at ticket promotions, all done at a cost of £0.00 with predictable results.

Remember his losuy treatment of Rob Page.

Remember his stupid gullibility that cost us our League One status.

Remember his promise that he would leave the club in a better state than he found it.

I've definitely had enough of him.

In the RS interview he said it's not ideal to buy the club with out the ground, but also said it was an attractive proposition for a buyer. He contradicts himself constantly.

Hypothetically: say the initial purchase is for PVFC Minus the ground. Five years down the track we are near or in the Championship with the PVFC owners in a position to buy the ground.

The way I see it NS would be sitting on a nice little earner.

I imagine what smurf is saying is that on a day to day basis we are loosing a lot of money. This is probably true.

But with the sales of Grant and Alnwick and the solidarity payment from the football league we end up ok, I think the league 1 solidarity payment is about 600K

This is probably the case because it’s the case for pretty much every club outside of the premier league

I believe that is true but it won't stop the hyperbole that Smurf can charge us extortionate rent if he pleases.

You accept that any rent that has to be paid to Mr Smurthwaite is money that could, and should, be used to better Port Vale, and not to repay debt's accrued by Norm himself?

You accept that any rent that has to be paid to Mr Smurthwaite is money that could, and should, be used to better Port Vale, and not to repay debt's accrued by Norm himself?

Of course Hagrid that goes without saying but distorting the facts isn't going to help anyone though. I don't know what the rent would be set at but there are a number of football league clubs paying rent for their ground, not ideal at all but if it meant Smurf was gone would you accept it? There isn't much we can do about it either..

Of course Hagrid that goes without saying but distorting the facts isn't going to help anyone though. I don't know what the rent would be set at but there are a number of football league clubs paying rent for their ground, not ideal at all but if it meant Smurf was gone would you accept it? There isn't much we can do about it either..

There isn't much, thats the sad thing.

Its a shame that we're even considering paying rent to Norm. When he separated the club from the ground, we were told it was to protect it should we ever run into financial trouble. Some of us voiced concerns, and a couple of years later, lo and behold we're looking at renting it.

Torn on whether getting rid of him is worth paying rent to him. Would hinder the club and we've all seen the scare stories. Would have to see what the rent is, what the fixed term price is, and what relationship he'll have to the new owners to guarantee nothing like the Ricoh Arena shambles. At the present, I wouldn't trust him enough to treat us fairly.

Its a shame that we're even considering paying rent to Norm. When he separated the club from the ground, we were told it was to protect it should we ever run into financial trouble. Some of us voiced concerns, and a couple of years later, lo and behold we're looking at renting it.

Torn on whether getting rid of him is worth paying rent to him. Would hinder the club and we've all seen the scare stories. Would have to see what the rent is, what the fixed term price is, and what relationship he'll have to the new owners to guarantee nothing like the Ricoh Arena shambles. At the present, I wouldn't trust him enough to treat us fairly.

A bit of a misnomer the heading,Norman made a profit Port Vale didn't.

Would you tell anyone how much you were selling your house for (quote Norman) Of course you would if you actually wanted someone to buy it. But the ground rent would be hidden by an exclusivity clause.

Archived