onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Lincoln City

melv

Advert

Montano out is the worst possible news the most improved player at the club.

Id be tempted play Worrall ,there we need energy ,we need a player who can combine with Hannant to get us on the front foot ,Ashley Young is right footed he does it for Utd and whips a good ball in .

Worrall for me on sat and bring Harness in in his position .

Always remember Adam Yates whipping a fantastic ball in for Popey on many occassions from left back .

Worrall has that in his locker ,whether he can defend well we will see .

UTV

Vale are 40/1 for the drop. Even if we don't get another point this season, which we probably wont, we still wont go down. Aspin came here to keep us up, and he's done just that.

I hope you are right we are due a bit of luck surely.

Vale are 40/1 for the drop. Even if we don't get another point this season, which we probably wont, we still wont go down. Aspin came here to keep us up, and he's done just that.

By no means guaranteed but the fact Chesterfield ended two long winless runs one against ten men in critical fixtures gives us hope.

Barnets run in is easy but they lose one they need three wins or two wins and two draws and in doing that would take out one of Grimsbys two most winnable games...

FGR need four points but they face Chesterfield and Grimsby so to turn it around would likely be taking points of them two which works our way.

So there’s a chance we won’t need a point but is a gamble. Chesterfield failing to win tomorrow would be huge for us. Their next two are Mansfield H and their second game in hand away at Exeter so hopefully then they’d fail on those two tough ties and all of a sudden they only have four games left to get three wins to overhaul us (if lost all three three wins and a draw).

We will know a lot more at 10PM a week tomorrow anyway as to what we need to do.

Not giving up on getting a result against Lincoln though, they were far from impressive yesterday and their away record is no better than Crawley who we should have seen off. They don’t lose many Lincoln but have drawn an awful lot.

VFIA April fool's was last week. Worrall at left back strewth I've heard it all now.

And who do you propose replaces Worrall on the right ? Never read anything so proposterous.

Those on about that unpleasant thug Rhead who earlier was bigged up by Blakeman...did you see this assault yesterday ?

Actually looked at the keeper before elbowing him. What a coward.

https://mobile.twitter.com/horwell_91/status/982997529280294914

Ahh sorry VFIA I missed you suggested Harness.

Is this the same Harness who you gave a mark of 3/10 against Crawley with comments like when he came on we conceded sloppy goals and what has happened to him .

Yet now he is in your starting eleven with arguably our best player at left back !!

VFIA April fool's was last week. Worrall at left back strewth I've heard it all now.

And who do you propose replaces Worrall on the right ? Never read anything so proposterous.

Those on about that unpleasant thug Rhead who earlier was bigged up by Blakeman...did you see this assault yesterday ?

Actually looked at the keeper before elbowing him. What a coward.

https://mobile.twitter.com/horwell_91/status/982997529280294914

Its just a suggestion its not going hapeen he will go with Davis but after saturday is thst a good idea as he offers nothing going forwards as he can hardly pass the ball and defensively at times he is abysmal .We need a win as 1 in 17 is embarassing .

Thats why i have put him there as with Harness he either starts the game or to me dont bring him on at all as the 2 cameos v Crewe and Crawley aint being great as both goals have come from the side he was brought on on .

Whoevers chosen for pete sake put the ball in the onion bag more than the opposition .

That requires skill and balls as does keeping the ball out of our net which requires moral fibre .

Something over the last few seasons we have lacked .

How many games have i commented our goalies had nowt do yet we have managed lose .

That tells you everything

For me despite the resurrection of Montanos career at Vale, the fundamental necessity of being a left back is to be able to defend.

The attacking side is a bonus. I genuinely have no clue who to suggest plays there.

Davis is average at best in his favoured centre half role and pants at full back whether left or right.

Real conundrum for Aspin but as a previous poster mentioned Danny Rowe we really need to concentrate on the defensive side rather than an attacking left back.

Lost 4 players who could play there and now have no one who jumps out.

Harness?He is another one that's going through the motions since he signed his 2 yr extension to his contract at Burton!We are really in a mess and I feel sorry for Aspo, as he is so limited with this squad.Whoever plays just please put a shift in and get us over the line.The sooner May is here the better!!

Will we go with 2 players out of position though? I’d rather we didn’t. What a mess.

It’s how we’ve muddled through this and last season so I’m sure another four games won’t hurt. Hopefully we’re a bit more organised with our summer transfers than we were with those in January which consisted of a long list, blindfold and a pin.

Archived