onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Lincoln City

melv

Advert

If Aspins match fit id stick him in and maybe Brabin up front and is Andy Porter stillat the club him to and Chris Turner in goal .

Lincoln hey a progressive club who give lads from stoke on trent a chance make a living out the game .

A stoke fan forward Rhead v a stoke fans defence Smith and Gibbons as Aspin will choose them .

How interesting and a very aggressive home support with like anyone who brings any support to Burslem bringing the best and worst out of home support as the atmosphere should be electric and usually is as Shef Utd and Bolton and Coventry and Chesterfield will vouch .

I expert the best performance since v Chesterfield and Luton nothing less.

You've forgotten Lee Nogan up front :laugh:

If Aspins match fit id stick him in and maybe Brabin up front and is Andy Porter stillat the club him to and Chris Turner in goal .

Lincoln hey a progressive club who give lads from stoke on trent a chance make a living out the game .

A stoke fan forward Rhead v a stoke fans defence Smith and Gibbons as Aspin will choose them .

How interesting and a very aggressive home support with like anyone who brings any support to Burslem bringing the best and worst out of home support as the atmosphere should be electric and usually is as Shef Utd and Bolton and Coventry and Chesterfield will vouch .

I like VFIA's optimism and devotion to the club. However, I find it tiresome how he constantly refers to Nathan Smith and James Gibbons as Stoke fans. They are both young local professionals, who are clearly devoted to the cause of Port Vale. Comment about their play by all means but the suggestion that being Stoke fans makes them less worthy is not right and it is not fair.

The greatest player to turn out for Stoke, well that was Stanley Matthews, who just happened to be a Port Vale fan. I did not know of any Stoke fans who complained about him being a Vale fan.

In terms of Stoke connections, Mr Port Vale is, of course, Roy Sproson. Guess which club he signed for first, as an amateur, before playing for us? Port Vale of course.

In the last 50 years the best local player produced by Port Vale, who gained wonderful national fame was Robbie Earle. Guess what, he,like Roy Sproson, started out playing for Stoke as an amateur.

No one ever doubted the commitment and devotation to the cause of Roy and Robbie. No one should doubt that the same applies to Nathan Smith and James Gibbons.

Finally, as young local lads who love football, should we be unhappy that they supported, as a kid, the nearest team to their home? No, I applaud it. I would rather that, than hear them to claim to have been Man Utd fans.

Excellent post Essex. The slating of players as they are perceived to be Lardies is tiresome.

Based on VFIA sentiment then if Vale had a player from Lincoln in our team do you think their fans would be saying at least Port Vale give Lincoln lads a chance.

As most I smile at VFIA posts and as we all are entitled to our opinion then it's free speech.

However VFIA my personal opinion is I don't particularly rate that lump of lard Rhead and I'm glad Pope leads our line not him.

Please stop the continual slating of Smith, he was better in League one for sure but as others have said it's 2nd season syndrome and a combination of 38 different goalkeepers and 27 different centre half partners.

Leave off the lad.

Excellent post Essex. The slating of players as they are perceived to be Lardies is tiresome.

Based on VFIA sentiment then if Vale had a player from Lincoln in our team do you think their fans would be saying at least Port Vale give Lincoln lads a chance.

As most I smile at VFIA posts and as we all are entitled to our opinion then it's free speech.

However VFIA my personal opinion is I don't particularly rate that lump of lard Rhead and I'm glad Pope leads our line not him.

Please stop the continual slating of Smith, he was better in League one for sure but as others have said it's 2nd season syndrome and a combination of 38 different goalkeepers and 27 different centre half partners.

Leave off the lad.

Well lets see if leads us two successive relegations before bigging him up as then he is part of the catastrophe that brings the end of PVFC .

Im not that fussed if he supports Stoke as i used watch Stoke when i was younger ,my allegiance to Vale comes from my dad .

I just think a lot of our goals conceded are down to his inexperience and dont get me started on what a non threat he is from our corners .

He is a liability if anything from our corners Crewe broke away he just jogged back the other week .

Do not rate him never will ,he makes John Mccombe look like Bobby Moore .

4 games left lets how he performs then hopefully the club he supports can give us a million and he can partner Shawcross in whatever league Stoke find themselves in .

As for Gibbons mid season our unknown so was quite average as nobody really knew him now quite clearly uncomfortably struggling and being targeted by the opposition with long ball i noticed .

My opinions are mine and theres no hate there at all ,impress me i praise you ,disgust me i will tell you .

If your man enough give it you got be man enough take it .

We have being abysmal mostly bar a few impressive displays for last two seasons .

I could go through the whole squad and out of most of them i have the same view of them as i have of the two mentioned players .

Theres no agenda ,hand on heart is it good enough be close to going out the league .

5 out of starting 11 regularly perform the other 6 generally ho from one extreme to the other .

I pay ,i go and i love Vale .

All i care about is we win games and attract new support to the ground .

We do neither generally .

UTV

Yes we know you love Vale mate and I'm just offering my opinion as you offer yours.

He won't solely be responsible for leading us to two relegations as we are not going down.

As for Gibbons I agree he isn't great at the moment. Maybe Yeovil in December took an edge off him, also he can be given mistakes as it's his first season in pro football and his age.

Let's remember Lawrie Wilson should of been a mainstay of this team but for whatever reason didn't want to know and he was sent packing.

Young lads are bound to be found out in a struggling team.

Smith is a shadow of last season where he was up against far better players but as I previously posted there are extenuating circumstances .

The catastrophe of Port Vale as you put it is not down to Nathan Smith or James Gibbons more down to you know who and the general malaise within our club

I like VFIA's optimism and devotion to the club. However, I find it tiresome how he constantly refers to Nathan Smith and James Gibbons as Stoke fans. They are both young local professionals, who are clearly devoted to the cause of Port Vale. Comment about their play by all means but the suggestion that being Stoke fans makes them less worthy is not right and it is not fair.

The greatest player to turn out for Stoke, well that was Stanley Matthews, who just happened to be a Port Vale fan. I did not know of any Stoke fans who complained about him being a Vale fan.

In terms of Stoke connections, Mr Port Vale is, of course, Roy Sproson. Guess which club he signed for first, as an amateur, before playing for us? Port Vale of course.

In the last 50 years the best local player produced by Port Vale, who gained wonderful national fame was Robbie Earle. Guess what, he,like Roy Sproson, started out playing for Stoke as an amateur.

No one ever doubted the commitment and devotation to the cause of Roy and Robbie. No one should doubt that the same applies to Nathan Smith and James Gibbons.

Finally, as young local lads who love football, should we be unhappy that they supported, as a kid, the nearest team to their home? No, I applaud it. I would rather that, than hear them to claim to have been Man Utd fans.

Also the only manager to take us to a FA Cup semi-final, the first time ever by a 3rd North team, wonder who he played for before Mansfield?

VFIA this is a stupid comment re Smith and Gibbons, they are professionals and don't fail to put a shift in for the Vale. It is a little bit like calling you a Crewe fan because you close by in Alsager.

Archived