onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Advert

Ok, tell me one positive contribution Rudge has made since his arrival?

For a Sjoke fan that’s an incredibly great question and will give it the respect it deserves. Personally purely on his presence alone within the Club he has uplifted the spirits of the true Vale fan during very difficult times. Seeing him around the grounds is a reminder to us all that there is hope we can drag ourselves out of the mire. He’s also a sounding board for Aspo which to some extent has helped us be 7 points clear of the bottom two despite the worse squad and Chairman we’ve had in my footballing lifetime. Some of these are intangibles the tangible element will be in the close season with the the major caveat that the purse strings do not exist with this Chairman. Long live Sir John you and I no doubt can kneel at his feet. I’ll kiss his left foot what do you want to kiss?

Great answer but what I really wanted to know is what has he done to improve the football side of things or is he employed solely but people like to see him walking around the corridors?

He is employed part time but is there virtually every day. He attends training and has done one to one coaching with some of the players. He is a sounding board for the management team. He actually watches the matches which is more than you do.

He is employed part time but is there virtually every day. He attends training and has done one to one coaching with some of the players. He is a sounding board for the management team. He actually watches the matches which is more than you do.

Rudge was a genius for watching games to buy talent in his hey day and worked 7 days a week tirelessly.

I know times have changed but i wonder if anyone from Vale went to Crawley last night . This isn't a pop at anyone but a genuine query, seems scouting and checking out opponents is all via you tube nowadays.

My take, we played pretty well, a few reasonably decent shots and a couple off the line but for the most part our shots gave their keeper a photo opportunity.

That was my thoughts. The header in the first half was straight at him and the header across him in the second had no pace on it and the keeper had all day to adjust. Sadly we never really looked like scoring and we're always worth a mistake at the back. I think we'd have lost at Barnet but for the keeper error despite again dominating the game.

To be fair to Tonge later in the game he bust a gut to get back into the centre of the box to put in a great block to prevent another tap in when again the 5 defenders all stood around ball watching.

Don't understand why he stays on for the entire 90 or why he takes all the set pieces, not great at any of them.

Yes Tongue should be kept away from corners free kicks and penalties.His free kick into the Bycars stand was diabolical.His corners are poor and over hit and say no more about the penalty.

Worrall took much better corners and free kicks.

Great answer but what I really wanted to know is what has he done to improve the football side of things or is he employed solely but people like to see him walking around the corridors?

He does a lot more than you and your Stoke WUM,s.

If you really support the Vale try to be a bit more positive as you are sounding to much like Bea Smith and Martino.

What evidence is their that the transfer window was really poor due to lack of cash.

At no point did Aspin or Rudge indicate that they had no money.

Aspin has had no problems talking about his frustrations with “backstabbers” so why would he not vent his frustration about lack of cash?

So Gunning didn't leave for more money? It's also been stated that we were after Dodds and Ricky Miller but we couldn't afford either.

Surely that’s irrelevant - if the wage bill is less then he hasn’t been supported financially.

If there is only a small difference ,and Neil didn’t want certain players ,he could have been.Maybe there was unforeseen costs that we know little about? More questions for tonight.10k for Hannant represents backing.Ben Whitfield,did we not offer a fee?Neil’s choice.Not forgetting Smurthwaite made that statement well before January.

If there is only a small difference ,and Neil didn’t want certain players ,he could have been.Maybe there was unforeseen costs that we know little about? More questions for tonight.10k for Hannant represents backing.Ben Whitfield,did we not offer a fee?Neil’s choice.Not forgetting Smurthwaite made that statement well before January.

Read Phil’s post above.

Archived