onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Advert

I don't care what anyone says Aspin has lost these players I honestly think the players absolutely hate him and it's damaging some of their careers and I think this is where the back stabbing comments have come from, some players have either voiced their concerns to the clubs hierarchy or there's been some sort of player meeting about the situation. A few of these players I have absolutely no doubt wud be better players under a different manager Whitfield, Worral, Harness, Smith, Gibbons, Raglan and the likes. Of course this is just me reading between the lines and my honest opinion.

And this weeks OVF Award for Fiction goes to M Ferns.

I too thought that we played quite well. Barnett did very well considering his lack of first team action. Forrester though was off the pace and is in danger of falling out of professional football unless he shows a bit more devilment and commitment.

Surprisingly, Tonge and Pugh controlled midfield for a lot of the game and Worrall was very busy all night.

Howkins has bags of ability and potential. Monty was good at left back, especially in the second half.

But we've got a problem at right back where Gibbons looks completely out of form and neither Davis nor Raglan are full backs.

Yes we lost but it wasn't a bad performance and as Howjy says we could easily have won that game by 2-3 goals. I'm not panning the players for last night. I thought they did really well and deserve a bit of praise, for once.

The bigger picture Smurthwaite is the problem but the reason we haven't won in 2018 comes down to the manager simple as, he has the players to work with but they don't want to play for him, even 7 out of the 8 HE signed don't perform for him is that Smurfs fault? The owner is the cancer at this club but the manager has to take the blame for the performances on the pitch.

How are you in a position to say which players are not performing when you never go to any of the games? Nearly all the players ran their nuts off last night - didn't look to me like a squad not playing for their manager. But you wouldn't know that because you're never there.

On what evidence do u base "Aspin clearly has the ability" cus I haven't seen a hint of it yet. .

But you haven't seen anything because you admit you don't go.

but how many managers in this league have owners that have thrown tons of money their way for players?

Forest Green have a budget that is £1 million more than ours and yet they are below us in the league. Chesterfield's wage budget is almost double ours and look where they are. Accy have an owner who is now pumping money into the club.

The only team down at the bottom who really strengthened in the January window were Forest Green and they did it by throwing daft money at the situation. Aspin did not have that option so he ended up at the Poundland sale. Yes he's made mistakes but he has a long way to go before he makes as many as Dear Leader.

Lets not forget Forest green are still terrible too

Forest Green have a budget that is £1 million more than ours and yet they are below us in the league. Chesterfield's wage budget is almost double ours and look where they are. Accy have an owner who is now pumping money into the club.

How do u know these things...

But you haven't seen anything because you admit you don't go.

No point arguing with stupid Jacko

On what evidence do u base "Aspin clearly has the ability" cus I haven't seen a hint of it yet. Smurthwaite is a buffoon that's for sure and not backing up his promise to splash the cash clearly shows this but how many managers in this league have owners that have thrown tons of money their way for players? Not many that's for sure cus that's what this league is made up of free transfers and chancers so in that respect we are in the same boat as them all other than the manager we employ..... Who for a second thinks Accy have got a huge budget that dwarfs our own? I'd bet their budget is closer to half of ours but they have a great team spirit generated from a good manager.

Well no you wouldn't see it if you don't go games!

Just to repeat myself, we took 26 points out of a possible 42 in his first 14 league games. Over the course of the season that's 85 points. We put 4 past Luton and beat teams like Coventry and Carlisle.

Haven't posted on here for a while. On the whole last night we played excellent and were really unfortunate to lose the game. Sadly just a lapse at the back and a lack of luck in front of goal has yet again cost us.

Those slating Aspin, have a word with yourselves. You have a right to your opinion yes but the bloke is doing his best. He also gives a **** as well judging from his reaction to the fan who was having a go at the end.

Imagine trying to win the Tour De France on a chopper.

That's what Aspin is working with, thanks to the fat one......

It looked as though Worrall had a knock when he came off.A pity,as had he stayed on at expense of Tonge/Pugh,we probably would have won.

Worrall was limping a few minutes before he went off and also when he was walking off. We need him for the run in so i hope he is ok and was taken off before it got worse.

Why oh why does anyone lower themselves to reply to the drivel mickyferns spouts? Shove him into "ignore" By the way there can be no doubt last night the squad showed their passion for the Club. Ok we are lacking in skills and a finisher but I was thoroughly entertained. Yes it was refreshing to have 2 up front and 2 wingers from the start even though I again conclude Forrester is not up to League football. On another day we would have had 3 goals. That's football. Even Exeter fans left the ground admitting they were damn lucky. I have no doubts we will be safe. I want Aspin to stay and carry on/ finish the job of resurrecting our Club but without the current owner, please.

Deluded. Seriously you've lost focus now on the issues facing us. You've fallen into the tried and tested trap of deflecting blame from the main problem. Bruno would have kept us up? Smurf's greatest failure to date was the whole Bruno debacle. You've lost a huge amount of credibility with that post as far as I'm concerned. Horrendous post. Really really bad.

Entitled to your opinion as am i. We were 6 or 7 points clear, yes we were in a bad run. Wimbledon was truly atrocious. Walsall the game he got the sack was awful. The previous game we were incredibly unlucky to lose 3-2 to Northampton having played really well.

My honest opinion is Michael Brown got us relegated particularly with his so called 11 cup finals rallying call where we failed to score in 9 of our last 11 games.

I don't see how having a personal opinion about us not going down under Bruno makes me lose credibility just because you don't agree.

Archived